summary of numerous nootropics

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Okay I’ve made a list of several nootropic agents below. The idea is to give the forum a general understanding of these compounds outside of stacks. Generally the stacks poorly represent the broad range of available supplements.

I have not cross checked this list for accuracy ( time is my master), so double check relevant information. Some of the information will be inaccurate, but gives a rough guide. Basically it is an almost complete (few things omitted) download of my memory.

I usually check my supplement intake for contra-indication with my physcian. Would advise everyone to do likewise. It is not definitive by any means but all supplements are legally obtained in the US market and I’ve since found in the UK market resulting from health stores importing the US product range (yippee!).

Sulbutiamine – synthetic B1. Medical use is to relieve chronic fatigue syndrome. A powerful supplement, which is really a drug. Presumably this will give loads of energy. Found in Core Zap and the other big stack the name of which escapes me. Maximum dose per day is 600mg. Do not exceed. Core Zap is just within the recommended limit.
Picamilon – synthetic B3 bound to GABA. Medical use unknown. Function, enables B3 to cross into the brain where is gives strong vasodilation. It is a powerful supplementDeveloped originally by the Russians.
Pyritinol – synthetic B6. Medical use unknown. Function unknown. Never tried it.
Phenibut – derivative of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA (if my memory serves me correctly). Powerful anti-anxiety drug. Develops rapid tolerance. Occasional use only. Withdrawal leads to anxiety and insomnia. Developed by the Russians, where I presume it is an underused alternative to vodka.
GABA - anti-anxiety. Hits the GABA pathway.
PEA – phenylethylamine. It is a precursor to both serotonin, GABA and dopamine pathway. Uses – don’t bother. Making it bio-available through the alimentary canal route is dangerous because it involves inactivating enzymes in the liver (MAO). Used in fat-burners, along with hordenine to inactive MAO. Another more long lasting MAO inhibitor is used in conjunction with hordenine in at least one commercially available fat burner. I would have thought this was a dangerous supplement because if you get the delivery correct it will stimulate all 3 dopamine, serotonin and GABA pathways, which I suspect could lead to severe withdrawl symptoms. Low bio-availability is the only thing blocking this.
Tyrosine – amino acid. It is very probably effective at targeting the dopamine pathway. Tyrosine -> L-dope -> dopamine.
ALCAR – amino acid. No evidence that it is a nootropic agent to my knowledge.
PAS – phosphatylserine an amino acid. It is widely considered to have nootropic effects. Primarily used to cap the cortisol response. A great all round supplement but an expensive one, so buy it from Primordial unless you find a bulk supplier but then the quality will be in doubt.
Theanine – directly crosses the blood membrane barrier and seems to promote relaxation. Without question a nootropic agent, precisely what it does I dunno.
Taurine – is probably a nootropic agent with cholinergic functions.
Choline and inositol. Widely available supplements which just don’t seem to do anything. I personally don’t think that choline will cross the blood-brain barrier because many neurotransmitters can’t do this once they are no longer precursors. I think using a choline precursor, i.e. alpha GPC is a better idea.
DMAE – a great cholinergic agent and its cheap
Centrophenoxine is DMAE with a plant alkaloid. Considered more powerful than the above. Is used to for medical condition involving some sort of confusion.
Alpha GPC. Besides nicotine this is the strongest cholinergic agent, at least in the short term. It is a precursor of choline – the vital molecular of neurotranmission.
Nicotine. Rapid tolerance, highly addictive, could be legally used as a transdermal patch in excess, e.g. for competition and will promote alertness. Very occasional use only primarily to check out the effectiveness of cholinergic agents. If nicotine doesn’t ‘hit the button’ the rest of the cholinergic stuff here will have no effect. An expensive and dangerous addiction for many, including mum.
Caffeine – illegal in excess for atheletes. Dangerous nootropic agent due rapid tolerance, addiction and reduction in deep sleep. Mostly ineffective because most of us have a fair degree of tolerance to it already. Causes a cortisol spike. This isn’t a good idea pre-work out, but post work out that’s good. Then again just taken a high GI carb, post work out.
Geranium (1,3-Dimethylpentylamine). A drug Merck developed but didn’t know what to do with and eventually became a supplement. I dunno what it does and can’t be bothered to find out. Added to several stacks including Core Zap and the other big stack the name of which escapes me.
Piracetam, – the classic nootropic agent. Considered harmless in excess. Harmless all round. Sweets probably have a greater nootropic effect than piracetam and are probably much more harmful causing tooth decay and in the long run diabetes. So with piracetam you can't lose! Given its status it is 'untouchable'. Really it is used in combination with say cholinergenic compounds where it can enhance their effect.
Interlectol (vinpocetine) – cheap supplement included in Focus XT. It could have numerous side effects. Never heard that it was “great”, so it might not be. It could cause liver damage – I am not sure.
Huperzine A - plant alkaloid readily available. It could have a long term benefit, I found no short term benefit.

