animal pak or other??

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
just wondering the general opinion of the bodybuilding community here.....

Do you think animal paks are the best multi out there? Also if so, is it worth the extra money you'll be spending to get animal paks, or can you slide with something like optimum multi-men or AST 32x and see basically the exact same results??

IMO the animal pack's are worth the extra money for all the extra aminos, EFAs, antioxidants and so on so forth, what do you think?

ecupirate

Awards
If you got the money, sure, ive used it before but decided to use a multi from the grocery store.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I like the animal pak. I like their approach of doing more than just providing a little bit of something just to say it's in there. 1 pak = 1g calcium. Find another multi-vitamin that has a high dose calcium like that. The same goes with many of the other ingredients in the pak. 44 paks for about 30 dollars.

According to the Universal Reps, most folk only need to take 1 pak a day so about 30 dollars will be a month and a half of multi-vitamins.

I also like MVP/ZMK from Millennium Sports.

I'm currently taking Opti-Men from ON just for a chance of pace.

The Pak
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/universal-nutrition/animal-pak-44-packs.html

MVP/ZMK
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/millennium-sport-technologies/mvp-zmk-stack.html

Opti-Men
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/optimum-nutrition/opti-men-180-tabs.html

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Orange triad

softballmashe

Awards
Have done them

Took 3 cans, nothing special. I agree with the post above, Multi from Grocery store along with fish oil. You'll been fine and have some money in your pocket.

pfafkl13

Awards
Orange Triad is a multi with joint and digestion which may be a good option for you. It says take 6 per day but I personally use 3-4 and it works just fine and lasts even longer.

If you just need the essentials then a cheap multi might be better.

NOW - Adam is another one that's pretty good all around and is pretty cheap.

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
Im not a huge fan of MHP product lines, but i did like ther Activate-multi's

Dracoy

Dracoy

Controlled Labs Representative
Awards
  • Established
Orange triad
Orange Triad for sure
Orange Triad is a multi with joint and digestion which may be a good option for you. It says take 6 per day but I personally use 3-4 and it works just fine and lasts even longer.

If you just need the essentials then a cheap multi might be better.

NOW - Adam is another one that's pretty good all around and is pretty cheap.
OT really is a solid choice not because of the joint/digestive/immunity complex but the QUALITY of the vitamins and minerals inside. Just look at the label.

INSAYNE RAGE

INSAYNE RAGE

Awards
Im all Animal Pak just bc of of the HUGE variety of vitamins minerals calcium(which ya need) dig enzymes, Co enzymes, etc. but only on workoutdays bc it gets costly after a while...I do Opti on days off just bc I dont think i need such high doses on off days..

Havnt tried Orange Triad yet but if it has high quality vitamins like yall say then maybe ill givem a try next.

Dracoy

Dracoy

Controlled Labs Representative
Awards
  • Established
That's right, we just updated Orange TRIad to be even better and more bio available based on feedback from our customers. We always do our best to address customer needs and this update is no exception. (bb.com and other retailers will have the stock in their warehouses within the next 1-3 days)

Best of all, we are NOT increasing the price to our customers, even though these changes did decrease our profits!

Here is the new supplement facts box:

As you can see we have made the following changes:

* made the carotenes mixed (instead of just beta)
* increased vitamin c from 350mg to 500mg
* increased vitamin D from 400IU to 1000IU
* changed the form of vitamin D to Cholecalciferol
* changed the vitamin E sources to fully mixed, instead of just alpha
* Increased Niacin from 50mg to 100mg
* changed the form of niacin from niacinamide to inositol hexanicotinate
* doubled the vitamin B12 to 500mcg from 250mcg
* changed the form of vitamin B12 to Methylcobalamin
* decreased the calcium from 400mg to 250mg
* changed many of the forms of the minerals to chelates (or citrates in some cases)
* added bromelain for joint and digestion benefits

H8duke

H8duke

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Adam Multi from Now Foods.Great price,Reputable company.

