Best Multivitamin ?

Heavy Weight

Awards
and why ???

Ive been using Centrum Performance for about 5 years, just want to see what others have moved on too?

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Animal Pak is what I use now. Orange triad is definitely a good choice. No personal experience with it, but I've heard a lot of positive feedback from the trainers at my gym (I turned em on to it).

pfafkl13

Awards
I love orange triad. Also heard good things about Now - Adam

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
I use Animal Pak. Allot of pills to take.

Korben

Korben

Awards
Adam.. used it forever it great!

Just started Orange Triad this past Monday... seems ok so far.

Animal Pak is a classic, great product which I will probably run after OT. I just like to change it up every month or every other month.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
I use Men's One-a-day Active/Energy. It doesn't matter much if you have a well balanced diet.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MST's MVP is a great multivit

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
What: Animal Pak with food and lots of h20

When: 3-5 times a week, usually a couple double dosages around squat day and the day after.

Why: I can feel the difference and my pee turns green. :) lol

keeper

I've read a lot about multi supplements lately b/c of a conversation I overheard at the gym. One of the guys talking is a plumber who also services septic tanks. He said that he used to serve as assistant water works director in St. Louis. He's seen literally thousands of perfect, undissolved, in-tact vitamin pills, (on some of which you can still even read the maker's stamp) in the canals of St. L's city sewer plant as well as in the septic tanks he pumps. I gathered from that discussion that pre-dissolved multi sup's are much more readily absorbed by our bodies. After some research, I have been using Ruby Reds for a couple of months, but there are other good ones.

I don't know a lot about the science behind it, but I can say for sure that I get hungrier and have specific cravings when I miss taking RR in the morning. It has no appetite suppressant, so that tells me some basic nutritional needs must be being met by the compound.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Centrum liquid because the profile is good enough to supplement a proper diet, it's cheap and you can get it anywhere. Like Keeper I have read a lot of info about multis not being digested and that high heat is used in the manufacture of some of the big name multis which destroys some of the content. It's nasty but after drinking pounds of the early protein powders nothing tastes all that bad to me supplement wise.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and why ???

Ive been using Centrum Performance for about 5 years, just want to see what others have moved on too?
MHP's Activite Sport and Controlled Labs' Orange Triad are excellent multivitamin products. NOW Adam is also a cheap and pretty good option for males. I'm currently using Complete-Balance by Applied Nutriceuticals.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MST's Activite Sport and Controlled Labs' Orange Triad are excellent multivitamin products. NOW Adam is also a cheap and pretty good option for males. I'm currently using Complete-Balance by Applied Nutriceuticals.

I think you mean MHP's Activite Guejsn...MST's is called MVP.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you mean MHP's Activite Guejsn...MST's is called MVP.
Yep, I did (and it is the best multivitamin I have ever used); cheers for picking that up.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mst's mvp/zmk is the best multi out there, for our purposes, but its really pricey. I take orange triad, on my 3rd consecutive bottle. The new updated formula is better than ever, iit has great anti-oxidant and joint components which would cost around $20 a month on their own, and it is 45 full servings for $30. You can't beat it.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh, and controlled labs has tested the pills; they dissolve in 45 minutes in the stomach.

Korben

Korben

Awards
I've read a lot about multi supplements lately b/c of a conversation I overheard at the gym. One of the guys talking is a plumber who also services septic tanks. He said that he used to serve as assistant water works director in St. Louis. He's seen literally thousands of perfect, undissolved, in-tact vitamin pills, (on some of which you can still even read the maker's stamp) in the canals of St. L's city sewer plant as well as in the septic tanks he pumps. I gathered from that discussion that pre-dissolved multi sup's are much more readily absorbed by our bodies. After some research, I have been using Ruby Reds for a couple of months, but there are other good ones.

I don't know a lot about the science behind it, but I can say for sure that I get hungrier and have specific cravings when I miss taking RR in the morning. It has no appetite suppressant, so that tells me some basic nutritional needs must be being met by the compound.

Centrum liquid because the profile is good enough to supplement a proper diet, it's cheap and you can get it anywhere. Like Keeper I have read a lot of info about multis not being digested and that high heat is used in the manufacture of some of the big name multis which destroys some of the content. It's nasty but after drinking pounds of the early protein powders nothing tastes all that bad to me supplement wise.
I actually don't know any company that still uses Hot tablet technology to produce tablet. That is very old technology, that was widely used in the 50s and 60s not today. You may not want to get the store brand of multi but any reputable company tablet multis should be fine. But Liquids are also a viable option.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMO a the Ultimate Mens from Walmart works just fine. Dont get caught up on which MVI is better, there are somethings to watch out for when purchasing one but you take it in order to SUPPLEMENT your diet. Your diet should be getting most of these nutrients found in a MVI. A lot of companies give you like 1341% of your daily value................just gonna piss it out. I would not waste my money on anything like MegaMen GNC or anything else.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
NOW ADAM
Controlled Labs Orange Triad
MST MVP