Psycho-stimulants are not considered to be nootropic agents in this definition, e.g. Adderall. These are dangerous, resulting in rapid tolerance, addiction, could cause severe cardio-vascular problems and would be illegal to obtain. They are very readily abused. In any case there is no need to use them because if the above list isn’t enough then get urgent professional attention from a variety of sources. There is one “psycho-stimulant” that is supposed to be a legal supplement in the US I have never come across it as a supplement though. Pity it’s one of the two good ones.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Anyway when I've a bit more time I'll go through what various stacks have got and how they map against the list above.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to revive this to make sure it doesn't get buried and....
Slim Xtreme dumped aniracetam into their stack.

Okay this is interesting. This is an expensive racetam and its pretty potent. Fat soluable so don't over dose. It has some alleged impact on the dopamine pathway (probably not great) and it is expensive for a standard 800mg dose. Not massively expensive but sort of PAS type price (phosphatylserine - or however its spelt).

I'd sure like to know how much is in the stack. If there is a good dose what you do is start bouncing against a cholinergenic agent and other non-racetam based nootropics. This forms a real synergistic effect, or at least is alleged to. Slim Xtreme have also dumped a new B1-analogue into the brew.

I've no idea what this is or what it does but it'll almost certainly cross into the brain. I'll have a guess that its a sort of chronic fatigue type thing, i.e. give loads of energy.

Anyway it'd be a good idea to try and take a realistic stock of what is in these stacks and get some breakdown of how effective they are against their constituent parts. Perhaps its boring you guys - you just want a product but if you know how each part performs you get some idea in advance of what you are buying and what the long term benefit might be. E.g.

Hyperzine A is supposed to have long term neuro-protective benefits, so it could be worth it, but just seem to have any short term benefit but it is in a stack it could be a useful addition.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Many thanks, this is a useful in linking the underlying studies.

A few things to watch for:
1. Technically anything that gets into the brain is a nootropic agent. Like alcohol is on this definition. Alot of the time there isn't a noticable effect.
2. A fair few studies are on mice and that is really, really, really useful .... if you are a mouse.
3. There's a lot of variation person to person. So there should be variation mouse to human.

Browsing through this list.
Hydergine - has a good reputation and supposed to combine with piracetam
Armodafinil - is supposed to be a supplement (alertness) that was the stimulant I mentioned above.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So could you break down SX exactly by ingredient and what it does?

Would be awesome.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Simple answer from one of the AX reps ... its a secret!

How predictable.... If we get together and have a shot.

AX have set themselves their own problem. They've got 3 products on the market Stimulant-X, Slim Xtreme and Slim FX - there appears to be no info on the difference between them. If AX could tell us the difference between the products there's a better chance of teasing them apart.

The B1-analogue though does look novel and its common to all of them. It could be based on sulbutiamine (B1 analogue) - chronic fatigue syndrome drug, by comparing against Core Zap then we're in with a chance. Although if they came up with the sterochemistry I don't wanna go back to my organic chemistry training to figure the similarity.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No evidence showing ALCAR to be a nootropic? I don't really agree with that assumption.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I was waiting for that....

