Supplementing w/ BCAA + L-Glutamine

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
I have thoughts I may be over doing it with adding in BCAA's and L-Glutamine. Supplement wise, I have a wake up shake, 1 scoop ATW whey protein mix adding in 5g L-glutamine/5g BCAA's. Later on in the day I have 10g BCAA's intra workout, 10g BCAA's post workout with waxy maize. 30 minutes later I have a 2 scoop ATW whey protein isolate shake adding in 5g L-glutamine and 5g BCAA's. Pre bed I have a 1 scoop ON casein shake adding in 5g BCAA's and 5g L-glutamine.

Thoughts?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I usually have a scoop of whey upon waking.

and usually drink my BCAA's intra workout. 1 serving Xtend.

and then a scoop of protein before bed.

Remember your already getting alot of protein and amino acids from your diet.
Whole foods are always better than supps as well.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Remember your already getting alot of protein and amino acids from your diet.
Whole foods are always better than supps as well.
Agreed. I suppose I should have clearified that in my OP, my diet is in check and I have optimized it for my personal goals. This question only applies to my supplement regiment, which takes a back seat to whole foods.

In short, am I supplementing too much with BCAA's and L-Glutamine?

For informational purposes, I utilize Bulk NP BCAA's and L-Glutamine.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Make sure your drinking lots of water too.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
are you trying to gain weight or cut bf?

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
I've been bulking since winter. I suppose I should start to cut up a little bit, as warmer weather is pending here in CT. A lousy stretch of weather lately...in the 60's today. Perhaps I should also make mention of my upcoming cycle that begins monday the 15th. Hdrol/EQ-Plex/Formestane. I want to make sure I have an adequate supply of key nutrients to help develop along the way, without going over board, rendering the extra aminos I add in a waste.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If your bulking I really dont think you need to go overboard with BCAA's. Only when you are cutting is it important to be getting a substantial amount of protein and bcaa's to insure you keep your muscle. I might back off a bit on all the BCAA's. What BCAA;s are you taking?

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Nutra Planet Bulk BCAA's. Same for the L-glutamine

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would at most take a serving before, during, and after workout. at most.

did you flavor them?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So you suggest I pull them from my morning and pre-bed shake. This was my train of thought as well.

...no. I tell you one thing, it certainly has put hair on my chest!
I would just take a shake waking up and a shake with milk before bed. My aminos around my workouts.

Other people might tell you differently. I have done it like this for a long time.

I bet it has put hair on your chest lol.

bodyfort

Awards
I have thoughts I may be over doing it with adding in BCAA's and L-Glutamine. Supplement wise, I have a wake up shake, 1 scoop ATW whey protein mix adding in 5g L-glutamine/5g BCAA's. Later on in the day I have 10g BCAA's intra workout, 10g BCAA's post workout with waxy maize. 30 minutes later I have a 2 scoop ATW whey protein isolate shake adding in 5g L-glutamine and 5g BCAA's. Pre bed I have a 1 scoop ON casein shake adding in 5g BCAA's and 5g L-glutamine.

Thoughts?
not at all. quite heal up my lower back a bit