Best endurance supplement

rodsteele

Awards
Hi,

I am looking for ideas on endurance supplements. I do lots of cardio (running, biking) plus weights. Is there anything around that may help with oxygen transfer,muscle fatigue and reducing lactic acid in the muscles, etc (more training I know). I just ran a marathon and plan to do another at a later date. I am also looking at Duathlons (Run,Bike,Run).

Please suggest any PH, vitamins, energy supplements that may help.

Thanks

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
cordygen v05 and beta-alanine

jamjoe

Awards
Purple WRAATH!
2nd this. Purple Wraath has both Beta Alanine and Citrulline Malate to reduce lactic acid and ammonia that builds up during cardio, plus the EAAs help keep your muscles from wasting away during long cardio sessions.

I've used Cordygen VO2 also. It kept my energy from waning during long soccer sessions. I haven't notice much boost for short cardio sessions though.

dafox

Awards
  • Established
cordygen VO2 for right before a work out... I used 3-4 caps... and it was real good

cj3759

Awards
I've tried MAN Body Octane, Millennium's Ultra VO2 and Cordygen5, and bulk beta alanine and citrulline malate. I'd give the edge to VO2 or C5.

jim623

Best one I've used to date would be Axcell.

On another note, for recovery after long distance running, Endurox R4 is awesome.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Beta alanine is great for endurance. I would also recommend a BCAA supplement, as they have also helped me with endurance. Axcell has a 4:1:1 ratio of bcaas which is perfect for your goals.

IronBusta

Awards
I stacked a scoop of Purple Wrath with NO-Xplode... All I can say is Ridiculous Endurance, my partner had to drag me out of the gym sometimes, then I'd go run for an hour. Just make sure you drink a **** ton of water :)

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi,

I am looking for ideas on endurance supplements. I do lots of cardio (running, biking) plus weights. Is there anything around that may help with oxygen transfer,muscle fatigue and reducing lactic acid in the muscles, etc (more training I know). I just ran a marathon and plan to do another at a later date. I am also looking at Duathlons (Run,Bike,Run).

Thanks
X-Force is an mood enhancing/energy/fat-loss supplement that I use on a regular basis during lifting day. It gives me more stamina and focus- perfect for when I workout.

Biceps

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hi,

Thanks

Branch chain amino acids (BCAA's). Both BCAA's and that amino in turkey that make you tired, L-tryptophan, compete for the same transport protein to your brain. When you're running and doing any sort of exercise, your muscles will burn through their stored BCAA content. That leaves more tryptophan available to take over that transport protein and be carried up to your brain. Thus, you perceive fatigue.

This little bit is just scratching the surface on all the many ways that BCAA's can help you out.

A good BCAA+ formula will work wonders. Take about 10-15g total of BCAA's. Start sipping them 15 minutes before your workout, and then sip on them throughout the course of your workout.

A little biased, I know ;) but we put out a top notch formula that takes advantage of a high dose of Leucine, which has been shown in numerous studies to be the most powerful BCAA at heightening endurance, muscle recovery, and growth. We use a 4:1:1 ratio instead of the standard 2:1:1....so you get more Leucine, and ultimately, far better performance while taking 1/2 the servings compared to others. It's called Axcell ;)

http://www.anabolicx.com/arsenal/axcell/index.php

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Branch chain amino acids (BCAA's). Both BCAA's and that amino in turkey that make you tired, L-tryptophan, compete for the same transport protein to your brain. When you're running and doing any sort of exercise, your muscles will burn through their stored BCAA content. That leaves more tryptophan available to take over that transport protein and be carried up to your brain. Thus, you perceive fatigue.

This little bit is just scratching the surface on all the many ways that BCAA's can help you out.

A good BCAA+ formula will work wonders. Take about 10-15g total of BCAA's. Start sipping them 15 minutes before your workout, and then sip on them throughout the course of your workout.