Of course there is, the stuff I've seen is more equivocal though.

I use ALCAR, but do I see any benefit personally? No ... not an ounce and thats really what this based on. I want either massive overwhelming evidence ... like its used as drug, e.g. tyrosine, co-Q, synthetic B1 etc.. or I use it and it works, or its piracetam.

Why do I use ALCAR? Well if maybe it has neuro-protection, I prefer not to take the chance. Maybe it has a long term benefit that I've not noticed. For some however no doubt its a supplement that has a noticeable effect, if so would like to hear.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Interesting RE: Sx.

I am fully aware that i have no idea what goes into these secret stacks but i consume them anyway.

Ive heard all sorts of horror stories about such stacks (prolonged use) but still continue to use? Why? I think you have highlighted it above; addiction.

Im not 3 days off SX and am having what i can only call withdrawral symtoms also the fatigue is insane, i could sleep 20 hours a day, have fallen asleep at my desk and 3 times nearly when driving.

Im not attributing this to the SX directly but little else has changed.

Would sourcing Sulbutiamine on an individual basis be viable? Sounds right up my street.

Going to order some core zap to contrast and compare with my 3 month SX run.

If anything, this is has highlighted i need to know what im putting into my body, its a secret, will no longer cut it for me im afraid, especially after the near miss with a 40 ton truck i had this week.

The SX is powerful, amazing and highly recommended but the rammifications of long term use can only be understood by the end user if we know whats in the blend.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Yeah there's two worries:
1. The B1-analogue has some unknown long term impact
2. The cortisol response needs dampening

I think that the B1-analogue AX are using is based round sulbutiamine which has a good safety record. The FDA would have stepped in otherwise.

My main worry is the long term high cortisol - the big stress factor.

I've found using phosphatylserine takes out the punch - caps cortisol. Its expensive though. AX have got Slim FX to achieve this it looks promising but really when I get my Xtreme order in I'll be comparing Slim FX with phosphatylserine (PAS).

I've started to use PAS specifically to cap the cortisol response from nootropic stacks. It works really takes the jitters out of the product. The other things are usual stuff ...eating every 3 hours, avoiding sugar (except perhaps post work out), low GI carbs and using adaptogens.

My main criticism of AX is they don't emphasize the need to dampen the cortisol response enough but they appear to have a product to do it.

Interesting RE: Sx.

I am fully aware that i have no idea what goes into these secret stacks but i consume them anyway.

Ive heard all sorts of horror stories about such stacks (prolonged use) but still continue to use? Why? I think you have highlighted it above; addiction.

Im not 3 days off SX and am having what i can only call withdrawral symtoms also the fatigue is insane, i could sleep 20 hours a day, have fallen asleep at my desk and 3 times nearly when driving.
... addiction (tolerance) is always a problem and cycling stimulants (essential), or nootropics is what I do to avoid it. The stuff I'm trying at the moment isn't great 'Atro-phex'. I stick with the 'protective' stuff and switch between stacks and take big time outs. You've got to be really carefully if the stuff is boosting the dopamine pathway; caffeine is terrible for this.

Would sourcing Sulbutiamine on an individual basis be viable? Sounds right up my street.
I've never found sulbutiamine by itself. Its in X-Force as well but you can buy Methylhexaneamine (geranium) by itself but I don't think its good value. Picamilion is easy to buy but its 'energy' stuff. The other thing is to shift to Stimulant-X and perhaps then Slim FX but Core Zap and X-Force are good.

Going to order some core zap to contrast and compare with my 3 month SX run.

If anything, this is has highlighted i need to know what im putting into my body, its a secret, will no longer cut it for me im afraid, especially after the near miss with a 40 ton truck i had this week.