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMO a the Ultimate Mens from Walmart works just fine. Dont get caught up on which MVI is better, there are somethings to watch out for when purchasing one but you take it in order to SUPPLEMENT your diet. Your diet should be getting most of these nutrients found in a MVI. A lot of companies give you like 1341% of your daily value................just gonna piss it out. I would not waste my money on anything like MegaMen GNC or anything else.
The usrda is bullshit. Some values were not developed for humans, others, like vitamin c, were designed to prevent specific diseases, like scurvy, and still others are designed for average people eating perfect diets. None of the usrda's take athletes, poor eaters, the lower density of nutrients in todays foods and produce, etc. Into account.

Taking vitamin c as an example, 60mg is what is neded to prevent scurvy, but that amount is negligible for ultimate health, immune, and anti-oxidant purposes.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am failing to see how any of that had anything to do with my post.....

even if you did take in all that once your body would probably not utilize all of it...still leading to the fact that your gonna piss it out.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Now Adam for profile and price. OT is very good too as is Animal Pak. However from a price persepctive, little beats Adam IMO

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am failing to see how any of that had anything to do with my post.....

even if you did take in all that once your body would probably not utilize all of it...still leading to the fact that your gonna piss it out.
You said nutrition should come from diet, and multi's are over-dosed. The fact is even fresh produce and whole grains today have less nutrition than 50-100 years ago, due to crappy farming practices and ultimate greed. As healthy as you think you may eat, you are probably falling short in some areas, forget your average joe who knows little about health and nutrition. Add in the stresses of being athletic, and even good eaters may be deficient, due to much higher needs. A good multi addresses all this, and to assume you are pissing it out is pretty silly.

Large numbers of americans are deficient in vitamins and minerals (something like 70% are deficient in magnesium), and it isn't centrum that's gonna save em. ;)

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
But of course you piss some out. Pee is neon yellow from the B vitamins.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Now Adam for profile and price. OT is very good too as is Animal Pak. However from a price persepctive, little beats Adam IMO
I'm with you on this. ADAM is great. Now if only I could remember to take the last two doses of the day! :lol: - For some reason I always forget about my multi vitamin.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mst's mvp/zmk is the best multi out there

I agree. I think there is one better, but MVP/ZMK is the best multi-vitamin / mineral combo I have ever tried. It doesn't seem too pricey to me for what you get. Definitely a good deal

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You said nutrition should come from diet, and multi's are over-dosed. The fact is even fresh produce and whole grains today have less nutrition than 50-100 years ago, due to crappy farming practices and ultimate greed. As healthy as you think you may eat, you are probably falling short in some areas, forget your average joe who knows little about health and nutrition. Add in the stresses of being athletic, and even good eaters may be deficient, due to much higher needs. A good multi addresses all this, and to assume you are pissing it out is pretty silly.

Large numbers of americans are deficient in vitamins and minerals (something like 70% are deficient in magnesium), and it isn't centrum that's gonna save em. ;)
Look at 70% of Americans. They are obese and overweight. Of course they are going to be deficient. If you have a diet on key, IMO you dont need a MVI with doses of things out the roof.

Not here to argue just giving my opinion.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Look at 70% of Americans. They are obese and overweight. Of course they are going to be deficient. If you have a diet on key, IMO you dont need a MVI with doses of things out the roof.

thank you.

animal pak FTW!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
not really sure what thats all about...
thanks for your opinion, i dont necessarily agree with you. But thats your right.

animal pak for the win!!!!!!!! dont knock them until you have tried them, remember they have been around since 1983.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks for your opinion, i dont necessarily agree with you. But thats your right.

animal pak for the win!!!!!!!! dont knock them until you have tried them, remember they have been around since 1983.
ah i see. well I think the only time it is really necessary to buy something like Animal Pak or Orange Triad is when you are on a cut. When your cutting the chances of you getting all the vitamins and minerals you need is probably pretty low.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and with all that being said, i just popped a MVI

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

:yawn: you're no fun.

:lol: ok, so why are a large percentage of athletes deficient in zinc and magnesium, in addition to other things? Because they are obese and overweight? Deficiencies cross all boundaries, due to a variety of factors

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you have a statistic or study on BB'ers being deficient in zinc and mag?

I know I have heard this too but what if they werent taking an MVI at all???

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
there are only 3 i use. MST's MVP, or pro-vite or max complete by Max Muscle. they are all very high quality, MVP and Pro-vite are ideal, as they are designed more for people who play sports or lift weights etc. but max complete is solid for when i cant get those, or its more convenient to get.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you have a statistic or study on BB'ers being deficient in zinc and mag?

I know I have heard this too but what if they werent taking an MVI at all???
I am posting from my phone, can't cut and paste. A quick google search turns up the info.

