Age Old Question- Prison Bodies

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These dudes can't get more that 100 grams of protein a day. 3 meals - MAYBE 30/35 grams a piece.

How do they get such physques with no supplemental help, a crappy diet, etc?

I was watching a program on TLC and it seemed they were all jacked LOL

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well all prisons are different, but I know up here in the Canadian ones many inmantes work and get paid a stiped. They can put that towards buying items at the "Canteen", which includes food + many other amenities. Also study and study again have shown the athletes really don't require that much extra protein.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
These dudes can't get more that 100 grams of protein a day. 3 meals - MAYBE 30/35 grams a piece.

Well.
When your locked up what elese to do but lift??
As far as the food goes it sucks.
In any given day you get around 2800 cal's, but like Steveoph said there is a "Canteen"
Where you have acess to buy snacks and stuff VIA your prison account.

You can make money in jail but it is only like 29 cents per HR.
However, family and friends can add cash to your account.
That and we all know the best job in jail is to be on the mess hall staff :)

JP.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Which supports some peoples points that you don't need a solid diet to get ripped that you can also train heavily like I'm sure inmates do and pack on muscle I'm sure they don't care about doms because honestly do u think prisoners are using splits and caring about rest?

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
The food is prison/jail isn't all that bad. It's a lot more nutritional than hospital food anyway. The canteen/commissary/store has pretty good stuff in there, depending on where you're at of course. There's beef jerky, pork rinds (pretty good protein there), protein bars maybe, etc.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Which supports some peoples points that you don't need a solid diet to get ripped that you can also train heavily like I'm sure inmates do and pack on muscle I'm sure they don't care about doms because honestly do u think prisoners are using splits and caring about rest?
Yeah, some of those people work out a couple hours a day every day and are still huge.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But doesn't this fly directly in the face of all the bogus, unsubstantiated and over-hyped protein advertisements crammed down our (bodybuilders) throats all the time?!

Furthermore, while I am certain you are correct about stipends, I have a hunch these guys in prison are using them towards ANYTHING other than protein supps! Wouldn't you if you were locked in a box with no life???!! :)

Again, some of these guys are straight-up jacked.

To further my point, IF they are working out like nuts, and only getting in 100 grams/day of protein - doesn't that only dispell the over-hyped protein myths EVEN MORE - because IF it was "so necessary" to get in all this protein daily (~250 grams a day), these guys would be in catabolic hell with all these extra work-outs and certainly not thick and swole....but...they are!!

Well all prisons are different, but I know up here in the Canadian ones many inmantes work and get paid a stiped. They can put that towards buying items at the "Canteen", which includes food + many other amenities. Also study and study again have shown the athletes really don't require that much extra protein.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Ya but its not like they lead active lifestyles...burning tons of calories doing daily tasks. Other than lifting, aren't they seditary in thier cells?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
look....When the option is grow massive/built or take another mans sausage in the butt, you will find a drive that will out do any anabolic substance on the market.

SgtP

SgtP

Awards
  • Established
look....When the option is grow massive/built or take another mans sausage in the butt, you will find a drive that will out do any anabolic substance on the market.
best supplement ever is fear i guess lol...

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Ya but its not like they lead active lifestyles...burning tons of calories doing daily tasks. Other than lifting, aren't they seditary in thier cells?
Yup. I dont disagree with any of the points being made, and I want to just add

1-regimented/consistent feedings
2-regulated/steady sleep(wake?) times
3-consistent training days/times
4-nothing to do but grow

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
These guys sleep a ton., and conserve energy sitting around all day.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmmmm, so in your example, they would need LESS protein.

Now, add the possibilities in that:
1) they work out harder / with more intensity
2) they work out more often (even multiple times per day) + perhaps daily with zero breaks
3) have zero micronutrient/supplementation help (no creatine, no amino's, nada!)

.......and you quickly offset the theory that they have less protein requirements. Given the above, I'd argue they need more. Regardless, it's "close" so, the question remains - do we need as much protein as OVER-HYPED (Supp companies make $$$ cramming this mindset down your throat).

