Requesting supp advice for body that stores fat like a woman

ich1ban

ich1ban

Awards
Guys,

Sorry about that wierd title, i could not think of something closer.

Well i've been working out (on and off) for the past 2 years, i'm a 5'9" 229lb 22yr old guy, i push weights then do tennis for cardio. I've been loosing weight (water/fat) in small amounts but consistently. I avoid high sugars and high carbs in my meals.

However i think that my hormones may be crappy, it's like my body loves to store fat in my hips, thighs, chest and butt area. I don't do steriods and just stick to protein, creatine and the occational stims.

I plan to get my blood work done this weekend but as far as supps for guys with high estrogen/cortisol, what would you recommend? 6-oxo? alri restore? a test booster?

Thanks

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
What is your diet like? Post up what you normally eat on a regular basis, not what sounds "right". Also what is your workout? How much tennis? I can swing a racket and chase a ball for a while, but I wouldn't call it a good workout for me. (I suck at tennis BTW, is why I don't like it very much.) Not saying tennis isn't good, but if you aren't having a competitive match a couple times a week, you might get better results doing something else.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Yep need to look at the diet: GI score, fat + protein content as well as number of meals per day. Carb/protein ratio IMO is really important too.

Just shifting the diet will shift the calories BTW if thats all you are interested in. Personally I think its a boring goal.

Cheap answer is go use a fat-burner, they work well. Slim Xtreme would help - although I think its great for day long concerntration. To be honest thats the answer I'll stick with, I'm not a nutrionalist - hiring a nutrionalist is really cool (which is what I do).

ich1ban

ich1ban

Awards
I don't follow a specific diet

but an example of a day for me would be..

Ham, tomatoes and egg omelett or hot cereal and milk for breakfast

Baked/roasted chicken for lunch (or w/e is similar for lunch at work)

grilled chicken /w asparagus for dinner

Workout:

Day 1 - Upper
Day 2 - Lower
Day 3 - Full / Back

Then i play tennis singles or doubles for about 3 hours, 3-4 times a week

I sweat so much, so im assuming too much water retention

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Cereal = oats . Nutrionalists dream.

There's nothing wrong with that diet. You are probably eating a fair bit of carbs because you'd loose weight and have ketosis like crazy on what you've described (there arn't enough grain based/ starch based carbs).

If you skew the protein / carb balance towards protein (keeping the vegetables and fruit) you will lose weight depending on the skew - but its not a good idea because it will stress your kidneys and give you bad breath.

This is really a supplement section so my answer would be Slim Xtreme from AX. It will supress your appetite heavily.

Green tea is a good fat burner and Hoodia is supposed to be excellent (I use a TD) BUT strictly speaking there ain't supposed to be any Hoodia for general consumption (legal stuff about drug development). Supplment companies all seem loaded with Hoodia - :dunno:

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
you said you don't follow a specific diet - do you mean you don't follow a diet with a name (such as a keto diet, or the atkins diet, etc.) or do you mean that you eat pretty much as much of whatever you can get but you try to make healthy choices? If it is the latter, try drawing out a diet plan and sticking to it. Not to say that you need to be inflexible but try counting calories if you aren't losing weight. You did say that you are consistently losing small amounts of fat though. Weight loss takes time bro - doesn't happen overnight.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Its a good point - I missed it.

If your going down a diet based path to loose weight - IMO unless your doing something crazy like Aitkins - hiring a nutritionalist is the only real way to get the disapline into it.

Basically I use to eat 'on the hop' but sitting down with someone and going through step by step what needs to be done and why is the sure fire way to do it. If someone then says to you 'eat this' (like your partner) you just say 'nutritionalist says no'.

jim623

Working out on and off doesn't help much either. Try staying on.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Cereal = oats . Nutrionalists dream.

There's nothing wrong with that diet. You are probably eating a fair bit of carbs because you'd loose weight and have ketosis like crazy on what you've described (there arn't enough grain based/ starch based carbs).

I disagree, it seems that you could change that up quite a bit and make some better progress.

