Stimulant Substitute

JeremyT

Awards
Hey guys,

I'm one of the unlucky few who can't really drink coffee without having a whole host of stomach issues for the day. One cup of coffee in the morning leaves me with gas, and diherrea all freaking day. The only thing is I start work at 5:45am in the morning, and so I need some kind of a buzz to keep me awake driving my machine. Is there any other stims that you guys know that would give me the same effect as a good strong coffee, but without needing to run to the bathroom several times. Same goes for any pre-workout supps, which I have mostly had to drop due to this problem.

Thanks!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So it's caffeine specifically and not coffee itself that is giving you trouble?

Give some good nootropics a try: 1g PLCAR + 1g ALCAR + 500mg RALA is a good start.

I'm also thoroughly enjoying LGsciences SV2, which is caffeine free as well.

I have a very low tolerance to caffeine like you; however rather than stomach issues, I become very stressed, anxious, irritable and lose a lot of sleep from even a little bit. The above products have given me none of the issues that caffeine does.

BigSmith

Awards
  • Established
I have the same issue. Its not the caffeine in the coffee its the acids. I have mild IBS and its one of the #1 foods to avoid. Cutting out coffee made a world of difference. It was strange because before the IBS hit, coffee was never an issue.

Slim Xtreme is now what I take daily. 1 cap and you are good for 12 hours. Grab a sample at www.powerofsx.com and try it.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys,

I'm one of the unlucky few who can't really drink coffee without having a whole host of stomach issues for the day. One cup of coffee in the morning leaves me with gas, and diherrea all freaking day. The only thing is I start work at 5:45am in the morning, and so I need some kind of a buzz to keep me awake driving my machine. Is there any other stims that you guys know that would give me the same effect as a good strong coffee, but without needing to run to the bathroom several times. Same goes for any pre-workout supps, which I have mostly had to drop due to this problem.

Thanks!
It's a bit of an unusual reaction to caffeine, if that truly is the culprit. There are those with more sensitive GI systems who can not tolerate the acids, as mentioned above, and I am wondering if that isn't the real issue here. What puzzles me is the reaction with pre-w/o products. If they are caffeinated, that may allude to a caffeine oversensitivity or allergy. If it is something else in them, acids perhaps, that upset your stomach, then that may be the commonality. Can you tell us specifically what pre-w/o products made you feel the same as coffee does, and if the symptoms presented were exactly the same or different? I can see having to pee a lot, but stomach discomfort and reflux issues shouldn't occur unless there is an underlying problem. Have you been checked out for GERD, ulcers, or any other GI issues? If not, then I'd recommend it. A simple outpatient "surgery" to knock you out for 20 minutes while they jam a camera down your gullet will yield some very good answers. (Did that a few years ago, diagnosed with GERD, on Prevacid for 8 months while I changed diet, never had a problem again!)

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's a bit of an unusual reaction to caffeine, if that truly is the culprit. There are those with more sensitive GI systems who can not tolerate the acids, as mentioned above, and I am wondering if that isn't the real issue here. What puzzles me is the reaction with pre-w/o products. If they are caffeinated, that may allude to a caffeine oversensitivity or allergy. If it is something else in them, acids perhaps, that upset your stomach, then that may be the commonality. Can you tell us specifically what pre-w/o products made you feel the same as coffee does, and if the symptoms presented were exactly the same or different? I can see having to pee a lot, but stomach discomfort and reflux issues shouldn't occur unless there is an underlying problem. Have you been checked out for GERD, ulcers, or any other GI issues? If not, then I'd recommend it. A simple outpatient "surgery" to knock you out for 20 minutes while they jam a camera down your gullet will yield some very good answers. (Did that a few years ago, diagnosed with GERD, on Prevacid for 8 months while I changed diet, never had a problem again!)
That is some sound advice right there. I had to have that once, then the swallow test with a fluoroscope all to find out I had H-Pylori that was causing me so much pain. Go get that looked at by a good GI doc, it most likely is something that can be dealt with either through diet change mentioned above and/or the addition of a prescription acid reducer. I spent nearly 9 years taking medication for something I didn't have and masked the underlying problem because I had a doc that was stupid... I want my money back! Anyways, good luck and find out what the problem is. Oh, and I love me some geranium oil (30 mg)in my homemade pre-workout due to its fast action and short half life unlike caffeine that after 6 PM will have me awake all night.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's why I LOVE SpeedV2.
I liked what I saw in this plus you get 90 servings per bottle! Good work on this one LG, may have to give it a shot sometime soon.

MSL2009

Awards
Just try a Rockstar or Redbull or maybe something that contains Kola Nut.

JeremyT

Awards
Alright big update boys. Number one I was thinking yesterday and It seems that the preworkout supps were not what was hurting my stomach. I have been experimenting with getting caffeine from different sources over the past few days. I tried tea, redbull, and rockstar the past 3 mornings. Tea gave me 0 buzz, but 0 stomach issues, Redbull slightly more of a pick me up, with rockstar giving me all out shakes after 3/4 of the can, but no stomach issues. To reply to the above post, I have been checked for many of the GI issues that you mentioned. My stomach has always been a bitch, and I had it looked at by a GI doctor. My dad has GERD and is on prevacid, but I'm ok. Just have be to careful with what I eat, as if I eat anything rich, i feel quite sick. It seems that the coffee itself was the issue and not the caffeine.

So as long as I don't drink coffee I can still get my buzz. =D

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Green Tea is your friend then since it is actually more caffeine than the average cup of coffee, less Starbucks liquid caffeine of course.