Yohimbine and/vs Yellow Gold

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
While trying to educate myself better on the supplements I'm currently taking, I came across the following note in this article regarding Berberine:

"Berberine may competitively inhibit the binding of yohimbine to platelets. Patients taking yohimbine should consult with a qualified healthcare professional, including a pharmacist, to check for interactions."

I currently take 5mg of Yohimbine HCL first thing in the morning, with one cap of VatAttack, on a completely empty stomach. My first dose of Yellow Gold is usually about 4 hours later, after which I take 3-4 more doeses of Yellow Gold at later times in the day ~20 min before eating, each dose about 800mg.

Am I wasting these supplements or is the 4 hour spacing sufficient? Also, is there the possibility of buildup over time which could cause this inhibition?

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
The same article also states this:
"Berberine may decrease the metabolism of vitamin B; therefore, the concomitant use of berberine with vitamin B should be avoided."

I'm also taking USPowders bulk 1-carboxy and learned recently that it should be taken with EGCG and B-complex... However, if I'm also taking Yellow Gold, and the statement above is true, it seems that there would be a conflict with these supplements if taken together.

I'm beginning to realize how important it is to learn about the supplements I'm taking, to the point of maybe stopping all together and starting over with only the most basic items. Unless I'm overanalyzing this, it would seem I have to decide between yellow gold and yohimbine, or yellow gold and 1-carboxy... I guess I better research any potential interactions between yohimbine and 1-carboxy.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Moved to the supplement articles section, seems more appropriate here.

Feedback on my questions above is greatly appreciated.

Carlchen

Awards
I'm curious to know the answer to your question as well...