Yup. I dont disagree with any of the points being made, and I want to just add

1-regimented/consistent feedings
2-regulated/steady sleep(wake?) times
3-consistent training days/times
4-nothing to do but grow

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I doubt the old lmberjacks or railroad workers got proper protein intake, but those fuggers were strong as hell, and likely built for it

this goes with my idea that your growth depends alot on your job or daily activities. Look at some of these guys coming out of basic training, no free weights, but they come out 15-20 lbs heavier and built.

wilsmash4food

wilsmash4food

Awards
guys..dont loose sight of the fact that in the big prisons (and even smaller county jails) all types of narcotics are being smuggled in. weed, crack, meth, any kind of pill known to man.....whose to say that these guys arent actually getting their hands on real gear?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Genetics play a big part- you should see a lot of dudes that I ran track with and played football with, and then look at their eating habits- a lot of them subsisted completely on fast food, soft drinks, and candy

One of our running backs used to eat 5-6 Taco Bell burritos and drink half a two liter of Cheerwine 1 hr. before a practice or game- he would bring that crap in the locker room with him- and he was 5'9" 200 lbs. and under 5%....another dude I ran track with (a 10.0 s in the 100 guy) used to eat about a lb. of gummy bears before practice or a race- and none of these guys got anywhere near a gram/lb. of bodyweight- the further I get into this game, the less I am seeing that this guideline holds true.....

Guys ate like complete crap, but had physiques that would put most bodybuilders to shame

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
guys..dont loose sight of the fact that in the big prisons (and even smaller county jails) all types of narcotics are being smuggled in. weed, crack, meth, any kind of pill known to man.....whose to say that these guys arent actually getting their hands on real gear?
Something tells me real gear in prison is impossible, especially considering PCT being necessary, and the lack of sanitation.

So how many dbols can you pack in your arse in a lil baggy? Got a full cycle there?

blueboy22

blueboy22

Awards
  • Established
Both prisons that I am familiar with and have friendships with several guards have told me steroids are "smuggled in" quite frequently. I was told a lot of guys look like they are on juice because they are.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Both prisons that I am familiar with and have friendships with several guards have told me steroids are "smuggled in" quite frequently. I was told a lot of guys look like they are on juice because they are.
this is true. i can read this thread and pick out the people who know nothing about prison due to their sterotypical comments. yes the food in prison sucks so does the food at most county jails, but what makes you think for a minute that those guys eat only their food and not some of your's too. life can be traded in prison (not noramlly jail) and before you make a silly a$$ response like " if anyone took my food i'd kick their a$$" realize something, unless you are in a gang no one, not even the guards are going to protect you and if your not connected your screwed.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
this is true. i can read this thread and pick out the people who know nothing about prison due to their sterotypical comments. yes the food in prison sucks so does the food at most county jails, but what makes you think for a minute that those guys eat only their food and not some of your's too. life can be traded in prison (not noramlly jail) and before you make a silly a$$ response like " if anyone took my food i'd kick their a$$" realize something, unless you are in a gang no one, not even the guards are going to protect you and if your not connected your screwed.
Well I have never been to prison, or even jail. I am kinda surprised that gear gets passed in there, damn. I know about the gang set up though, basically your either in one, or your currency.

Steroids as in actual pinning? Or are we talking a bottle of spawn or such?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Well I have never been to prison, or even jail. I am kinda surprised that gear gets passed in there, damn. I know about the gang set up though, basically your either in one, or your currency.

Steroids as in actual pinning? Or are we talking a bottle of spawn or such?
pills, tabs not inject stuff. it would be kind of hard to hide the pins in your cell. anadrol, dbol things like that. it's supply and demand in there just like anywhere else. and keep in mind a lot of those guys were big bastards before they got there.....so they're not getting huge in prison but gaining a little bit and maintaining. that's why their so cut, the lack of food and training for hours a day int he yard and cells.....it's like your cutting all the time

