Need help controlling acne

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
So for some reason my acne has been horrible the last few months. I have no idea at all whats causing it and I cant get it under control. I did my first cycle of test towards the beginning of the year. I didnt get any acne side effects at all until the last 2 or 3 weeks. Ever since I got off it never really went away and the last month or so its gotten really bad. I always get it bad in the winter time due to the fact im not out in the sun. During summer im outside 12 hours a day everyday and my face has always been flawless. I dont think I have hada it this bad ever and no matter what stuff I use it doesnt seem to clear it up. I also take fish oil ad biotin which doesnt help either. Is there anything im doing or should try? And would the cycle have effects to still mess up my skin after this long?

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Have you tried medications or otc products like OXY, Noxzema or Neutagena? These products can help clear up any acne. Increases in test will cause in increase in the activity of sebacious glands, and could be part of why you now have acne. If the problem persists, even after using OTC products, I'd visit a dermatologist.

lohyewcheong

lohyewcheong

Awards
Bathing with Nizoral has helped me. Super high dose of B5 has worked for some

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
I use nuetragena which hasn't helped much at all. It has always helped in the past but not cutting it anymore.

JassUSMC

JassUSMC

Awards
Bathing with Nizoral has helped me. Super high dose of B5 has worked for some
Well, I guess genetically I had acne for a long time. Im talking since 15, and it slowly diminished over a a year or two. Back in the peak of my puperty years, I tried Accutane, that stuff you see on infomercials, and tried B5. None worked, just had to let it runs it course. I notice if I dont wash my face for a few days, just wipe it down during a hot shower, my skin heals and looks better.

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
some may disagree but to help control my backnee on cycle, i used a shower brush and dawn dish soap....it worked for me...prob isn't the best for your skin but it helps with the scaring/breakouts...just my two cents

cmp007

Awards
  • Established
I just get it on my face. Around my mouth and chin is the worst. Never had problems at all during summertime with being in the sun but its never been this bad and its summertime. Pretty gay if you ask me

spaniel1287

Awards
Go to doc and get Doxycyclin prescribed to you. Its a one a day pill that will clear your face right up.

steam

steam

Awards
  • Established
agreed..the miracle drug is antibiotics...

if not too bad, can try proactiv and its clones(Klear Action, proacne...)

grocker

Awards
  • Established
I used to get them on chin and around the mouth also but I only get them every once in a while now. I tried many things to get rid of them and only found 2 things that work. The first one is the regimen from acne.org but it's a pain in the butt after awhile. The key is to stay consistent with the regimen. The other was a product I found online that I was very skeptical when I came across it but i found it was easy to use and worked great. It's called buzz on acne. I loved it cuz all you had to do is clean face with a gentle cleanser, dry, and spray on the buzz on acne.