Pain killers?

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
Hows it going everyone one. i had a question... im going to be getting my wisdom teeth pulled pretty soon, and as most of you may know that they issue you pain killers like Vicadin. I was just curious if anyone knows if the Vicadin will effect my fat burning progress in anyway?

thanks in advanced for the info.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
It won't affect your fat burning process in any way, other than it may decrease your appetite - especially since you'll have your mouth hurting. No worries, just relax and rest up after your surgery

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
It won't affect your fat burning process in any way, other than it may decrease your appetite - especially since you'll have your mouth hurting. No worries, just relax and rest up after your surgery
Alrighty. thanks man.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nope. Just take it as directed and you should be good to go.
Good luck! I would ask the Doctor for vicoprofen (7.5mg) over any other form; it will be a god-send for the inlfammation as well as the pain.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Nope. Just take it as directed and you should be good to go.
Good luck! I would ask the Doctor for vicoprofen (7.5mg) over any other form; it will be a god-send for the inlfammation as well as the pain.
^^^This is a smart man right here ;) Agreed. I work in a pharmacy, take his word for it. Ibuprofen(NSAID) will help with the pain as well as inflammation and the vicodin(hydrocodone) will help with the pain as well. I'm currently taking vicodin 5/500 and ibuprofen 800mg for a minutely fractured rib and I will say it's great for the pain and inflammation. However, like an above poster mentioned, it will decrease your appetite a little bit. Be sure to take it with food as well, as it is notorious for upsetting the stomach. NSAID's also upset the stomach as they cause GI bleeding, so you REALLY want to take the vicoprofen with a meal if you get prescribed that. Good luck :)

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
^^^This is a smart man right here ;) Agreed. I work in a pharmacy, take his word for it. Ibuprofen(NSAID) will help with the pain as well as inflammation and the vicodin(hydrocodone) will help with the pain as well. I'm currently taking vicodin 5/500 and ibuprofen 800mg for a minutely fractured rib and I will say it's great for the pain and inflammation. However, like an above poster mentioned, it will decrease your appetite a little bit. Be sure to take it with food as well, as it is notorious for upsetting the stomach. NSAID's also upset the stomach as they cause GI bleeding, so you REALLY want to take the vicoprofen with a meal if you get prescribed that. Good luck :)
Actually the GI bleeding won't occur if not taken with a meal, it can occur at anytime while taking Ibuprofen. GI bleeding will occur at a higher chance close to and over the max dose of 3200mg a day of Ibuprofen.

Vicoprofen and Vicodin are two very different medications in that Vicodin contains Acetaminophen and Hydrocodone.

Vicoprofen contains Hydrocodone and Ibuprofen.

Vicodin can create liver stress at high levels past the max dose of 4000mg due to Acetaminophen.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thus Vicoprofen is a better route. :D
Actually the GI bleeding won't occur if not taken with a meal, it can occur at anytime while taking Ibuprofen. GI bleeding will occur at a higher chance close to and over the max dose of 3200mg a day of Ibuprofen.

Vicoprofen and Vicodin are two very different medications in that Vicodin contains Acetaminophen and Hydrocodone.

Vicodin can create liver stress at high levels past the max dose of 4000mg due to Acetaminophen.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established

LOL, thank you for telling my what I have already known for years. Also for repeating what I already said.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
LOL, thank you for telling my what I have already known for years. Also for repeating what I already said.
Just clearing up some things from your post that the person asking may not have known. Vicodin and Hydrocodone are NOT the same thing. People that don't work in pharmacies or have degrees in Pharmacy also do not know max doses and such or understand what it means if they go past them.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Just clearing up some things from your post that the person asking may not have known. Vicodin and Hydrocodone are NOT the same thing. People that don't work in pharmacies or have degrees in Pharmacy also do not know max doses and such or understand what it means if they go past them.
Vicodin IS hydrocodone and acetaminophen. It is just a brand name for it. It comes in 2.5/500 5/500, 7.5/500 and 10/500. Another brand name for it is Lortab. When someone says Hydrocodone, they are meaning hydrocodone and acetaminophen. That's just what they call the generic drug for lortab or vicodin. Just like when someone says Tamoxifen, they are meaning tamoxifen citrate as tamoxifen base is not available by itself. It is only available as tamoxifen citrate. Hydrocodone is the opioid that is in vicodin. But no, vicodin and hydrocodone are not the same thing if you're speaking in technical terms. Also hydrocodone comes in different forms. Hydrocodone bitartrate, dihydrocodone, etc. Overdosing is certainly not good. Hepatoxicity, nausea/vomiting, dizziness, CNS/respiratory depression, urinary retention, GI upset, constipation, etc. No bueno.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I know all that stuff. I went to school for 6 years for it. I was just stating that the average person who has no knowledge on the subject may read vicodin and not know that it has 2 ingredients. NOt questioning your credibility just looking out for people in general.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Hows it going everyone one. i had a question... im going to be getting my wisdom teeth pulled pretty soon, and as most of you may know that they issue you pain killers like Vicadin. I was just curious if anyone knows if the Vicadin will effect my fat burning progress in anyway?

thanks in advanced for the info.
I had mine pulled in 06. MAN that was unique, but the vicadin made it alll betta! Specially when you took 2, walk to your GF's house and forget how the fudge you got there hahah.

I love Vics, but hopefully I never have to use em again! I hate pain killers.

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
I had mine pulled in 06. MAN that was unique, but the vicadin made it alll betta! Specially when you took 2, walk to your GF's house and forget how the fudge you got there hahah.

I love Vics, but hopefully I never have to use em again! I hate pain killers.
hahaha. i actually really enjoy the effects of vicadin. It makes watching movies much more enjoyable haha. I have taken them before football games when i was in high school and let me tell you that it made a big difference. I would be able to hit much harder because i was numb to the pain. I guess it was kind of cheating haha.