no good inexpenive proteins!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    FitModel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    864
    Rep Power
    16046
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    27.35%

    no good inexpenive proteins!


    Nector which was my favorite isolate usto be like 23$ now it's 29$ !!!

    so I might just have to start buying Muscle Milk, since it's pretty inexpensive...

    what's everyones take on MM, the high fat doesn't really bother me, but i'm more concerned with the quality of the protein...

  2. Board Sponsor
    GoHardOrGoHme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,476
    Rep Power
    327203
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    22.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ********sells 2lbs for 25 bucks...im now addicted to nectar

    MM is like candy IMO....It's a treat when i have it, but i shouldnt treat myself too often
  3. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,714
    Rep Power
    513546
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    89.71%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Price-wise, I like True Protein's Gemma isolate..aka pea protein..though I prefer the taste of MM.
    •   
       

  4. steveironman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    84.56%

    What do you mean by "good" . It sounds like you mean isolate ..based on your nectar preference. In all honesty you could use a whey concentrate and not notice 1 bit of difference in gains , recovery , etc. The bioavailibilty difference , when translated into real world results...is essentially meaningless IMO.
    Then again maybe u mean taste ..since nectar is very good tasting..im not sure exactly what u mean.
  5. keeper
    Guest
    keeper's Avatar

    I like the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein. 52g, 7 g's BCAA's, chrystaline taurine, glutamine, lean mass activators. $15 for 2 lbs. I've been using it since Feb. Any neg input on this product?
  6. Advanced Member
    Mikey851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    366
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    68.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by keeper View Post
    I like the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein. 52g, 7 g's BCAA's, chrystaline taurine, glutamine, lean mass activators. $15 for 2 lbs. I've been using it since Feb. Any neg input on this product?
    I've used it before too and I like it. They just don't make it very obvious that there is creatine in it; you have to read the fine print. I like that there is creatine in it, but I didn't know it at first and was taking more creatine than I wanted to to.
  7. keeper
    Guest
    keeper's Avatar

    Ohhh, BIG thanks. I've been adding a gram of Kre-Alkaline to my shake. I suppose I need to amend that.
  8. Advanced Member
    Mikey851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    366
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    68.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by keeper View Post
    Ohhh, BIG thanks. I've been adding a gram of Kre-Alkaline to my shake. I suppose I need to amend that.
    No problem. I have looked into it and I believe it contains 5 grams of creatine monohydrate per scoop.
  9. Professional Member
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23620
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    37.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    mikey, by scoop do u mean literal scoop or per serving? i usually take 2 scoops a day, if thats 10g thats a lot of creatine.

    since being broke i started getting this from walmart, it tastes good and has a pretty good formula, i like it.
  10. Advanced Member
    Mikey851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    366
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    68.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    mikey, by scoop do u mean literal scoop or per serving? i usually take 2 scoops a day, if thats 10g thats a lot of creatine.

    since being broke i started getting this from walmart, it tastes good and has a pretty good formula, i like it.
    I have found different answers on this. People have contacted Body Fortress and at first they said they couldn't say as it was a proprietary blend, but after enough people asked they said there is 5-6 grams of creatine per serving but they would not give any further detail. So I have never been able to find if that's per scoop or per two scoops. I just eventually decided that even if it was 10 grams per 2 scoop serving that's not too bad as long as you drink enough water.

    Search it in google and see if you can find any better info.
  11. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4888
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    49.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by keeper View Post
    I like the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein. 52g, 7 g's BCAA's, chrystaline taurine, glutamine, lean mass activators. $15 for 2 lbs. I've been using it since Feb. Any neg input on this product?
    This is what I use as well it's $13 and change at Walmart near where I live it. It tastes good and they just came out with a couple new flavors not to long ago which is nice for variety,they used to make just choc and van.
  12. keeper
    Guest
    keeper's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS View Post
    This is what I use as well it's $13 and change at Walmart near where I live it. It tastes good and they just came out with a couple new flavors not to long ago which is nice for variety,they used to make just choc and van.
    Right, the choc chip cookie flavor is good. But I love adding a banana, crushed ice, and a little Splenda to the vanilla, then blend it very smooth. (mmm... licking lips)
  13. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37733
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Price-wise, I like True Protein's Gemma isolate..aka pea protein..though I prefer the taste of MM.
    It tastes OK? How does it compare to ATW?
  14. Senior Member
    jsp0785's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    974
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    44.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by FitModel View Post
    Nector which was my favorite isolate usto be like 23$ now it's 29$ !!!

    so I might just have to start buying Muscle Milk, since it's pretty inexpensive...

