Prior Cissus Users (Bulk Powder question)?

daveydoodle

daveydoodle

Awards
I searched some threads, but none REALLY answered my question. If you don't mind, I have 2 for everyone;
Regarding bulk Cissus....

1) Can the bulk powder be taken effectively mixed with say water, juice, etc. (anything to get it down) or must it be capped? Just preference?
2) Only label on the package says 100 g / 1/4 tsp = 700 mg. So six servings of 1/4 tsp yields approx. 4.2 g (effective dosage @ 4-6 g) sound right?

Quick info; 6'4", 265. On a Tren/P-Plex Cycle currently. I'm taking Glucosmine/MSM, Fish Oil and still having joint problems (shoulder/back/wrist). I know pushing heavy weight is always going to cause this problem, but would love to do something to try and aleviate this as much as I can.
Thanks

j3ffbeck

Awards
In my opinion the bulk cissus tasted like a mix of cocoa powder and death. It was too nasty for me to do anything but parachute it (wrap in it in single ply TP then swallow). If you're talking about the bulk "super cissus"1/4 tsp 3-4X daily should do it for you. For me it took about 1-2 weeks to start reducing pain. Keep in mind that this is really just masking the symptoms with the kind of lifting that your doing.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will not mix as it is not very soluble.

Fill mouth with liquid of choice, scopp desire amount of powder into mouth, swallow, chase with same liquid.

Effective dosing would be 1 to 1.5g, two to three times daily. Really 3-4g is plenty.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep in mind that this is really just masking the symptoms with the kind of lifting that your doing.
Not completely true. The studies done with cissus were done on osteoperocis(sp) pateints and it demosntrated evidence of increased bone density and mass in the duration of the testing.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Definately NOT water soluable. Taste is bad. You can chase it, but capping is just SO much more convinient if you don't want to carry around a bucket of powder to dose with during the day.

skiboyny

Awards
I mixed it with about 4oz of water and let it sit for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Drink it with food take a bite of whatever food drink it down take another bite. Worked good for me. All of the other methods mentioned will leave a nasty taste in your mouth. Give that a go.

NovaZ

Awards
Cissus is one of those supplements where I do not mind at all paying a little extra to get it capped, I just cant do the taste and hydrophobic nature of it. Accidently chewing that little clump that didnt go down always killed me.

I agree that 3-4g is sufficient and effective.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cissus is one of those supplements where I do not mind at all paying a little extra to get it capped, I just cant do the taste and hydrophobic nature of it. Accidently chewing that little clump that didnt go down always killed me.

I agree that 3-4g is sufficient and effective.
Yeah, it is bad. I always capped or parachuted it...

steam

steam

Awards
  • Established
for cissus, def parachute...near impossible with water, and tastes vengeful

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
it didnt taste that bad to me kinda like an odd tea flavor not bad in my opinion at all.

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
Which size capsule should I use to yield ~1 gram of this powder without adding filler?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
To me, this stuff taste like waht tea would probably taste like if it was a little burnt, and didn't have the extra ingredients to make it taste better. Not that bad.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
stuff tastes like ass
i use OO size caps and was getting 600mg in each cap after the tamper

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I would opt for capping. Our SuperCissus extract does not taste like apple pie... haha

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I just take it straight and chase with green tea.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I never thought it tasted that bad...I just throw a heaping half teaspoon in my mouth and chase it with some water.

I also have thrown a heaping teaspoon on top of my protein shake in the morning in my shaker cup. Something about the protein, or the shaker cup makes the cissus mix in pretty well. Can't really taste it...and mixes just fine that way.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
anything I have bulk always seems to find its way into my protein shake:lol:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FYI - Many of the bulk powders, (USPlabs' products' actives), require empty stomach or 15 plus minutes before consuming food.

Capping is a must in my book to assure efficacy of my bulk powders.