The SX is powerful, amazing and highly recommended but the rammifications of long term use can only be understood by the end user if we know whats in the blend.
40-ton .... geeeee glad your still hear.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Pramiracetam is being advertised here. This is a potent as aniracetam but has concerns about possible liver damage. Its a piracetam based compound but more potent. It is not in the same league as AX Xtreme though.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
The AX guys kindly PM'd me with a full break down of their products. It makes sense. I'll post the update here. Basically Xtreme is using XL forumla - time release. Its clever stuff indeed for a supplement. What they're doing is giving a big dose of synthetic-B1 but using the time release to prevent us getting energised to oblivion.

Mars1107

im also wondering why everyone is going crazy over slim xtreme

-Cocoa Seed concentrate (standardized for methylxanthines equal to 100mg caffeine/cap)

okay 100mg per cap, but there also could be theobromine,theophyline, right? theres other stuff in cocoa seed.

-AminoSlim-4
4 different amino acids? big whoop, in very small dosages? big whoop, i dont see this as doing much.

-Aneurin DBE™ (Thiamine disulfide butyrate ester),

okay basically sublatamine in a time released form, nice, this will have an effect.

-Acai Berry 4:1 extract (standardized to 10% polyphenolic antioxidants)

okay an antioxidant, kind of offset the free radical damage of caffiene, but doesnt give you energy

-Cha'de Bugre 10:1 extract (standardized for purine metabolites)

i think this a really good appetite suppresent, but energy, no i dont think so.

-Aniracetam

okay the dose their giving you is worthless,

Commonly used doses are 750-3,000 mg daily usually taken in 2-3 doses.

the pill contain 500mg of ingrediants and anarcitam is the last on the list, im guessing they would be putting maybe anywhere from 1mg to 100mg, probally 50mg, eitherway very under dosed racetam.

I want to check this product, but i mean, it looks like average to me on paper, i dont know why i see so many post saying its awesome, too strong, unless theyre spiking it with something else.

im not trying to dump on AX, i like their other products, but this product seems a little average to me on paper.

Mars1107

I was waiting for that....

Of course there is, the stuff I've seen is more equivocal though.

I use ALCAR, but do I see any benefit personally? No ... not an ounce and thats really what this based on. I want either massive overwhelming evidence ... like its used as drug, e.g. tyrosine, co-Q, synthetic B1 etc.. or I use it and it works, or its piracetam.

Why do I use ALCAR? Well if maybe it has neuro-protection, I prefer not to take the chance. Maybe it has a long term benefit that I've not noticed. For some however no doubt its a supplement that has a noticeable effect, if so would like to hear.
acetyl l cartinine i think will add a little in like a 1g dose, with 1g dose tyrosine, with some added energy when stacked with some stimulants, its not amazing, definately needs to be in a stack, with multiple stuff, as with most nootropics.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Someone on a nootropic thread indirectly asked about getting hold of sulbutiamine absolute Absolute Quality Bulk do it and its cheap.

Long term thats what I'll do to cut out the caffeine content. Geranium is easier to get hold of by itself and so is Interlectol so its not hard to build a stack. Its invariably more expensive though.

Mars1107

Someone on a nootropic thread indirectly asked about getting hold of sulbutiamine absolute Absolute Quality Bulk do it and its cheap.

Long term thats what I'll do to cut out the caffeine content. Geranium is easier to get hold of by itself and so is Interlectol so its not hard to build a stack. Its invariably more expensive though.
yes, ive tried that brand of sublatamine, but i dont think they make new batches, the last time i ordered, the exp was 10/09, unless they made new batches, i dont think u should buy it.

The stuff was very good, but i noticed it took more mg's this time to get the same effects.

By the way bulk sub, is VERY VERY VERY bitter, need to cap it in most cases. Ive mixed it with strong black coffe, and its very nice, but very bitter. lots of splenda i added. I think it works quicker when u do it like this though. Coffe plus 1g sub, equals a fairly nice dopamine high. Its pretty cool.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I better finish this before I forget..

