How much leucine should I take?

hl80

Awards
I train for 2-3 hours twice a week, lots of explosive strength + cardio outside--basically I sweat buckets and push myself VERY hard. It's for parkour, which is like urban rock climbing and gymnastics.

How much leucine pre, intra and post would you recommend? My goal is to basically maintain my size, which is 5'10" 165 10% body fat, though I wouldn't mind shedding a few lbs of fat and/or gaining a few in muscle.

Thanks for any tips.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3-5g. If using the bulk powder, mix if with something with a stronger flavor.

hl80

Awards
3-5g. If using the bulk powder, mix if with something with a stronger flavor.
Wow, I may have been overdoing it then, though I was having good workouts. I wonder what happens when you take too much leucine?

I've been taking one scoop Omega ONE (5g leucine) pre, intra + IntraBolic (also 5g), and post (with 1 scoop whey, which prob has around 3g), for a total of ~23g leucine over 4 hours.

I shortened my training by about an hour yesterday so I drank my intra drink quicker and got a stomach ache, so I was wondering if maybe it was the leucine.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, I may have been overdoing it then, though I was having good workouts. I wonder what happens when you take too much leucine?

I've been taking one scoop Omega ONE (5g leucine) pre, intra + IntraBolic (also 5g), and post (with 1 scoop whey, which prob has around 3g), for a total of ~23g leucine over 4 hours.

I shortened my training by about an hour yesterday so I drank my intra drink quicker and got a stomach ache, so I was wondering if maybe it was the leucine.
Leucine shouldn't irritate the stomach. You likely got the stomach ache from consuming your drink too fast.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
Supplements 43
Supplements 30
zwa004 Supplements 22
joebo Supplements 2