Closest protein to Ergo Mass Meal

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
Back in the day I loved me some Mass Meal by Ergopharm as a MRP or to add a scoop to my post workout shake. Chocolate Fudge tasted great and mixed well w/ most other proteins out there.

Since I've been out of the game for a few, I see its discontinued.

Anyone have a good recommendation?

Things I liked about its profile (cut/paste):

Protein Component:
The proteins in Mass meal consist of membrane filtered Whey protein Isolate (WPI) and Micellar Casein - nothing else!! No inferior whey concentrates or caseinate salts are used. This ensures not only maximum gains but also minimizes stomach upset and digestive disturbances. Mass Meal also contains extra glutamine.

Fat Component:
Mass Meal contains both sunflower oil and Enova™ brand oil. Sunflower oil is a healthy source of essential fatty acids that your body needs to function properly and grow. Enova brand oil™ consists of specialized fats known as diacylglycerols (DAGs). DAGs are clinically proven to be burned more for energy than stored as fat compared to regular oils (triglycerides)

Carb Component:
Mass Meal contains both simple and complex carbs (brown rice powder). This ensures both maximal insulin response as well as helping to sustain blood sugar levels to avoid rebound hypoglycemia

Insulin Potentiating Component:
For your muscles to fully utilize all the quality calories in Mass Meal you must ensure optimal insulin sensitivity. That is why we include effective dosages of both alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) and chromium picolinate.

Thanks in advance!

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Xtreme formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0 has a profile of:

18g protein, 5 g carb, 9 g fat

The Mass Meal had a profile of:

34 g protein, 25 g carb, 13 g fat

It was much more geared w/ a great combo of simple/complex carbs.

XF Ultra Peptide 2.0 does not have this carb component and thus, if I wanted to add both simple/complex carbs, I would have to do that on my own.

I am looking for a more complete drink that will provide both protein and simple/complex carbs.

I cant find one anymore...

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
SAN Infusion or Myo-Juiced.Both are great products.
San Infusion, in addition to a price of almost $3/serving, has a profile of:

47g protein, 12 g carbs and 12 g fat.

Myo Juiced goes the opposite direction, with:

30 g protein, 70 g carbs and 6.5 g fat.

Again, not a terrible suggestion, but not quite the right "ratio" I am hoping to find in terms of protein:carbs:fat

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
The ratio for Mass Meal was about:

2.5 : 2 " 1

Protein : Carbs : Fat

It also had a great blend of fast/slow digesting carbs, a great "healthy" fat source, and a good mix of WPI and Micellar Casein.

That is what I am hoping to find. Maybe something like this does not exist anymore, I'm not sure...

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The ratio for Mass Meal was about:

2.5 : 2 " 1

Protein : Carbs : Fat

It also had a great blend of fast/slow digesting carbs, a great "healthy" fat source, and a good mix of WPI and Micellar Casein.

That is what I am hoping to find. Maybe something like this does not exist anymore, I'm not sure...
Do a google search for Mass Meal.

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
I have a feeling all the mass meals out there now have expiration dates that are already past.

Any "new" ideas for a product still being manufactured?