Tonalin/ Conjugated Linoleic Acid?

1. Tonalin/ Conjugated Linoleic Acid?

I was just curious if anyone knows if Conjugated Linoleic Acid is good supplement to take or not? If so, what are some of the benefits?

2. It's a very subtle working supplement, very nice for cuts, works to promote recomposition. By definition, it's actually considered a trans fat. It's found in large quantities in whole milk and buffalo meat, among other sources.

Some interesting studies:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

3. Does it matter when you take it? or does it need to be like post or pre workout?
    •   

4. I used to spread my doses out, 1g 3/day for 3g/day which is what is usually the dose used in most studies.

5. I started using this about 3 weeks ago at 6 caps a day. I believe it is working. My diet has been pretty good so the results are not only from the CLA.

6. Quote Originally Posted by smutty View Post
    I started using this about 3 weeks ago at 6 caps a day. I believe it is working. My diet has been pretty good so the results are not only from the CLA.
    Like I said, it's subtle, but effective It definitely can't replace a good diet. Keep up the good work!

7. CLA is supposed to also have some anti-oxidant action as well as some potential anti-carcinogenic actions. CLA is one of those items where after reading a review of lit, I was left asking myself why isn't it marketed as more than just a supplement for weight management.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

8. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    CLA is supposed to also have some anti-oxidant action as well as some potential anti-carcinogenic actions. CLA is one of those items where after reading a review of lit, I was left asking myself why isn't it marketed as more than just a supplement for weight management.
    Probably because of the dosing size, really couldn't have an effective dose from unless your taking grams. I do think it's a very underrated supplement.

9. Quote Originally Posted by joeflex73 View Post
    Probably because of the dosing size, really couldn't have an effective dose from unless your taking grams. I do think it's a very underrated supplement.
    Let me grab my RoL and see if I can find the dosing they were using in some of the studies.

Edit: 2-6 grams/day
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

Similar Forum Threads

1. CLA - which is better, tonalin, or primordial's CEE?
    By soontobbeast in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 02:44 AM
  2. cis9,trans11 conjugated linoleic acid
    By ballin15 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 02:43 PM
  3. Is Tonalin CLA The Next Weight Loss SuperPill
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 02:00 PM
  4. CLA - Conjugated Linoleic Acid