Can you take too much Alcar?

1. Can you take too much Alcar?

I am running an uncoupler so added FFA transportation is very beneficial for me right now.

Would 2.8g of ALCAR 3-4 times a day be dangerous?

2. In general, L-carnitine appears to be well tolerated; toxic effects related to L-carnitine overdose have not been reported. L-carnitine supplementation may cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms, including nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Supplements providing more than 3,000 mg/day may cause a "fishy" body odor. Acetyl-L-carnitine has been reported to increase agitation in some Alzheimer's disease patients and to increase seizure frequency and/or severity in some individuals with seizure disorders (95). Only the L-isomer of carnitine is biologically active, and the D-isomer may actually compete with L-carnitine for absorption and transport, thereby increasing the risk of L-carnitine deficiency (3). Supplements containing a mixture of the D- and L-isomers (D,L-carnitine) have been associated with muscle weakness in patients with kidney disease. Controlled studies examining the safety of L-carnitine supplementation in pregnant and breastfeeding women are lacking (95).
    I would assume the same would apply to ALCAR.

DNP OR SA?

3. what is SA?

4. im taking 5g a day and i havent seen any sides if that helps
    For me, the action IS the juice.

5. Learned more since I posted this:

Apparently carnitines deplete choline and plcar is better for FFA transportation anyway.

Similar Forum Threads

1. ALCAR
    By benj851 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 11:32 PM
  2. ALCAR & AEE
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 04:40 PM
  3. ALA vs. ALCAR
    By lawnboy246 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6