Supplements to slow down metabolism

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Is there such a thing? Ive tried searching the net and theres everything under the sun to increase metabolism but not a thing to slow it down, anyone got any ideas for this? im all up for industrial chemicals, crazy diets- the works, the amount im needing to eat right now is getting kinda insane, a supp to slow down metabolism would be invaluable. Anyone got any ideas?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are very calorie dense foods that you may be overlooking. What are your food staples?

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Drink a liter of Drano. That will slow your metabolism down significantly.

Is this even a serious post?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Drink a liter of Drano. That will slow your metabolism down significantly.

Is this even a serious post?
I think it is, and proper advice for some one willing to be risky is in need...to prevent them from being too risky.

I think B5150 has the point, honestly if you have a crazy metabolism let your diet get a lil dirty.

On a good meal side, Pasta has been my friend at putting on weight. I added 12lbs last month, spot its not about slowing down the metabolism. You may just be eating the wrong foods.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 table spoons of EVOO are 30g of healthy fat for 270 calories x 4 meals a day is an extra 1080 calories right there.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Nuts too...

But seriously... you have a gift. You don't want to slow down your metabolism.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
In general, your body tries to be as efficient as possible. The "metabolic boosters" block the normal pathways the body uses to try force the body to use a less efficient (and thus more calorie-consuming) means of completing a normal body process. Because the normal pathway is typically the most efficient one, there is little room to force the body to do things more efficiently (and thus less calorie-consuming) so that more of what you eat "sticks".

That being said - periodic consumption of alcohol forces the body to store more of its calories, but they are stored almost exclusively as fat so that the body has more..... sponge, if you will, to soak up the alcohol.

You can also play games with the thyroid to slow the metabolism but these come with consequences that may not be worth the risk. You can take meds for hyperthyroidism (radioactive iodine, methimazole / tapazole, or propylthiouracil / propyl-thyracul) and you will gain weight quick. However, you'll probably also feel very fatigued, weak, cold - your muscles will cramp, you could feel depressed, irritable and lose your libido. In general I'd say you should stick to controlling it with diet but if you are really concerned that your not gaining maybe get your thyroid checked - you could legitimately have hyperthyroidism.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 table spoons of peanut butter are 190 calories 4 times a day are another 760 calories...but who can stop at two table spoons.

So far that is nearly 1840 calories in 16 table spoons.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1 whole egg has 80 calories times 6 is 480 calories.

We're up to 2320 with very little effort at all.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
yes it is sadly a very serious post, b5150 my staples include about 2 litres of whole fat milk a day- a 12 ounce stake with boiled potatoes on workout days and a ridicoulous post workout shake....Im grateful for your advice bro but honestly I know how to diet- I can gain but the large amount of food needed is getting horribly expensive, I was just interested in whether I could possibly slow things down a bit :)

Random181

Awards
  • Established
2 table spoons of EVOO are 30g of healthy fat for 270 calories x 4 meals a day is an extra 1080 calories right there.
Yep! 4tbsp of olive oil is added to each of my first 3 meals to make an easy 1458 kals :)

Random181

Awards
  • Established
You can also play games with the thyroid to slow the metabolism but these come with consequences that may not be worth the risk. You can take meds for hyperthyroidism (radioactive iodine, methimazole / tapazole, or propylthiouracil / propyl-thyracul) and you will gain weight quick. However, you'll probably also feel very fatigued, weak, cold - your muscles will cramp, you could feel depressed, irritable and lose your libido. In general I'd say you should stick to controlling it with diet but if you are really concerned that your not gaining maybe get your thyroid checked - you could legitimately have hyperthyroidism.
Ive had it checked,my "T4" and "T3" sit at the top 90% of the range- however they do not fall outside it to be treated.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes it is sadly a very serious post, b5150 my staples include about 2 litres of whole fat milk a day- a 12 ounce stake with boiled potatoes on workout days and a ridicoulous post workout shake....Im grateful for your advice bro but honestly I know how to diet- I can gain but the large amount of food needed is getting horribly expensive, I was just interested in whether I could possibly slow things down a bit :)
What is your weight and what is your daily caloric intake?

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Okay guys im not meaning to be rude or sound cocky hear but I know how to diet and how to get the calories in- Im just interested if theres a way to slow things down and not need so much food to gain.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
163lbs- currently eating 5k a day, just bumped up from 4.5k i still appear to be losing fat though even at 5k- this is getting kinda ridicoulous-hence my interest in was to slow down metabolic rate.....honestly bro im not meaning to be rude here but I now to eat and how to gain (I am gaining...) im just wondering if there is a way to not have to eat so dam much, im spending my entire day feeling sick from eating so dam much. Thankyou for the advice though my respect to you for it :)

edit: just for reference that 163lbs is a not at all muscular one, a lot of my weight is my frame, im short but with a very heavy bone structure.

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
163lbs- currently eating 5k a day, just bumped up from 4.5k i still appear to be losing fat though even at 5k- this is getting kinda ridicoulous-hence my interest in was to slow down metabolic rate.....honestly bro im not meaning to be rude here but I now to eat and how to gain (I am gaining...) im just wondering if there is a way to not have to eat so dam much, im spending my entire day feeling sick from eating so dam much. Thankyou for the advice though my respect to you for it :)
In order to eat less, you have to eat more nutrient dense food. IF you can get them; free range chicken eggs, raw milk and grass-fed beef are great foods. Most store bought food is crap. Plain and simple.

Also, you may need digestive enzymes and/or betaine hcl to help metabolize your food.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I mean no disrespect but I would love to see you give a detailed account for 5000 calories. You would not be the first guy to profess he had his diet nailed down tight and be way off. Just saying...

Random181

Awards
  • Established
I mean no disrespect but I would love to see you give a detailed account for 5000 calories. You would not be the first guy to profess he had his diet nailed down tight and be way off. Just saying...
I entirely and completely understand what you are saying :), right now I am working on a chemistry essay- hopefully later I will get that diet posted up:) I understand what you mean entirely- this forum gets way way to many kids coming on wanting to use prohormones when they infact dont have a clue how to eat.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
I've read that 3 LARGE meals as opposed to 5 regular/small meals throughout the day (Which is what BB reccomends to keep your metabolism going) could help slow down a metabolism..

jim623

I'm 165 and there is no way that I can scarf down 5000 clean cals. without looking like a braindead beer drinking nascar fan. No offense to the nascar fans!

demetre

Awards
just do what most americans do eat sugar and buffets and only eat 2 times a day lots of tv and movies help as well

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should try USPlabs Anabolic-Pump... The increase in nutrient uptake has done wonders for individuals suffering from Ectomorphism...