    what's everyones take on MM, the high fat doesn't really bother me, but i'm more concerned with the quality of the protein...
    how is muscle milk inexpensive. it's a meal replacement basically not a protein powder and there's only like 13 servings in a container
  15. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4888
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    49.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by keeper View Post
    Right, the choc chip cookie flavor is good. But I love adding a banana, crushed ice, and a little Splenda to the vanilla, then blend it very smooth. (mmm... licking lips)
    2 scoops of vanilla, cup of calorie countdown or skim milk, handful of fresh blueberries, splash of blueberry sugar free Davinci syrup and a few ice cubes. I can drink that all day.
  16. keeper
    Guest
    keeper's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUTS View Post
    2 scoops of vanilla, cup of calorie countdown or skim milk, handful of fresh blueberries, splash of blueberry sugar free Davinci syrup and a few ice cubes. I can drink that all day.
    Gonna try it, Buck. Sounds down right gourmet.
  17. Board Supporter
    BUCKNUTS's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    4888
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    49.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by keeper View Post
    Gonna try it, Buck. Sounds down right gourmet.
    It is. If you like pumpkin (I love it) try this-4 ounces canned pumpkin
    1 1/2 cups skim milk, 1 scoop of vanilla whey, 2 tablespoons of Splenda or sugar if you must, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon vanilla, handful of ice. Combine all ingredients in a blender and give it a whirl. Phenomenal! This makes 2 servings.
    Last edited by BUCKNUTS; 06-28-2009 at 09:43 PM.
  18. keeper
    Guest
    keeper's Avatar

    OMGosh, I love pumpkin. Can't wait to give this a try!
  19. New Member
    slackadjuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    46.34%

    I have been using EAS from my local club store.

    $30 for 5lbs.
  20. Advanced Member
    BabyHulk's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    859
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    9.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by slackadjuster View Post
    I have been using EAS from my local club store.

    $30 for 5lbs.
    Been using that stuff since day 1. Kinda hard to beat. Especially when there is no shipping since I leave near a Sams Club. I try to pick up some anytime Im there.
  21. New Member
    slackadjuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    100
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    46.34%

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyHulk View Post
    Been using that stuff since day 1. Kinda hard to beat. Especially when there is no shipping since I leave near a Sams Club. I try to pick up some anytime Im there.
    I mix it up "Sludge" style. PB and blueberries. Tastes pretty good that way. I can't vouch for how it tastes otherwise....wouldn't know. Can't beat the price though.
  22. Senior Member
    learn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,848
    Rep Power
    41292
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    80.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Price-wise, I like True Protein's Gemma isolate..aka pea protein..though I prefer the taste of MM.

    Axis labs Clutch is a great protein I like the cookies and cream


    Also like to say

    I am a big fan of TrueProtein and if you buy bulk you can save


    LRN483 5% off
    Team Orbit
  23. New Member
    Punisher63e's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    110
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    52.35%

    Quote Originally Posted by keeper View Post
    Ohhh, BIG thanks. I've been adding a gram of Kre-Alkaline to my shake. I suppose I need to amend that.
    No worries... Kre-Alkaline and the Monohydrate that is in the protein shake are two diff things. Monohydrate isn't absorbed nearly as well as Kre-Alkaline *Or so they say*

    Personally, I was taking Kre-Alkaline for a while and really saw no benefits from it. I even started taking huge doses of it.. like 7G at once and saw/felt no difference lol.

    I should mention ON Whey (Optimum Nutrition). It's good stuff at a good price. Google it. You get around 70 servings for about 40 dollars depending where you buy it. 25G per serving (1 scoop... no huge amounts of drinking to do) and lots of other stuff, plus very low in sugar and no creatine.
  24. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2370
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    man, i don't know why nobody suggested scivations whey protein. tastes good, mixes well, and 10lbs for $60.00, hell you can't go wrong.
  25. keeper
    Guest
    keeper's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    man, i don't know why nobody suggested scivations whey protein. tastes good, mixes well, and 10lbs for $60.00, hell you can't go wrong.
    That ^ is a good buy. Tell us about the contents, please.
  26. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2370
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by keeper View Post
    That ^ is a good buy. Tell us about the contents, please.
    cals:108 fat:2g. sat. fat:1g. carbs:1g protein 22g.
  27. New Member
    r6lift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    726
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    94.28%

    Anybody had any experience with Dymatize high protein mega gainer?
  28. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    dg806's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,346
    Rep Power
    1322
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    42.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    All The Whey 5 lbs
    Concentrate for $29.99
    Isolate For 38.95
    Choc Peanut Butter Cup, Cinnamon Bun or Cup cake batter is delish.
    Fast shipping and low price..................From Nutraplanet!!!
  29. New Member
    power675's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    70
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    38.33%