I did Animal Pak once,but at 2 packs a day,it gets mighty expensive quickly.
Not to mention having to choke down all them pills.

I take 1 Adam Multi in the morning.1 in the evening.Done with it.

True74Seneca

Orange TRIad is my all-time favorite due to the joint complex. But overall its the best multi i have used.

davez325

davez325

Awards
I take Animal Paks and ZMK on workout days, and Adams and Dymatize's Z-Force on non-workout days. The Animal Paks definitely add a little extra something to my workouts.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Animal Pak has been a staple in many a lifter's supplement arsenal for years. It's more than a regular multi. It's a training pack that has a lot of extras.

ddb08001

ddb08001

Awards
go with the pak, has everything your going to need to be healthy and fit

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
animal pak is awesome. i been using it for years. the new formula has an ingredient that i am allergic to so i cannot use it.

I have a Big 88s tin here if you want it. I will trade you or sell it to you cheap. I cant use it unless i wanna have an anaphylactic reation. Brand new, sealed tin 88 paks!

let me know. great product been around forever.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
just wondering the general opinion of the bodybuilding community here.....

Do you think animal paks are the best multi out there? Also if so, is it worth the extra money you'll be spending to get animal paks, or can you slide with something like optimum multi-men or AST 32x and see basically the exact same results??

IMO the animal pack's are worth the extra money for all the extra aminos, EFAs, antioxidants and so on so forth, what do you think?
Best? Only you can decide that for yourself though many who use it believe it...

Exact same results? Doubt it as none of those you mentioned have the exact same formulas.

Reason why Animal Pak has been #1 for 26 years... But don't ask me what that reason is, hahaha....

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Im all Animal Pak just bc of of the HUGE variety of vitamins minerals calcium(which ya need) dig enzymes,
Agreed. Pak has a real set of digestive enzymes. Multis don't often come with enzymes like found in the Pak...

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am a fan of the Pak myself and am currently taking it. Sometimes it is a bit tedious to get it down right after I get up in the morning but the ingredient profile is second to none, especially with the 3+ grams of liver that is in there. Plus, 44 paks is not a bad deal and if you really want to save some coin get the 88 pak can, that is 3 months worth of Paks (going to get this myself next time!).

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I am a fan of the Pak myself and am currently taking it. Sometimes it is a bit tedious to get it down right after I get up in the morning but the ingredient profile is second to none, especially with the 3+ grams of liver that is in there. Plus, 44 paks is not a bad deal and if you really want to save some coin get the 88 pak can, that is 3 months worth of Paks (going to get this myself next time!).
Tedious? Truth is, when I'm off it for short periods of time, I actually miss the 11 tabs.... Weird? I def miss the unique, er, smell.... Haha.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tedious? Truth is, when I'm off it for short periods of time, I actually miss the 11 tabs.... Weird? I def miss the unique, er, smell.... Haha.
It does have a unique smell and yes, it does kind make the morning complete when you open the pak and get a wiff of it!

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
It does have a unique smell and yes, it does kind make the morning complete when you open the pak and get a wiff of it!
Yeah, when you crack open a fresh can, the, uh, scent that wafts up... Well, you never forget it, haha.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Animal Pak is badass....but so is MVP/ZMK stack from MST. Either one you can't really go wrong. Like stated above...there is a reason why Pak has been among the top for years and years now. If the product wasn't top notch it would have eventually fallen off by now....but it hasn't.

BTW, there's about 1,567,890 threads about the "Best Multi". A simple search would have yielded you plenty of pertinent information.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Animal Pak is badass....but so is MVP/ZMK stack from MST. Either one you can't really go wrong. Like stated above...there is a reason why Pak has been among the top for years and years now. If the product wasn't top notch it would have eventually fallen off by now....but it hasn't.

BTW, there's about 1,567,890 threads about the "Best Multi". A simple search would have yielded you plenty of pertinent information.
Many "best of" threads everywhere. I've always wondered about threads like that cuz IMHO, there is no single "best" of anything. It's so subjective...