L-Dopa or Levadopa appears to be the real deal

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So yesterday was my first day of taking levadopa or l-dopa. The brand that I am using is 100% straight l-dopa. I took it with EGCG caps from NOW and also a B-complex from NOW.

The main thing I noticed which could be placebo for all that I know at this point but highly doubt, was that all day i was a little sharper and quicker witted. I am the newest guy at a job and I usually get ****ed with, nothing crazy but just new guy kind of stuff. It seemed to just roll of my back and I was able to quip my way out of getting messed with and by the middle of the day I was not getting messed with but I was being asked for my opinion on different subjects and things like that.

Also my workout seemed to not stress me out at all. I did legs and by the time it was supposed to leave I felt like I was mentally fresh. My legs were dead but I wanted to do more. I tried to do more but I couldn't.

I then had a little trouble sleeping. I woke up numerous times throughout the night. Which from what I understand is the exact opposite of what is normal.

I just thought that I would share my experience because this is the first non fatburner type product that I actually felt. I was impressed and I will post again if these effects continue.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good call on the B-Complex administration. The cofactor for DDC [dopa decarboxylase] is B6, and therefore proper dopamine metabolism - i.e.) in the tissues you want, is dependent upon an environment rich in B6.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP, what's your dosage with the l-dopa?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good call on the B-Complex administration. The cofactor for DDC [dopa decarboxylase] is B6, and therefore proper dopamine metabolism - i.e.) in the tissues you want, is dependent upon an environment rich in B6.
exactly

xxxpain

Awards
What is the reason to take EGCG with l-dopa ?
may be EGCG can improve absorption or something else ?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the brand I got was unique nutrition or cognitive nutrition. I can't remember. I got it at bb.com.

The reason for the EGCG is to improve the effects yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-DOPA

I believe that NOW also has a pretty good product that has a hefty doasge of l-dopa.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I took my l-dopa along with the B-Complex and EGCG today and it made me kind of queezy. I think that is of the side effects if taken on an empty stomach. A got some pretty bad sleep last night. It seemed like I woke up very often. I read today that fragmented sleep can be a side effect I cant really say too accurately how the l-dopa is effecting me today because any noticeable effect is being overshadowed by sleepiness. Hopefully I can get better sleep tonight.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
The main thing I noticed which could be placebo for all that I know at this point but highly doubt, was that all day i was a little sharper and quicker witted. I am the newest guy at a job and I usually get ****ed with, nothing crazy but just new guy kind of stuff. It seemed to just roll of my back and I was able to quip my way out of getting messed with and by the middle of the day I was not getting messed with but I was being asked for my opinion on different subjects and things like that.
What do you mean? They give you wedgies and stuff? :lol:

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks. Keep this thread rolling, I want to hear about your progress.
well last night I had another weird night of sleep. I just wake up so often. I don't really feel tired today though. I took all 500 mgs of the l-dopa early in the day yesterday and I didnt really feel it too much honestly as I said before because I was so tired. However around 4 in the afternoon I started zingin. I am not sure what happened but it was like someone just hit the nitris. I could feel the poor nights sleep coming on.

So today even though I got ****ty sleep I am not really tired. I still feel like I have some dopa in me. I think I will try only 250 mgs today to try to get better sleep tonight.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well i took one day off from the l-dopa because i think it was keeping me up at night. So last night I decided to take it before I went to bed along with some melatonin. I slepted pretty well even though I do remember waking up a few times. I did have a pretty cool dream and I had a pretty cool dream the night before as well. Usually when I take melatonin I will wake up a little groggy. But that was no the case this morning. I woke up early and went to the gym and I realized that I didnt much enjoy being there that early. I think maybe I will workout in the evenings and then take my l-dopa right before I go to bed because it seems to make me tired immediately after I take it and then it kicks into an upper hours after I take it.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the minor hijack. I'm currently taking USPowders 1-C and was not aware of the B6 and EGCG. I have a bunch of P5P, can I use it instead of B6?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the minor hijack. I'm currently taking USPowders 1-C and was not aware of the B6 and EGCG. I have a bunch of P5P, can I use it instead of B6?
yes and that is probably even better.

So one thing that I have definetely noticed about levadopa is that it definetely works but I am have been having trouble harnassing it. But alas I think I have discovered the proper technique for me.

I have noticed that immediately after dosing 250 mgs, that I get tired for a short period of time. Maybe 1-2 hours. So what I did last night was take this with melatonin and I went to sleep around 8. I slept like a baby and did not wake up until 5 in the AM. I felt very fresh. I then took 250 mgs of levadopa along with the other stuff and a little bit of coffee to counter the initial sleepiness. I still got a little sleep at first but now I feel like a million bucks. I think this strategy is perfect. This is the best I have felt in a long damn time. I cant wait to get to the gym today.

one thing I noticed as far as a side effect is my chest fluttering. But that appears to have stopped. Everything is very smooth sailing right now. feeling great

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont understand how these l-dopa products are supposed to be taken preworkout and then again before you go to bed. That seems very contradictary.

cliffs:
250 mgs before bed for initial drowsiness effect
250 mgs upon wakeup with coffee to counter intial sleepiness.

Also this stuff lasts along time. The feeling lasts all day.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the brand I got was unique nutrition or cognitive nutrition. I can't remember. I got it at bb.com.

The reason for the EGCG is to improve the effects yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L-DOPA

I believe that NOW also has a pretty good product that has a hefty doasge of l-dopa.
i took a look at the cognitive nutrition brand and the now brand, for what you get the now brand seems a much better deal. there is a decent difference in price, with the now brand being considerably cheaper. i wonder what kind of difference in results?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can not comment on the difference in effectiveness because I have not tried both. But I truly trust NOW Foods and believe they are one of the good guys in the supplement industry. Nothing is really cutting edge and nothing is really hyped, but they have good basic sups. You cant go wrong with them.

As for my levadopa cycle. I feel absolutely great on this stuff now that I have figured out my dosage scheme. Honestly though I just dont understand how this could pack on any significant amount of muscle. According to what I have read, it boosts HGH for a couple hours after intake but I believe it is only around 200-250%. I dont see how a couple hours of higher HGH levels would yield significant gains. Or maybe I am wrong if someone could explain it to me.

As far as HGH that is injected for bodybuilding reasons, does anyone know how much that increases HGH and for how long? I just want to get a handle on what I should expect from this levadopa.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The timing of an HGH boost is everything given that most boosters or even injectible HGH have a short half life. Even with that short HL, HGH is incredibly potent and a boost timed around a workout or shortly after can have significant effects on recovery, lbm gain and about a million other favorable parameters.

You've pretty well pegged the same L-dopa protocol that I use. I go with 3 IGF-2 caps, stacked with melatonin at night and a green tea/resveratrol combo in the daytime.

Jotan

Jotan

Awards
Hey,

I was about to order some igf2 and got reading about l-dopa and ended up here!

Did you ever get any effects from hgh production?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
L-dopa is wonderful before tolerance kicks in. The only sleep aid i've taken that doesn't make u feel groggy in the morning. I had great gains in the gym while taking it, I recovered very well..But because of tolerance most good things come to a end. Ever see the movie awakenings with robert deniro and robin williams?

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
NOW P5P is good, not bulk but still cheap and good.