ZMA with food.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
I know it says to take it on an empty stomach but I always forget.. Is it just to help you sleep the empty stomach thing or is it rendered ineffective with food.???????

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
I took 4 zmass(cytodyne) while on 1-test/4/ad.......had to. For me, I didn't sleep good while on PH's. I think they would probably be better absorbed on empty stomach. If you just got through eating, your digestive system would be busy digesting the food you just eat. I would give it 2 hours at least....if possible!

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
When I forget it is after my bedtime protien shake with milk and eggs. I always eat my shakes with milk. I guess I will have to remember... Crap.. Talk to ya

ChaseRoy

Awards
Curt

I run into that problem with the ZMA also. The best thing I have found (since I always have a can of tuna and a glass of milk before bed) is that i drink an 8oz glass of water at night. This makes me wake up 2-3 hours later. With my ZMA right by my bed i gulp it down. People try to tell me I should not interupt my sleep. HOG WASH!!! I am so dazed when I go to the bathroom, I hardly wake up. i am sure it does not affect the sleep patters too much, plush my stomach is empty then. It has been working great for me. Hope that helps.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
That is an awsome idea. I love it. i will try it tonight.. Talk to ya..:cool: :cool: :cool:

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Curt

I run into that problem with the ZMA also. The best thing I have found (since I always have a can of tuna and a glass of milk before bed) is that i drink an 8oz glass of water at night. This makes me wake up 2-3 hours later. With my ZMA right by my bed i gulp it down. People try to tell me I should not interupt my sleep. HOG WASH!!! I am so dazed when I go to the bathroom, I hardly wake up. i am sure it does not affect the sleep patters too much, plush my stomach is empty then. It has been working great for me. Hope that helps.

I've tried drinking water a before bed a few times...it never helps, for that to work for me I have to drink like 24 oz., cuz drinking 8 oz. just doesn't do it.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
for sure a good idea by chaseroy. I always get up like 3 hours into my sleep to piss, so my next post cycle, i will put that scheme in. Nice

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Nice to see ya sage...

kyser

Awards
When taking zma , I take it 20 to 30 min before my night time shake. After I'm done sipping my shake and a few big belches, I'm falling asleep in front of the tv.

ChaseRoy

Awards
if you have any calcium in your shake...which I am sure you do, I believe a lot of the magnesium is going toward calcium absoption and not being used for its anabolic purpose.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Hey kyser make sure to keep us posted on this forum of you r status.. Talkto ya.. Nice to see ya..

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
You can take the ZMA before calcium intake. Just give the zinc about 45 minutes to full absorb. So, 2 hours after calcium and 45 minutes before calcium, that is the window(approximately)

ChaseRoy

Awards
here's a question for you all....I am taking 30mg of Zinc and 500 mg of Magnesium at night on a n empty stomach. Any possibility that because I lift hard I could actually need more? i still have a few white spots in the finger nails (a sign of difficency on Zinc). i just don't want to over do it on either because there can be dangers in that. Zinc is a metal and has a toxicity, and magnesium, if taken too much can surpress the immune system. Thanks for our imput.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
i know you can OD on Zinc. i did it Friday by accident. i mixed some pills some time ago .. Panothenic acid and zinc without remembering. Both big white pills. Well i took 5 and man was i sick about 1hr later. Then at 3:00 after pucking all day. gone as quick as it came on... But 50mg zinc/day is optimum for men.. We need higher becasue it helps with testosterone building.. Talk to ya...

ChaseRoy

Awards
man that sucks. I take 30mg of Zinc at night...however, I know I get somem in my multiple and food as well. If I had to guess i would say i get at least 50mg a day. But I still have the white spots in my nails. So do I take more? Perhaps I should get my doc. to test my blood. But I was just wondering if anyone else has thought they were not getting enough. As far as getting sick Curt, I used to take 50mg a night on an empty stomach...BIG MISTAKE!!! I have learned that withut food in the stomach your body can only handle so much Zinc. So I had to bump it down to 30mg. How did waking up at night to take your ZMA work for you?

Big Masa

Awards
I take my ZMA with some glutamine upon rising. 30~45 minutes later, I eat a big breakfast to fuel myself for a morning workout.

IMO, taking ZMA in the morning helps me raise testosterone level. I hope it provides enough zinc for my system to convert PHs into target steroids.

I wonder if it is a bad idea to take ZMA at other time than a bed time. It is possible that the relaxing effect of ZMA hinders my intensity, but I never had a problem. Upon rising, my stomach is empty, so I can expect the maximal absrption, which of course is good.

BTW, I have been on a homebrew 1-test & 4AD for 2 weeks, and I am so pleased with the gain I have been seeing. I have 2 more weeks to go, and 2 more 4-week cycles to go. Thank you again for great information. This website rules!!