Anyone on here give up ALL STIMS 100%

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am tryng it and mannnnn it aint easy! :(

I've been on these in some shape or form for 10+ years straight (some periods, this would only include morning coffee or pre-w/o coffee). In those 10+ years, there were maybe 10 total days (so once a year) I did not take something (like a morning coffee only).

Just plan to try to give up stims entirely due to the impact on the heart and resting pulse rate and BP as I'm ~40 now.

J

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
while ur doing this it would be a good idea to pick up some reset a.d by palo alto labs...

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Also eat more carbs. Maybe throw in a little sugar (fruits) here and there w/ complex carbs (oats) for a quick pick-me-up followed by some long term energy from the complex carbs.

This is coming from someone who used to be a stim junkie and now only uses them rarely.

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I never took stims but was a coffee drinker for about 20 years, I gave up coffee about 9 months ago. I think it took my body about 5 months to readjust to it. I just felt like I was in a fog during that time.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established

I've been on these in some shape or form for 10+ years straight (some periods, this would only include morning coffee or pre-w/o coffee). In those 10+ years, there were maybe 10 total days (so once a year) I did not take something (like a morning coffee only).

Just plan to try to give up stims entirely due to the impact on the heart and resting pulse rate and BP as I'm ~40 now.
yeah, it sucks. when i joined service in 1995, i was at 4 pots of coffee per day (50ish cups). by 1997 i was at 7 pots a day (80ish cups). i carried that trend till 2005 when i detoxed for a month, and it was a nightmare. after that month, i got back up to around 5-6 pots per day, and detoxed in jan of this year so i could run a log that required no caffeine. bleh, detoxing sucks, but it was worth it.

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah, it sucks. when i joined service in 1995, i was at 4 pots of coffee per day (50ish cups). by 1997 i was at 7 pots a day (80ish cups). i carried that trend till 2005 when i detoxed for a month, and it was a nightmare. after that month, i got back up to around 5-6 pots per day, and detoxed in jan of this year so i could run a log that required no caffeine. bleh, detoxing sucks, but it was worth it.
Damn, 50 cups a day. I would have had a heart attack.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Damn, 50 cups a day. I would have had a heart attack.
the lamest thing : i'd get done with work at 11PM or so, go home, drink a pot of coffee, and go to bed just after midnight (this was from 2000-2005). bleh.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
the lamest thing : i'd get done with work at 11PM or so, go home, drink a pot of coffee, and go to bed just after midnight (this was from 2000-2005). bleh.
im not the only person who can drink coffee and go to sleep!

Then again caffeine as a stim doesn't work very well for me. Other ones do, or combos, but not it alone.

I do recommend Reset AD, I have half a bottle left, I take mini breaks fro stims and use it.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reset AD got me down from my stim frenzy as well. It was energy drinks for me. Now I use stims pre w/o 3 days a week only M-W-F. Oh yeah, I'm 50 so props for you to be thinking about this now Whacked!

F

Flyers2385

Awards
I had to stop taking Jack3d because it worked way too well on me. I switched to superpump and now am off everything. My post workouts have been much more pleasant without crashing.

H

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't even begin to imagine drinking that much coffee. If I drink one cup, I MEAN 8oz, it tears my stomach something awful. Needless to day, I find myself in the toilet for about 10 minutes afterward, so I just don't drink it.

E

ecupirate

Awards
I was drinking about 2-3 cups every morning for about a year. I eventually gave it up and started drinking green tea in the morning. If I use a stim in my pre workout, I never use more than one scoop

U

UKStrength

I´ve been off stims...oooohhh, 1 week! :D

To be honest I don´t think I could go completely ´stim free´ I enjoy my stims pre-workout too much.

im not the only person who can drink coffee and go to sleep!
Mate I´m pretty much the same, i have to pack away a heck of a lot of caffeiene to keep me awake!

Hardcore stims is where it´s at..¨:)

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't even begin to imagine drinking that much coffee. If I drink one cup, I MEAN 8oz, it tears my stomach something awful. Needless to day, I find myself in the toilet for about 10 minutes afterward, so I just don't drink it.
Its called tolerance and we're really good at this with caffeine.

For a non-caffeine drinker .. 30mgx80 ~ 2.5g per day, could be fatal.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a beleiver in cycling caffiene. Generally I used caffiene when Im cutting , carbs are low and energy is needed. other than that when i cycle off of it I do a transition lowering the caffiene dose while when I feel my body stablizing from low dosed caffiene(like the way you work your way up only working the opposite way down) I go off it completely while using tyrosine. It slowly gets me ready for it instead of cold turkey and with drawals. depending on how high dosing is it may take 2-4 to get off it caffiene completely. you dose it lower but not to the point of too low fatigued feeling its gradual.

any-one else tried tapering off slowly while using tyrosine?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm... good question and good approach.

I take tyrosine (1g per day) but never found it to be have any instant effect. NADH, co-Q and perhaps co-A does (empty stomach).

Caffeine is a bad stimulant. I hate it and I particularly hate the inability to get away from the stuff using 'energy stacks'. There is a legal stimulant based on modafinil which is way less dangerous - ok it is slower and expensive but better IMO.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Intelligent approach ;)

I'm a beleiver in cycling caffiene. Generally I used caffiene when Im cutting , carbs are low and energy is needed. other than that when i cycle off of it I do a transition lowering the caffiene dose while when I feel my body stablizing from low dosed caffiene(like the way you work your way up only working the opposite way down) I go off it completely while using tyrosine. It slowly gets me ready for it instead of cold turkey and with drawals. depending on how high dosing is it may take 2-4 to get off it caffiene completely. you dose it lower but not to the point of too low fatigued feeling its gradual.

any-one else tried tapering off slowly while using tyrosine?

B

bodyfort

Awards

you can enevr give up something that so suddenly for so long. Try tea variations and teavana has them for you to choose. I would go for black tea for a couple months

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you can enevr give up something that so suddenly for so long. Try tea variations and teavana has them for you to choose. I would go for black tea for a couple months
I do caffeine for a couple months at a time, usually dieting phases and thats all. i dont use it for energy when my carbs are up because I dont need it.

is the stimulation there ? no

do I really need it for energy when carbs are up? No

I know it has side effects and you dont feel that caffiene buzz kicking in every morning . i have come off caffiene many many times and had no issues. maybe a headache the next couple days or weeks but nothing I couldnt handle. Tyrosine works for be when coming off caffiene

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats insane suncloud, Ive never heard of anything like that in my life., I got up to 3-4 xl tim hortons 3x3, and that to me and everyone else was unheard of.