Does ecdysterone come from spinach?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's the deal. I have kidney stones (comprised of oxalate so I need to avoid high-oxalate containing foods).

I found out that spinach contains the highest oxalate amount of any food!!!

Well, does this pertain to Ecdysterone as well? I use the crap out of this stuff.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It happens to exist as a compound in the herbs Rhaponticum/Leuzeae and Cyanotis vaga, and is therefore a naturally occurring phytochemical.

found off an article posted on another forum. PM me if you want it.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fresh spinach does contain ecdysterones, yes. You'd have to eat a LOT of it though to get enough ecdysterone to make a difference.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks. I have been reading similar studies, NONE of which state if ecdysterone contains oxalates or not. Need more of an exact + accurate answer. Thanks for your help

It happens to exist as a compound in the herbs Rhaponticum/Leuzeae and Cyanotis vaga, and is therefore a naturally occurring phytochemical.

found off an article posted on another forum. PM me if you want it.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
How do you think Popeye got so strong, it's not a myth you know ;)

aj37

Awards
From my experience with ecdysterone:
first took IDS 17 Hydroxy mesterone with decent results not powerfull results and did the research on ecdysterone from there I researched and found that ants naturally produce ecdysterone and what does this mean:

ants can lift multiple times their bodyweight cant remember the number but it was a long time ago when I read this

so from there I took SciFit ecdysterone which was 300 mg ecdysterone per dose with a high protien meal and it worked better than the IDS product I previously took
I then bought some bulk powder ecdysterone from NP and capped it = similar results to the SCI Fit ecdysterone which I noticed some hardening in my bicepts because Im fat and thats where I noticed it the most

The bulk powder was real gritty and hard to cap and I thought it was a little too expensive to keep on using ecdysterone in any form

so fast forward about a year or so and I found SNI 20 Beta Hydroxy and the supplement facts are as followed:

20 Beta Hydroxy Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 120
Amount Per Serving
Cyanotis Vaga (Root, standardized 97% 20 Beta-hydroxyEcdysterone) 200 mg

this product worked the best for me as far as ecdysterone goes
I pretty much went from using a small amount with the IDS product to using a larger amount which was 300mg a day to capping my own 500 mg a day to using 800 mg a day with the SNI product and felt similar hardness in my muscles when I used tren xtreme
However I did not in any way double my strength but I did consistently little by little go up in the weight I lifted from week to week but did not plateau like I would usually

Like I said before the ecdysterone products were a bit pricey for me but the SNI product is about 15.00 for 120 caps and I would usually take 4 caps a day

I know I swayed far away from the original question "does ecdysterone come from spinach" and my answer is I dont know, but I just thought I would share my experience on ecdysterone

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad you had a good experience with Ecdy.

The best source though (by far) is Rhaponticum Carthamoides, not Cyanotis Vaga. Full spectrum RC Extract is the best researched..albeit a bit more expensive. A well done Suma (25:1) extract is also worth investigating. I would put either above CV but again, if that's working for you that's great. You may do even better with RCE/Suma if so inclined.

K21

Awards
Glad you had a good experience with Ecdy.

The best source though (by far) is Rhaponticum Carthamoides, not Cyanotis Vaga. Full spectrum RC Extract is the best researched..albeit a bit more expensive. A well done Suma (25:1) extract is also worth investigating. I would put either above CV but again, if that's working for you that's great. You may do even better with RCE/Suma if so inclined.suma

Are you saying suma would be a good 2nd choice compared to RCE, I read V.N. Syrov had good things to say about suma and the russian secret and thing like that which tells me suma has value, did he test suma against RCE to find out which one was better or if they could be used together?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you saying suma would be a good 2nd choice compared to RCE, I read V.N. Syrov had good things to say about suma and the russian secret and thing like that which tells me suma has value, did he test suma against RCE to find out which one was better or if they could be used together?
do find it odd that you are asking a question to a post that happened 10 yrs ago? if this stuff was really worth it, it would still be all over the boards as well as being actively marketed like creatine.

Reactions: UNX