I tried AX Slim Xtreme (or whatever its called). Yep it works. I used / use Core zap to boost across the day but one cap of Xtreme seems fine.

I was surprised I've a rapid tolerance to sulbutiamine.

Okay then ...
Xtreme is heavy duty time released sulbutiamine. It seems more powerful than that.
There's a few amino acids in there and as Mars pointed out a low level nootropic. The product is really focussed around the ADE. I suspect they have modified it chemically, its a common practice in drug development.

Slim FX - I've got this one as well. I didn't notice anything dramatic. The rep informed me that DBE was at its lowest (I think) strength. Going through the ingredients its all about cortisol control, vit-C something called 17b-triol (which I never heard of), ALCAR. Then they are trying to boost serotonin - I hate it when they try that. They've this funky sterol in Beta sitosterol. I've heard of it, like alot of sterols seems to get up to loads. They were claiming it normalizes cortisol against DHEA.

Basically Slim is cutting (part. PCT). I think I'll keep my stock on the shelf ;)

Stimulant-X DBE not as strong as Xtreme (person com. rep). They are getting their drive from geranium. Lasts 8 hours something like that. So Stim-X for the gym.

Thats it really the synthetic B1 looks like sulbutiamine but the way it behaves it ain't. It seems stronger and it enables you to load over the top and get a boost. Its alot stronger than the nootropics I've listed above.

Okay next 'nootropic' on the list is octapamine - hands down. Looked into it looks good biochemistry, when my Xtreme cycle is down, octopamine (thats the right spelling I think) is the next thing to test.

Big thanks to T-AD. :cheers:

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I've got some stuff wrong in the above post. I've called LeanFX 'SlimFX'!!!

Okay here's a summary from T-AD. I'd misrepresented it a bit.
AneurinDBE (trademarked).
StimX, it is a bit less pronounced.
LeanFX, moderate roll in controlling appetite.
SX, it is a time-released version in a larger dose.

Stimulation
StimX is a bit more harsh - 8-hour formula and a bit more caffeine-feeling
LeanFX is very very mild, (yep I didn't notice it)
SX, is powerful.

SX unique (potential danger) any other "dirty" stim like caffeine, yohimbine, etc. can reignite the formula. Yep I noticed that with Core Zap.

Be careful with coffee. Instead use AX SX Boosters.

Boosters powered by aDBE, but not time-released. No crash.
-------------
My comment. It will need cycling. I don't think sticking with any dopamine/noradrenalin (norepinephrine) antagonist is a good move on a permanent basis. Sulbutiamine pulls off some neat neurological tricks BTW. I'll log back with the octopamine stuff and I think this thread done.

Anyone know any other time release stims? Would handy.

hl80

Awards
Wow great idea, good thread.

I've tried quite a bit of supplements, and although nootropics haven't been my reason, I've noticed some of their effects. Ultima thus far has given me best results.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
what are your sources for the info? I saw some stuff i have read contradicting yours.
i.e. - GABA serves the perpose of relaxing. It IS a neurotransmiter, dont believe it "hits" a pathway.
Caffeine has never been proven to be addictive but only expresses the signs of withdrawl like some drugs that are addictive. The cortisol spike is a broken record and hardly makes a difference. Caffeine is actually one of the safest stims(i know we're speaking of in nootropic realm)
I have other things to add or see why you said them but im a bit tire and would rather wait to see a few sources.
Good idea/post but i think its a bit empty and sort of opinion based.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Source ... usage, except of course where there is a requirement for prescription. In this case I haven't used it (obviously). One of the uses is to understand what is in each 'stack' so by reading the label is to understand the ingredients.