Look at a centrum label and tell me how it's going to counter a zinc or magnesium deficiency.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am posting from my phone, can't cut and paste. A quick google search turns up the info.

Look at a centrum label and tell me how it's going to counter a zinc or magnesium deficiency.
you assumed I said I used centrum and I dont. I said I take One Sources Ultimte Mens.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
MHP Activite is a good option.

-I personally don't think it really matters.

tws1

NOW Adam is one of the most economically sound options, it is also definitely one of the best multi's out there. But if price is a factor and you do not have any special vitamin needs NOW Adam I would say is probably the best all around multi for most bodybuilders.

ecupirate

Awards
I use a generic brand from a grocery store. Cheap and has everything you need

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I use a generic brand from a grocery store. Cheap and has everything you need
Everything a hard training athlete needs?

You ever compare the generic brand vitamin to a vitamin designed for a bodybuilder?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I like Double X from Nutrilite. They are produced from plants grown in organically certified farms, and are produced by dehydrating and milling the plants to retain the most nutrients in their most natural state as possible. Nutrilite has been around since 1934.

Cappy

Awards
My vote is for AI's Essentials. It's got everything in a multi plus creatine and bcaa's. I use Essentials + Joint to get the full spectrum...

blackcj7

blackcj7

Awards
MST MVP/ZMK is the best in my opinion. I believe that all of the others have Zinc and Calcium together, they will fight for absorbtion and basically cancel each other out.

Charles Poliquin says that a very large percentage of athletes/lifters are defficient in Zinc, so this is a very important supplement and should NOT be taken with Calcium to get the benefits.

keeper

MST MVP/ZMK is the best in my opinion. I believe that all of the others have Zinc and Calcium together, they will fight for absorbtion and basically cancel each other out.

Charles Poliquin says that a very large percentage of athletes/lifters are defficient in Zinc, so this is a very important supplement and should NOT be taken with Calcium to get the benefits.
Wow, so my Cal-Mag-Zinc is a waste? Extra zinc is needed b/c I lift, and calcium b/c I'm a woman. I've been popping Cal-Mag-Zinc thinking I'm covered.

blackcj7

blackcj7

Awards
High dietary calcium intakes reduce zinc absorption and balance in humans
RJ Wood and JJ Zheng
Mineral Bioavailability Laboratory, Jean Mayer US Department of Agriculture, HNRCA, Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA.

Optimal calcium intakes of 37.5 mmol(1500 mg)/d have been proposed for elderly people. We investigated the effects of calcium supplementation on zinc absorption and balance in 18 relatively healthy, postmenopausal women aged 59-86 y. All subjects received a standardized basal diet of typical foods supplying 269 mumol (17.6 mg) Zn/d and 22.2 mmol (890 mg) Ca/d during the 36-d study. In two of three experimental periods, an additional 11.7 mmol (468 mg) Ca/d as either milk or an inorganic calcium phosphate supplement was provided. Net zinc absorption and zinc balance were significantly reduced by approximately 2 mg/d during both high-calcium treatments. In a second study, conducted in a separate group of men and women aged 21-69 y, a whole-gut lavage, zinc- absorption test was used to investigate the acute effect of a 15-mmol CaCO3 (600 mg Ca) supplement, with and without extra zinc, on zinc absorption from a single test meal supplying 111.7 mumol (7.3 mg) Zn. Zinc absorption was reduced significantly by 50% when the calcium supplement was given with the meal. Inclusion of an extra 119.3 mumol (7.8 mg) Zn as part of a calcium supplement offset the detrimental effect of calcium on zinc absorption. Our findings suggest that high- calcium diets can reduce net zinc absorption and balance and may increase the zinc requirement in adult humans.
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 65, 1803-1809, Copyright © 1997 by The American Society for Clinical Nutrition, Inc

Calcium Research Results
Calcium, magnesium, zinc, fluoride, and phosphorous work together to form and maintain bones and teeth (Somer, 1995; Mahan et al, 1996).
The ratio of calcium to phosphorous and calcium to magnesium are important in the absorption, use, and excretion of these minerals (Somer, 1995; Mahan et al, 1996).
Optimal calcium absorption depends on adequate amounts of vitamin D to be available (Somer, 1995; Mahan et al, 1996).
Calcium competes with magnesium, copper, zinc and manganese for intestinal absorption (Somer, 1995).
Calcium requirements go up in the presence of excess dietary protein, fat, or phosphorous (Somer, 1995).
Calcium citrate increases absorption of aluminum from foods whereas other types of calcium reduce aluminum and lead absorption. (Somer, 1995).
Calcium may help control blood pressure by working against the negative effects of sodium chloride (Somer, 1995; Mahan et al, 1996).
The ratio of calcium to magnesium plays a role in heart disease development (Somer, 1995).