    Try Optimum's Chocolate, I think it tastes pretty good. You can buy it in 10 lb bags for a bulk price.
  30. New Member
    Punisher63e's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    110
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    52.35%

    Quote Originally Posted by power675 View Post
    Try Optimum's Chocolate, I think it tastes pretty good. You can buy it in 10 lb bags for a bulk price.
    That is what I'm trying to tell these people... and you get a LOT of servings out the Optimum Whey... Like I said, the 5Lb container you get 70 servings for around 40 dollars. BCAA's and barely any sugar and the taste isn't ****e. It's good stuff.
  31. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,522
    Rep Power
    41252
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher63e View Post
    That is what I'm trying to tell these people... and you get a LOT of servings out the Optimum Whey... Like I said, the 5Lb container you get 70 servings for around 40 dollars. BCAA's and barely any sugar and the taste isn't ****e. It's good stuff.
    $27 for the ATW WPC with the July 4th sale; and the Choc PB Cup and Cinnamon Bun are great.
  32. Banned
    H8duke's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

    Quote Originally Posted by keeper View Post
    Right, the choc chip cookie flavor is good. But I love adding a banana, crushed ice, and a little Splenda to the vanilla, then blend it very smooth. (mmm... licking lips)
    Keeper,

    There are many different trains of thoughts on splenda.
    Studies have shown it NOT to be good for you.FWIW.Google it,and formulate your own opinion.
    I use Stevia extract.It can be found at Whole Foods if you have them in your neck of the woods,or I would venture to say any organic/health food store.
  33. Banned
    H8duke's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

    Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    man, i don't know why nobody suggested scivations whey protein. tastes good, mixes well, and 10lbs for $60.00, hell you can't go wrong.
    I use this also.Great taste&blend! Fantastic amino profile.

    Got it on sale 52.99 for 10lb.

    Unfortunately they are out of stock at the moment.It stands to reason why!

    PM me for the source if you like.
  34. Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,399
    Rep Power
    1377024
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    24.62%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    xf whey 10lb is cheap and of the utmost quality (and they always have great tasting protein in addition to being a 100% US sourced company)
  35. New Member
    grega60438's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    3019
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    93.87%

    Although there may be cheaper non-isolate whey, if you want the isolate whey, the cheapest I have been able to find is Muscle Gauge Nutrition (MGN)
    2 lbs for $17.99
    25 lbs for $124.99
    If you know of isolate cheaper than that, please let me know.


    Peace!
    Greg
    grega60438 (Not a rep)
  36. New Member
    NovaZ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  275 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    88
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    60.66%

    Quote Originally Posted by grega60438 View Post
    Although there may be cheaper non-isolate whey, if you want the isolate whey, the cheapest I have been able to find is Muscle Gauge Nutrition (MGN)
    2 lbs for $17.99
    25 lbs for $124.99
    If you know of isolate cheaper than that, please let me know.


    Peace!
    Greg
    grega60438 (Not a rep)
    Be sure to read ingredients on a lot of the lesser known supplement companies protein powders. When a supposed Isolate protein's ingredient profile is something like "Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, etc etc", you arent getting pure isolate, hell you arent even getting more isolate than concentrate.

    At TrueProtein you can get Whey Protein Isolate Cold Filtration for $7.89 a pound before discounts. Thats already better than your two pound example up there, and its guaranteed 100% Whey Protein Isolate, and no concentrate.

    DLJ115 at checkout for 5% off at True Protein.
  37. Advanced Member
    MrBrightside's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    23
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    527
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    51.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    All The Whey 5 lbs
    Concentrate for $29.99
    Isolate For 38.95
    Choc Peanut Butter Cup, Cinnamon Bun or Cup cake batter is delish.
    Fast shipping and low price..................From Nutraplanet!!!




    Enough said.
  38. Elite Member
    borobulker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,564
    Rep Power
    932799
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    84.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    All The Whey... Very cheap on NP right now with the Independence day sale going on...
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  39. New Member
    dropshot001's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    121
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    96.64%

    go with tp's protein. the recession whey gives a great deal
  40. Senior Member
    bikeswimlive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,210
    Rep Power
    872
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    91.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I have been using Gold Standard Whey Isolate for a few weeks now. The guy at the front desk of my local nutrition store pushed it. Anyone have any success with it? It was like 38 bucks for 4lbs. Tastes like watered down Nesquick. Nothing special, but definitely not bad at all.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. proteins
    By bbphato in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 04:58 PM
  2. Soy Proteins??
    By ZoomZoom88 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 03:41 PM
  3. Recommend Proteins
    By Grong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 06:07 PM
  4. Different proteins?
    By massarmor in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-18-2006, 10:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in