First off, you eat only 3 meals. I know, plenty of people say you can have results on 3 meals, IF you are getting the appropriate calories. That IF is what a lot of people screw up. And depending on how much ham and eggs are in your omelette, and how much milk you drink, and how much chicken at other meals, would determine how many calories you are actually getting.
Also, are you preparing these meals, or eating out? You can control your portions and cals much better by preparing your own food.

As has been discussed a lot in other threads, too few calories + too much exercise doesn't equal fat loss. You get to a point of diminishing returns and your body adapts to stave off burning fat as a survival mode., therefore sabotaging your efforts to lose.

If you are training hard enough in the gym for lifting, and are expending as much during tennis as it seems you are, then lets tweek the diet a bit.

Water, drink lots of it. If you are sweating like a hog, you need to replace that water. Water helps flush your body out so keep it coming. I would recommend a sugar free sports drink for tennis or any other training where you sweat a ton. You need to replace the electrolytes you lose from sweating. I say saugarfree since you are trying to get rid of BF you have had trouble getting rid of. If you have the carb loaded kind, just account for the calories and carbs into your daily total.

You are currently 229. Do a search for a BMR calculator and dtermine what your BMR is. This will tell you approximately how many calories you need to consume to MAINTAIN your weight, meaning it will stay the same. As a rule, to burn 1 pound of fat, you need to burn 3500 cals a week (every 7 days). To burn 2 pounds, it is double. To start with 1 pound fat loss a week, take the amount of maintenance calories and subtract 500. This should be your calorie needs for the day to lose 1 pound per week. Do some homework, and figure out what these numbers are, or you will never learn how to effectively manipulate your bodyweight/body composition. So figure out what your calorie requirements are, maintenance amount, and 500 below that.

You need between 1-1.2g of protein per pound of bodyweight, between 230-290g of protein per day. You should try to eat 5-6 meals a day, with approximately equal amounts each meal. For 6 meals, that's between 38-48g per meal. At the very least, this is the most important.

A gram of carbs and a gram of protein each have 4 calories, and a gram of fat has 9 calories. So take your amount of protein and multiply by 4 to get the amount of cals from protein. As a generality, a ratio of 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20 % fat is a good basic model to follow. You are a biiger guy, so you might go with 50/30/20. Just make sure not to go much lower than about 20% from fat, since your body needs some fat to keep hormones from getting too outta whack.

Have your dense carbs early in the day, in meals up till about 3-4pm. Then after that, green veggies. By not eating many dense carbs in the evening, people have found they get enough carbs to operate and train on, but tend to not store so much from the carbs during the night. Try to space your meals as evenly as possible, I eat every 3 hours unless something comes up.

It will mean you will have to start preparing your food if you don't already. Stock up on tupperware type bowls and containers. Get a decent luchbox/cooler and icepacks if you don't have a fridge at work.

Do your homework, figure out your calorie needs, look at the labels of food you normally eat, and write down the totals for your typical day. Then write a proposal meal plan following these basics and let's go from there. Don't worry about the supps at this point, because if you get results from them, but your nutrition still sucks, what do you think will happen when you stop taking them with your bad habits?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Its a good point - I missed it.

If your going down a diet based path to loose weight - IMO unless your doing something crazy like Aitkins - hiring a nutritionalist is the only real way to get the disapline into it.

Basically I use to eat 'on the hop' but sitting down with someone and going through step by step what needs to be done and why is the sure fire way to do it. If someone then says to you 'eat this' (like your partner) you just say 'nutritionalist says no'.
Hiring a nutritionalist is fine, but if you never understand the basics or principles behind proper nutrition, you will always have to pay someone and never learn how your body really works.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good posts my youngandfree. You will lose those fat deposits as you lower your bodyfat. Don't start an AI until you've determined you have high estrogen via bloodwork, otherwise it will just skew the bloodwork results.

