Amino Acid Question...

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.03%

Amino Acid Question...

has anyone taken Dymatize Super Amino 4800 caplets?
    like do u see like any noticeable results? im thinking about taking it but i dunno if its just going to be a waste of money...

doesnt like even 1 scoop of whey got more then just one serving oh dymatized super amino? or compared to any amino acid pills?....lol i dont get whats the point of taking it then?

thanks.

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Might want to post what's in it I believe it most likely BCAAs, in which case most guys on this forum have used the powdered form. The advantage to amino acids are that they don't have to be digested and hit the bloodstream fast, perfect for intra-workout. BCAAs have been shown to decrease soreness and increase recovery.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.03%

thanks steveoph, also amino acids i heard help decrease muscle catabolism?, that true?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.05%

Quote Originally Posted by shotdead42 View Post
    thanks steveoph, also amino acids i heard help decrease muscle catabolism?, that true?
    on a cut, yes.

We just released RecoverPRO...it has a 4:1:1 ratio...flavored nicely too if you prefer powders
  5. jim623

Axcell is also a very good BCAA supplement.
  6. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I won't suggest any specific product, however I do suggest you search the boards for BCAA . Also they are usually well flavoured, and buying it in pills is very expensive and wasteful. We have a wide selection at NutraPlanet.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.03%

Doesn't Amino Acids have BCAA and even more? wait lol isn't BCAA amino acids?
    so like wouldn't it be more useful to get amino acid pills, cause u get more?

thanks,
  8. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by shotdead42 View Post
    Doesn't Amino Acids have BCAA and even more? wait lol isn't BCAA amino acids?
    so like wouldn't it be more useful to get amino acid pills, cause u get more?

thanks,
    I think you're referring to 'Essential Amino Acids' (EAAs) which contain both the Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) and other amino acids.

It wouldn't result in more amino acids buying in pill form, and you'd need to swallow a handful of pills during training to derive the benefits.

Just get a powder
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.31%

Xtend from scivation is amazing, been using it for months and love it, definitely notice more endurance and better recovery time in the gym. its a staple now. gotta love intra workout supps.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Try chewing them....they taste like church waffers.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Sorry that wasn't really helpful. When u cut they're great.....suppose to be easy for your body to digest to help keep u from going "catabolic"
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  12. jim623

Now Sports has a chewable tablet. I used those before Axcell came out, IMO, they're just as good as any other. Since their chewable, they absorb pretty quick for a pre-wo sup.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.54%

As everyone has said BCAA's are great intra workout becaue they don't require any digestion their allready in a basic form, ready for your body to absorb and use. The reason you want BCAA's instead of Whey during a workout is because the whey will need to be digested, its slower and it will require blood to flow to you stomach when you want that blood in the muscle group your working. Also having a shake in my stomach while working out makes me a little nausous.

BCAA's are obviouslly amino acids ( as implied by the name branched central amino acids) and studies have shown that BCAA's (Leucine, Isoleucin, and Valine) help to prevent catabolism while exercising and promote a positive nitrogen balance when taken during the day (as many sources of protein do). Also its good the get plenty of these because they're in the Essential Amino Acids group and your body can't make them, they need to come from your diet.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Amino Acid Supplement?
    By AnthonyIOSOS in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 01:48 PM
  2. My Amino Acid log
    By NOG in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 08:03 AM
  3. amino acid overdose
    By JohnnieFreeze in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20