74 Supplement Companies Under Attack
- 07-04-2009, 04:24 AM
74 Supplement Companies Under Attack
April 28, 2009
Attorney Bob Lee has joined eight other counties in asking the court to halt the sales of vitamin supplements made or sold by 74 companies unless customers are warned that the products contain cancer-causing lead! The complaint alleges the manufacturers failed to provide the warning required by the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, also known as Proposition 65. The complaint also seeks penalties of $2,500 a day for each violation. State law requires businesses to provide a ?clear and reasonable warning? before exposing individuals to chemicals known to the state to cause cancer or reproductive harm. Lead is highly toxic, and has been found to be capable of damaging the nervous system, particularly of children, at increasingly lower levels, according to the complaint. The alleged violations were discovered in July after the FDA released the results of tests of different multivitamin and mineral products, some of which contained excessive amounts of lead according to the FDA testing.
The Companies Being Targeted
* 21st Century Healthcare, Inc.
* Apex Fitness Group, A division of 24 Hour Fitness USA;
* Biosan Laboratories;
* Bluebonnet Nutrition Corporation;
* Bronson Nutritionals;
* Buried Treasure, a division of Life Line Food Inc.;
* Clinician?s Choice;
* D&E Pharmaceuticals;
* Davinci Laboratories of Vermont;
* Delaware Natrol;
* Designs For Health;
* Douglas Laboratories;
* Dynamic Health Laboratories;
* Enzymatic Therapy;
* Esteem Products;
* Fairhaven Health;
* Foodscience Corporation;
* Foodscience of Vermont;
* Genspec Labs;
* Health Authority Dba Doctor?s Trust Vitamins;
* Hxn Corporation Dba Health Xpress;
* Integrative Therapeutics;
* Irwin Naturals;
* J.R. Carlson Laboratories;
* Kordial Nutrients;
* Maximum International;
* Metabolic Maintenance Products;
* Mountain Naturals of Vermont;
* Natural Organics;
* Nature?s Secret;
* Nature?s Way Products;
* New Chapter;
* Nexgen Pharma;
* Nf Formulas;
* Now Foods;
* Nutritional Specialties;
* Olympian Labs;
* Only Natural;
* Optimal Nutrients, USA, a division of Pegasus Plus;
* Pioneer Nutritional Formulas;
* Pure Essence Laboratories;
* Rainbow Light Nutritional Systems;
* Spring Valley Herbs & Natural Foods;
* Supernutrition Life-extension Research;
* The Daily Wellness Company;
* The Vitamin Shoppe Industries;
* Threshold Enterprises, the Parent Company Of Source Naturals;
* True Fit Vitamins;
* Universal Nutrition;
* Wyeth Laboratories.
- 07-04-2009, 04:57 AM
07-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Well sh*t, I sell most of those brands at work.
"I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
07-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Can anyone find the new data, all Ive got is last years http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/...in-supplements
07-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Universal is on there???
Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
07-04-2009, 02:43 PM
hmm... muscle tech is not on the list?
if i'm not mistaken they make some vitamins and maybe they sponsored this!!
07-04-2009, 02:44 PM
07-04-2009, 03:43 PM
07-04-2009, 07:17 PM
07-04-2009, 07:25 PM
07-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Come on already.
Well, Guess I'm off to get a carton of smokes, keg of beer, 20-1/4 pounders with extra cheese and bacon.
And might even hit a methadone clinic on the way home.
Give me a break already!
07-06-2009, 02:34 PM
07-06-2009, 03:53 PM
07-12-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm only familiar with a few of the companies and currently use some of their products... ugh, I too wonder if this is in California only.
07-12-2009, 08:01 AM
07-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Probably has to do with various forms of calcium supplement like calcium carbonate which often has detectable levels of lead.
07-12-2009, 03:39 PM
07-13-2009, 12:31 PM
07-13-2009, 01:15 PM
07-13-2009, 01:36 PM
07-13-2009, 05:07 PM
i remember when i was a manager at the vitamin shoppe that all of the store brand stuff was made by the companies we carried and some of those companies are on that list so that makes sense...what sucks is that some of those companies claimed to be great at quality control and only contain the best ingredients....which i guess one of those is lead
07-13-2009, 05:20 PM
07-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Hmmm. I googled "74 Supplement Companies Under Attack" and didn't find one actual article. All I found was a bunch of other forums where aparently the same person posted this same "Article" with some addtional information and also places where some information was left out. If anyone can find a link to the ACUTAL SOURCE of this "article" it would be greatly appreciated. As far as I'm concernd, I will not stop taking my NOW multi vitamin and believe NOW is one of the best Supplement companies in existance as has been around for ages....
07-13-2009, 09:19 PM
07-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Fearless858 in forum General ChatReplies: 30Last Post: 12-19-2006, 10:19 AM
- By Sir Foxx in forum SupplementsReplies: 32Last Post: 02-13-2006, 10:17 AM
- By TheTom in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 06-09-2005, 02:50 AM
- By Iron Warrior in forum SupplementsReplies: 10Last Post: 06-08-2004, 11:14 PM
- By C-bizzle in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 02-24-2003, 07:33 AM