1. GABA : 'Hitting' a pathway: l-dopa (dopamine precursor) 'hits' the dopamine pathway in the same way, it is part of the pathway. I suppose you thought 'hitting' was receptor antagonizing, which I would say also 'hits' the pathway. Its terminology, in an undergrad exam you are right, but this ain't an undergrad exam (I'm biochemistry BTW).
2. Caffeine isn't addictive? ... no comment!!! :lol:
3. Caffeine safest stims .. WRONG its modofinil or adrafinil. Any handbook on medical pharmacology will explain this. Modafinil is prescription but adranfinil is a legal supplement in the US (allegedly). Caffine is safer by far the so called "psycho-stimulants" sure but they are pretty addictive (stuff like Adderall). Again any practitioners handbook will tell you this. To suggest caffeine is 'safe' I think is a very dangerous statement indeed from several professional viewpoints.
4. Cortisol spike .. not exactly sure what you mean. If you are claiming it isn't important ... bit worried. If you are claiming caffeine doesn't induce a cortisol spike ... bit worried. The whole point is homeostatsis and the reason to most people here is that cortisol and test are inversely related. Cortisol spikes might have their uses post work out, although most appear to take BCAA. Otherwise the idea is to dampen cortisol 'spikes'. Then again I don't understand your comment 'a broken record'. Again I'm a bit worried by what you are trying to imply here.

Anyway critique is welcome as generally speaking its my perspective (not always however e.g. caffeine). On a forum I tend to use scientifically 'loose' terms that in a professional context I wouldn't get away with, but yeah given points 2,3 and 4 -- I agree tiring.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Wow great idea, good thread.

I've tried quite a bit of supplements, and although nootropics haven't been my reason, I've noticed some of their effects. Ultima thus far has given me best results.
Would like to know more. I saw it for sale but couldn't find out what was in it.

Persian1012

Persian1012

Awards
I've got some stuff wrong in the above post. I've called LeanFX 'SlimFX'!!!

Okay here's a summary from T-AD. I'd misrepresented it a bit.
AneurinDBE (trademarked).
StimX, it is a bit less pronounced.
LeanFX, moderate roll in controlling appetite.
SX, it is a time-released version in a larger dose.

Stimulation
StimX is a bit more harsh - 8-hour formula and a bit more caffeine-feeling
LeanFX is very very mild, (yep I didn't notice it)
SX, is powerful.

SX unique (potential danger) any other "dirty" stim like caffeine, yohimbine, etc. can reignite the formula. Yep I noticed that with Core Zap.

Be careful with coffee. Instead use AX SX Boosters.

Boosters powered by aDBE, but not time-released. No crash.
-------------
My comment. It will need cycling. I don't think sticking with any dopamine/noradrenalin (norepinephrine) antagonist is a good move on a permanent basis. Sulbutiamine pulls off some neat neurological tricks BTW. I'll log back with the octopamine stuff and I think this thread done.

Anyone know any other time release stims? Would handy.
Your doing Gods work man. Thank you :) .... What would you recommend me to cycle onto after im done with my SX?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
There are heaps and heaps of fat burner out there which all antagonize the depamine/epinephrine pathway. Octopamine (I think) is one (I think this is also called norsynephrine), synephrine (sp.?) is another and most are wrapped in some sort of commerical fat-burner. Ohh I forgeot although I've not really tried the last two yohimbine HCL will work and work well. Its potent stuff though so be careful.

Also I try resting from them. You can't keep stimulating epinephrine because you're body doesn't like it. Admittedly SX doesn't do this.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
There are heaps and heaps of fat burner out there which all antagonize the depamine/epinephrine pathway. Octopamine (I think) is one (I think this is also called norsynephrine), synephrine (sp.?) is another and most are wrapped in some sort of commerical fat-burner. Ohh I forgeot although I've not really tried the last two yohimbine HCL will work and work well. Its potent stuff though so be careful.

Also I try resting from them. You can't keep stimulating epinephrine because you're body doesn't like it. Admittedly SX doesn't do this.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Source ... usage, except of course where there is a requirement for prescription. In this case I haven't used it (obviously). One of the uses is to understand what is in each 'stack' so by reading the label is to understand the ingredients.