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
good nutrition is somewhat easily obtainable even while in prison actually moreso in prison thatn in county jail. In my county I ate a pretty much clean diet. albeit you gotta have someone putting money on your books but if you do youre set. theres the canteen which was mentioned and every week I would buy beef jerkey, cans of tuna and cans of chicken, (When they were available at first, tons of oats, pb, jelly, tons of red rooster hot sauce to mask the shitty food, dehydrated beans, and tortillas. That was in addition to what they give you for free. 3 am you get a paper bag full of one cup of sugar free corn flakes, one small milk, one small juice, 6 slices wheat bread, mustard and mayo on bologna and cheese days or pb and j, then you get an apple and orange. Now to eat healthy you could trade with the diabetics who get twice as much fruit, milk and cereal. that bag has to last you all day until 530 for chow time which consisted of the same thing everytime, some kind of texterized meat product soy based im sure such as hot dog, hamburger, bean burrito, pasta with mystery sauce, accompanied with a cabbage salad, mixed green veggies, a wheat roll, corn bread or corn tortillas on bean day, and some kind of dessert such as angel food cake. so pretty much you have all your bases covered, oats and wheat bread for carbs, milk, juice, fruit, protein from meat beans and pb, fats covered by pb, and theres even more food available in prison than in county. but that being said you can get super fat just as easy as super cut up. they also offer honey buns, candies like snickers and twix and stuff like that. go check out mycarepack dot com. I cant type in the actual link since I dont have enough posts, and see some of the things you can get if you were ever in your countys jail or prison since the availability differs county to county youd be surprised at whats available. and oh yeah whats online is only a small fraction of what you can order, each tuesday in my county you get an order form which has around 200 to 300 items you can choose from.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
good nutrition is somewhat easily obtainable even while in prison actually moreso in prison thatn in county jail. In my county I ate a pretty much clean diet. albeit you gotta have someone putting money on your books but if you do youre set. theres the canteen which was mentioned and every week I would buy beef jerkey, cans of tuna and cans of chicken, (When they were available at first, tons of oats, pb, jelly, tons of red rooster hot sauce to mask the shitty food, dehydrated beans, and tortillas. That was in addition to what they give you for free. 3 am you get a paper bag full of one cup of sugar free corn flakes, one small milk, one small juice, 6 slices wheat bread, mustard and mayo on bologna and cheese days or pb and j, then you get an apple and orange. Now to eat healthy you could trade with the diabetics who get twice as much fruit, milk and cereal. that bag has to last you all day until 530 for chow time which consisted of the same thing everytime, some kind of texterized meat product soy based im sure such as hot dog, hamburger, bean burrito, pasta with mystery sauce, accompanied with a cabbage salad, mixed green veggies, a wheat roll, corn bread or corn tortillas on bean day, and some kind of dessert such as angel food cake. so pretty much you have all your bases covered, oats and wheat bread for carbs, milk, juice, fruit, protein from meat beans and pb, fats covered by pb, and theres even more food available in prison than in county. but that being said you can get super fat just as easy as super cut up. they also offer honey buns, candies like snickers and twix and stuff like that. go check out mycarepack dot com. I cant type in the actual link since I dont have enough posts, and see some of the things you can get if you were ever in your countys jail or prison since the availability differs county to county youd be surprised at whats available. and oh yeah whats online is only a small fraction of what you can order, each tuesday in my county you get an order form which has around 200 to 300 items you can choose from.
honey buns.......that brings me back. those things are like gold in there.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
The food is prison/jail isn't all that bad. It's a lot more nutritional than hospital food anyway. The canteen/commissary/store has pretty good stuff in there, depending on where you're at of course. There's beef jerky, pork rinds (pretty good protein there), protein bars maybe, etc.
Wow.
What prisons you been in.
I have been in to diffrent countys.
The food sucked hard core at both.
When is the last time you tried a wonder meat sandwitch?

JP.

steam

steam

Awards
  • Established
Steroids are available in prisons...plus when you don't have to care about your libido, and rage is actually a positive, its a no brainer.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Wow.
What prisons you been in.
I have been in to diffrent countys.
The food sucked hard core at both.
When is the last time you tried a wonder meat sandwitch?

JP.
Besides the lunch which was bologna everyday, the meals were bearable. Now I'm not saying it's all a delicacy, but I just spent 3 days in a hospital and I remember saying I'd rather have jail food. I guess you can't be too picky, though. I could deal with most of it. As for the mystery meat... It wasn't too bad as far as super uber processed goes, especially with mash potatoes and gravy.