Do a bit of reading into fat loss, nutrition tips, and diet. The mini essay above is a great post. Also look into modifying your weight workouts; there's ones targetted for fat loss; make sure you focus on the big compounds movements to boost your metabolism. Also considering picking up some BCAAs to sip on during your long tennis sessions to prevent muscle catabolism.

ich1ban

ich1ban

Awards
Oh man thanks guys for the advise and youngandfree i appreciate your informative post :)

I did forget to mention, i take in some On Whey + flaxseed between meals for the protein and im hooked on Powerade Zero, that's the only thing i buy as far as sports drinks now.

Ok i'll tweak the diet a little bit more, yes btw i did follow the Keto diet last year, was lethargic for about 3 weeks into it but i guess my body got used to it. I believe i lost about 10lbs in about 3 months.

Thanks matthias7 i'll check the AX product out.

I was looking into Recreate or Leviathan + DCP as far as stims

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
Guys,

Well i've been working out (on and off) for the past 2 years, i'm a 5'9" 229lb 22yr old guy, i push weights then do tennis for cardio. I've been loosing weight (water/fat) in small amounts but consistently. I avoid high sugars and high carbs in my meals.

However i think that my hormones may be crappy, it's like my body loves to store fat in my hips, thighs, chest and butt area. I don't do steriods and just stick to protein, creatine and the occational stims.

I plan to get my blood work done this weekend but as far as supps for guys with high estrogen/cortisol, what would you recommend? 6-oxo? alri restore? a test booster?

Thanks[/

I personally think you might have high Estrogen levels. You might want to consider going to the doctor and getting blood work doneto check hormone levels. Then you will get a defenite answer.

Or you could just lift weights Eg. Mon., Wed. and Friday and do Cardio on Tues., Thurs. and Sat.
Resting Sunday. Also multipy your weight by 16 to calculate how much calories you should intake to loose weight. Heres a quick guide Ima post down below. Also you should consider something like a cort control supp. Along with a test booster with Tribulus, anti cort and estro control.

In the formulas below, BW stands for your current body weight.

Gain weight with BWx20. For example, if you weigh 185 lbs and are trying to build muscle mass, you will want to eat 185×20 = 3700 calories each day.

Maintain weight with BWx18. If you wish to maintain your weight of 185 lbs, you will want to eat 185×18 = 3330 calories each day.

Lose weight with BWx16. In order to lose weight at a body weight of 185 lbs, you will need to eat 185×16 = 2960 calories each day.

Deadlift3

Deadlift3

Awards
Guys,

I plan to get my blood work done this weekend but as far as supps for guys with high estrogen/cortisol, what would you recommend? 6-oxo? alri restore? a test booster?"

I think you might have high estrogen levels. I would recomend a tribulus test booster that also contains anti cort and estrogen compounds in it as well. I got one that have it all. Just look around in e-stores. Universal Animal pack is good they have alot more brands out there. Also You should work out with out taking breaks and cheating on yourself man. At the beggining its hard but you will get used to it. You should lift weights on Mon., Wed. and Fri., And do cardio on tues., thurs. and Saturday.

In the formulas below, BW stands for your current body weight.

Gain weight with BWx20. For example, if you weigh 185 lbs and are trying to build muscle mass, you will want to eat 185×20 = 3700 calories each day.

Maintain weight with BWx18. If you wish to maintain your weight of 185 lbs, you will want to eat 185×18 = 3330 calories each day.

Lose weight with BWx16. In order to lose weight at a body weight of 185 lbs, you will need to eat 185×16 = 2960 calories each day.

Sean Quinnthemighty.com

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
once you are over a certain bf %, its "normal" for it to accumulate abnormally after that. If you only lost 10lbs in 3 months on a keto diet, then you were doing something wrong, whether it was too many calories or something else, as you should easily be able to loose 6-8lbs a month at your size. Definitely even if you dont follow a 100% preplanned diet, measure and weigh your foods and track what you are eating as precisely as you can.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
once you are over a certain bf %, its "normal" for it to accumulate abnormally after that. If you only lost 10lbs in 3 months on a keto diet, then you were doing something wrong, whether it was too many calories or something else, as you should easily be able to loose 6-8lbs a month at your size. Definitely even if you dont follow a 100% preplanned diet, measure and weigh your foods and track what you are eating as precisely as you can.

:goodpost: