What About X-Factor

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. MN used to advise avoiding fish oil/ omega-3's and any anti-inflammatory compounds while on x-factor. Now, fish oil and boswellia (anti-inflammatory) are added to the formula. What is the reasoning behind that?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate1985 View Post
    MN used to advise avoiding fish oil/ omega-3's and any anti-inflammatory compounds while on x-factor.
    This is very old recommendations. Even when it was recommended to avoid EFAs it was more precautionary than anything.

    There are even studies proven to say that EFAs will help Ara cycles.


    Now, fish oil and boswellia (anti-inflammatory) are added to the formula. What is the reasoning behind that?
    Boswellia Serrata is specific to the inhibition of the 5-LOX and not the COX cascade.

    By blocking the 5-LOX you will cut down on negative sides like joint pain and headaches and allow for more COX absorption and more beneficial effects ie. muscular hypertrophy, muscular protein synthesis, and cAMP.
    •   
       


  3. When is the new formula going to be at retailers.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  4. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    When is the new formula going to be at retailers.
    .....

  5. Quote Originally Posted by cal62887 View Post
    This is very old recommendations. Even when it was recommended to avoid EFAs it was more precautionary than anything.

    There are even studies proven to say that EFAs will help Ara cycles. Boswellia Serrata is specific to the inhibition of the 5-LOX and not the COX cascade.

    By blocking the 5-LOX you will cut down on negative sides like joint pain and headaches and allow for more COX absorption and more beneficial effects ie. muscular hypertrophy, muscular protein synthesis, and cAMP.
    Sounds like pretty good reasoning. 5-LOX is also a culprit (along with estrogen) in prostate cancer...
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate1985 View Post
    Sounds like pretty good reasoning. 5-LOX is also a culprit (along with estrogen) in prostate cancer...
    True.

    Boswellia is a great supplement on it's own also. If you wanted to be truly healthy you could look into cooking with Turmeric and Curcumin.... try the indian food section
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 10:50 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 09:54 PM
  3. X-Factor and Green Bulge or X-Factor and MassFX
    By CrusaderHocky in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2007, 07:07 PM
  4. Dosage of X factor and Stacking of X Factor
    By lax in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Log in
Log in