Tonalin/ Conjugated Linoleic Acid?

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
I was just curious if anyone knows if Conjugated Linoleic Acid is good supplement to take or not? If so, what are some of the benefits?

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
Does it matter when you take it? or does it need to be like post or pre workout?

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I used to spread my doses out, 1g 3/day for 3g/day which is what is usually the dose used in most studies.

smutty

smutty

Awards
I started using this about 3 weeks ago at 6 caps a day. I believe it is working. My diet has been pretty good so the results are not only from the CLA.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I started using this about 3 weeks ago at 6 caps a day. I believe it is working. My diet has been pretty good so the results are not only from the CLA.
Like I said, it's subtle, but effective :) It definitely can't replace a good diet. Keep up the good work!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
CLA is supposed to also have some anti-oxidant action as well as some potential anti-carcinogenic actions. CLA is one of those items where after reading a review of lit, I was left asking myself why isn't it marketed as more than just a supplement for weight management.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
CLA is supposed to also have some anti-oxidant action as well as some potential anti-carcinogenic actions. CLA is one of those items where after reading a review of lit, I was left asking myself why isn't it marketed as more than just a supplement for weight management.
Probably because of the dosing size, really couldn't have an effective dose from unless your taking grams. I do think it's a very underrated supplement.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Probably because of the dosing size, really couldn't have an effective dose from unless your taking grams. I do think it's a very underrated supplement.
Let me grab my RoL and see if I can find the dosing they were using in some of the studies.

Edit: 2-6 grams/day