A little biased, I know ;) but we put out a top notch formula that takes advantage of a high dose of Leucine, which has been shown in numerous studies to be the most powerful BCAA at heightening endurance, muscle recovery, and growth. We use a 4:1:1 ratio instead of the standard 2:1:1....so you get more Leucine, and ultimately, far better performance while taking 1/2 the servings compared to others. It's called Axcell ;)

http://www.anabolicx.com/arsenal/axcell/index.php
so if i were to say it's between me buying this product and the new one from anabolic innovations, what makes this formula so much better than theirs that it costs more for half the servings?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
800 mgs of caffiene
No don't take 800mg caffeine. Two problems:
1. If you've had a heap of coffee you're pushing 1g of caffeine per day.
2. If you manage to get to sleep you'll develop rapid tolerance (addiction)
3. You'll need more next time to get the same effect.
4. I think that 2g starts becoming toxic (might be more) - for the caffeine newbie
5. Many supplements have 250mg in them. If you combine the 2 thats again 1g caffeine.
6. You could start having real cardio problems.

If you're going to do this combine it with other stuff,eg. tyrosine, geranium, perhaps beta-alanine (I dunno) etc.. so that you're causing vaso-contraction across you're body and forcing the activity of the other supplements to increase. That way you need less caffeine.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
PLEASE check out Axis Labs SLINGSHOT.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
haha, 800mg of caffiene... How about some Ephedrine and EvoBurn mixed in... Just mix it with some milk and down it with your protein before your run!
Is Ephedrine is banned now in the US?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established

jim623

so if i were to say it's between me buying this product and the new one from anabolic innovations, what makes this formula so much better than theirs that it costs more for half the servings?
I'm diehard AX, but this is a very good question.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Strictly for endurance, naturally speaking...IGF-2+DRIVE+Purple Wraath= nuff said!

However, NeoVar:Recomped, Anabolic Pump, NA-R-ALA, Banaba Extract, other ingredients, or products of the sort work really well too if you eat a good mixture of watermelon, banana, and oatmeal.

Cheers!:cheers:

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
is it just me or does Slingshot seem underdosed for the price? How much beta alanine is in there if the proprietary is 500mg and it has like 4 or more ingredients (for the performance portion)?

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
RecoverPRO has the same ratio. However, their are differences. No Citrulline Malate. No Taurine. No Glucuronolactone. No LPC. RP is pretty much solely BCAA's. And there are places where AXcell is $13 cheaper right now than RP pre-sale.

hl80

Awards
I use IntraBolic + 30-60g 50% malto 50% dextrose if I foresee a 1.5hr+ training with cardio.

hl80

Awards
For sustained, predictable cardio (basically safe stuff I'm used to doing), I'll sometimes use ephedrine + caffeine, 25mg sulfate + 200mg, respectively, if cutting. For unpredictable cardio like soccer I wouldn't risk any sharp shifts in heartrate, but for a sustained run where I know my heart rate is fine, a typical dose of EC works great.

KmuL

KmuL

Awards
  • Established
RecoverPRO has the same ratio. However, their are differences. No Citrulline Malate. No Taurine. No Glucuronolactone. No LPC. RP is pretty much solely BCAA's. And there are places where AXcell is $13 cheaper right now than RP pre-sale.
true, but we do have the CM in MANIAC!

:D

Great Stack!

I do enjoy your SX though, whoooooweee!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback on the Cordygen line

For endurance and Oxygen uptake....Cordygen is the way to go :)

I also really enjoyed Drive and Purple Wraath.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback on the Cordygen line

For endurance and Oxygen uptake....Cordygen is the way to go :)

I also really enjoyed Drive and Purple Wraath.
MST`s lineup of Cordygen products are very good.Right now I am really enjoying the effects of Citruvol.

Ciep

Ciep

Awards
Hi,

Thanks
Congrats on finishing the marathon! Which one was it and which one are you currently training for? I've done quite a few myself, here's the "stack" I've found to work for me...

L-Carnitine
D-Ribose
Cordyceps
Beta-alanine
BCAAs

Good luck with the training!