1. GABA : 'Hitting' a pathway: l-dopa (dopamine precursor) 'hits' the dopamine pathway in the same way, it is part of the pathway. I suppose you thought 'hitting' was receptor antagonizing, which I would say also 'hits' the pathway. Its terminology, in an undergrad exam you are right, but this ain't an undergrad exam (I'm biochemistry BTW).
2. Caffeine isn't addictive? ... no comment!!! :lol:
I see where youre coming from. Im a Microbio/Cell Physiology major(undergrad) but i understand you have a full step on me in the sense of you major. I also meant source for info, wasnt clear on why you just typed source...?
I get the terms. I thought we were mor eon OTC supps. I also agree cortisol sucks. Its should be considered always only in a negative way.

Trauma1 recently posted a thread/info on cortisol on another site, SoM.

I am not a huge fan of stims in general. I been trying to get off caffeine for awhile now. I did not mean it is not addictive, i am saying in a sense of nicotine i havent heard it triggering that sense of addictiveness. Like gambling...see what im saying?
carry on.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Trauma1 recently posted a thread/info on cortisol on another site, SoM.
Thanks I'll check it out.
I am not a huge fan of stims in general. I been trying to get off caffeine for awhile now. I did not mean it is not addictive, i am saying in a sense of nicotine i havent heard it triggering that sense of addictiveness. Like gambling...see what im saying?
carry on.
Yeah understand. I quit caffeine and was really, really tired for the next week.

jcdenton

Awards
matthias great thread! I was looking for long lasting stimulant / focus agent too. Have you tried Phenadrine? I think it has good energy and focus with no jitter. It's supposed to contain a compound similar to amphetamine.

Those are the ingredients:

Phenylean Proprietary Matrix 750 mg
- N-Acetyl Tyrosine (supposed amount 500mg)
- Icariin (50%) (..100mg)
- Caffeine Anhydrous (..100mg)
- 1,3 Dimethylamylamine (..30mg?)
- N-Methyl-Beta-Methylphenylethylamine HCL (..10mg)
- Methylsynephrine (..10mg)

I tried most of the ingredient alone, Tyrosine give me good focus at 1.5g, icariin..nothing for me but was low dose caps, caffeine.. I'm addicted.., geranium.. still to try but seems interesting, M-Beta-MPEA..magic one, synephrine ( tried hcl) ... give mild energy.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Okay caffeine will not do much ... you're tolerant. It might vaso-constrict and cause the other stuff to 'hit their targets' quicker.
Icariin - is very low. For me this stuff works but at like x5 that dose.
Geranium - it doesn't do much for me but suppose to be the closest thing to adrenalin (I think that is just a rumour).
tyrosine - thats at half strength 1g a day is a standard dose.
Synephrine - fat burner. Supposed to be the next in line after the banned Ephedrine. Ephedrine however is not illegal. So technically you could buy and import from outside US. Its banned from dietary supplements I think.

All in all these ingredients look quite low. You'd probably get away with 3 tablets per day. Don't take any caffeine in addition to this though (e.g. coffee). Thats the problem with all this stuff - the caffeine limits the stacking potential.

At a guess caffeine/Synephrine/gerranium may work together and get the tyrosine to produce dopamine (possibly). That would give you an energy kick. Generally I'm not convinced here.

Slim Xtreme is the product of the moment however. That does kick.

The other chemical that is interesting is Octopamine. I've got a batch but not tried it.

Oh if you want to blow yourself to the next dimension RPN's Eviscerate is the thing to use. You'll shred every bit of fat you apply it to in the process though. Pretty lethal then again so is Slim Xtreme.

jcdenton

Awards
(note that the ingredients quantity is a personal estimate)

I forgot to say that I tried phenadrine and is working really good (1 capsule) and is lasting more than usual. And I used many thermo and stimulant ( still not slim xtreme).
So if every ingredient is low dosed probably the Methyl-beta-MethylPEA is doing his job.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
Nice list.

One thing about the Phenibut...I believe it's actually a prescription drug in Russia.