Now I hear prison on the other hand, federal especially, has much better food. This is first hand from other inmates in parish/county. I haven't spent time in a DOC camp so I don't know personally.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
ya man all they do is lift, my brother was locked up for 2 years and for a full year was in solitary confinedment and he said he had a plastic chair that weighed no more than 2lbs and he used to tell me thats what he used to do curls with, and would do it until it burned and thats like 500+ reps and just a **** load of push ups and sit ups.

and when he came out i was like holly ****. he went in at a soaking 175ish came out like atleast 200-220 just ripped

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Ive never been to jail but my cousin who has several times (in canada) says its been hard for him to get clean since there are somtimes more drugs and easier access in prison that out.
I have also been told anything is available for the right price. A buddy was telling me today that when he was there someone sent a cellmate an envelope that had been sprayed with a type of crystal meth spray and they were eating it and messed up, not sleeping, staying in their cells and stopped eating.

Crazy stuff and it proves that the long arms of greed can reach anywhere where greedy humans are. Nothing is safe.

I think the supplement industry is overhyped but its a buisness and only as viable as its demand so by that decree the issue is with people not the companies.

wilsmash4food

wilsmash4food

Awards
man..pct and libido is not exactly a concern of these guys. the mentality is to get jacked because theres nothing better to do. let the state pay for your hospital bills when you have liver failure.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Nothing but time on your hands = strange and creative ways to lift and eat.
Dangerous environment = motivation to find creative ways to train.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
this reminds me, there was a dude on here before who made a "Prison Diet". He was actually a former inmate. He said that the diet was 3 meals a day and actually came out to over 200g of protein. the key component was Ramos Noodles (whatever that is) and Tuna.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
this reminds me, there was a dude on here before who made a "Prison Diet". He was actually a former inmate. He said that the diet was 3 meals a day and actually came out to over 200g of protein. the key component was Ramos Noodles (whatever that is) and Tuna.
Ramen noodles. Correct.

Had a friend that did 5 years. He cooked me "crackhead soup" one time which was a jail favorite. It was ramen noodles with an assortment of random food thrown in (various meats chopped up, eggs, spices and sauces...basically anything that 'Looked Good') Threw it all in a pan and cooked it up. It was actually really good and filled me up considerably.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
you should see some foods you can find in jail. tamales were a big favorite of mine, definately not the healthiest but basicaly you get a bag of nacho cheese chips or any other corn chip, dehydrated refried beans, hardboiled eggs or bologna or whatever you wanted to fill it with, a bunch of hot sauce, then you crunch the chips in the bag fill it up with the filling add boiling water, roll up the bag and let it sit and form into a tamale. Spreads were also our pwo meal of choice which everyone threw in one bag of noodles, meats, cheese, eggs, oats, cooked the oats and noodles, added the spices in after chopped up all the meats and cheeses; then cover a table with cellophane dump it all out and grab some tortillas and make yourself a big ol burrito. people get real creative in there, menudo days were the best too, hominy was substituted for corn nuts rehydrated with boiling water, and some ramen noodles, for the spices and then rehydrate some pork rinds. just like grandma used to make lol

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Something tells me real gear in prison is impossible, especially considering PCT being necessary, and the lack of sanitation.

So how many dbols can you pack in your arse in a lil baggy? Got a full cycle there?
Not true....

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ramen noodles. Correct.

Had a friend that did 5 years. He cooked me "crackhead soup" one time which was a jail favorite. It was ramen noodles with an assortment of random food thrown in (various meats chopped up, eggs, spices and sauces...basically anything that 'Looked Good') Threw it all in a pan and cooked it up. It was actually really good and filled me up considerably.
Yep it fills you up and keeps the weight on so does another stew which is basically smashed up potatoes onion meat and sugar. talk about carb loading

tegman

Awards
The majority of the guys that are big in prison are on gear. A friend of mines brother went to the bighouse for 3 yrs and came back huge. He said you can get almost anything in their....

asoulecpt

Awards
My friends dad was locked up and he was on hgh in there. He said you can get anything and the best stuff they got was from the guards.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
lol trust you bro...

bb4life

bb4life

Awards
  • Established
worked with guy that did 5 years in pen... there are steroids in prisons.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It all truly boils down to:

Do you prefer an ok physique and total freedom?

or

Do you prefer being "RIPPED TO SHREDS!" locked in prison for life?

THE CHOICE IS CLEAR!

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My cousin has done time and he told me there are lots of steroids going around in prisons, obviously it depends where your doing time, but this was in Canada where the prisons arent as bad as in the states. he said they were as easy to get as weed, which was as easy to get as cigarettes.