transdermal form and libido

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
i have had no libido at all lately and i've been on form for about a week now and it has done absolutely nothing for my sex drive. am i just being impatient or should the effects have kicked in by now?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you had no libido before you started the formestane? It sounds like you must have some pre-existing libido & hormonal problem that the formestane can't make up for. I would suggest seeing a doctor and finding the root issue before trying to clear it up with just supplements/herbals.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
So you had no libido before you started the formestane? It sounds like you must have some pre-existing libido & hormonal problem that the formestane can't make up for. I would suggest seeing a doctor and finding the root issue before trying to clear it up with just supplements/herbals.
yea i know but poor college student with no insurance, on top of living in NY and having to have a doctor recommendation to get a damn blood test... any way for NY to suck more money out of people they will do it. i was going to order a saliva test from primordial performance but again they can't send the results back to NY without a prescription. i'm going to see a nutritionist next week sometime and i'm pretty sure he can recommend me for a test i hope. i'm on formestane and mass fx and i feel absolutely no different that before i started it

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Purely speculation, but lets say you have low testosterone. You can have low estrogen since there's little substrate for aromatase to act on. With low E2, formestane will push it lower, hurting the libido even more and any actions on the AR by Formestane are very minor and won't lead to a libido boost in such a case. You could try something like Muira Pauma and LongJack , but the preferable route would be bloodwork.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Purely speculation, but lets say you have low testosterone. You can have low estrogen since there's little substrate for aromatase to act on. With low E2, formestane will push it lower, hurting the libido even more and any actions on the AR by Formestane are very minor and won't lead to a libido boost in such a case. You could try something like Muira Pauma and LongJack , but the preferable route would be bloodwork.
so i should get off the form and mass fx until i know what's going on? i do have some toco 8 and clomid left over if running say 20mg's a day of that for a while would be beneficial i don't know. it hasn't gotten better or worse since i started the form. never heard of muira pauma i'll have to check it out. thanks for the suggestions

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't believe the MassFX is that strong of an AI, white button IIRC so you could stay on that. I personally wouldn't stay on the formestane, as much as I love it, if it isn't doing anything for you. Toco-8 would be good to boost LH sensitivity; Clomid will boost LH & TT if you're 2ndary hypogonadic, but not if primary. It might help in the short term, but definitely not long-term due to the sides associated with the drug. Keep trying to get that bloodwork and good luck; feel free to PM me if I miss any follow up Qs.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe the MassFX is that strong of an AI, white button IIRC so you could stay on that. I personally wouldn't stay on the formestane, as much as I love it, if it isn't doing anything for you. Toco-8 would be good to boost LH sensitivity; Clomid will boost LH & TT if you're 2ndary hypogonadic, but not if primary. It might help in the short term, but definitely not long-term due to the sides associated with the drug. Keep trying to get that bloodwork and good luck; feel free to PM me if I miss any follow up Qs.
ok thanks. one of my friends moms can write prescriptions so i'll see if she can send me for a blood test. i was reading up on the topic and am in no way an expert but would it be possible for estradiol levels to be out of whack and be fixed with arimidex?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok thanks. one of my friends moms can write prescriptions so i'll see if she can send me for a blood test. i was reading up on the topic and am in no way an expert but would it be possible for estradiol levels to be out of whack and be fixed with arimidex?
Arimidex is an AI; it would lower E2 levels. So if it's high, then it can lower it, but if it's already low, then it would actually worsen things which is why you want to check the status of your hormones. Try and get LH, FSH, Estradiol, Testosterone, Bioavailable Testosterone and perhaps Prolactin. Thyroid would be good too,but I know $$ is an issue. Barebones would be total test and estrogen.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Arimidex is an AI; it would lower E2 levels. So if it's high, then it can lower it, but if it's already low, then it would actually worsen things which is why you want to check the status of your hormones. Try and get LH, FSH, Estradiol, Testosterone, Bioavailable Testosterone and perhaps Prolactin. Thyroid would be good too,but I know $$ is an issue. Barebones would be total test and estrogen.
any idea on how much that normally runs?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just curious, did you buy pre-mixed form or mix your own?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i mixed my own but it came out of solution so i tossed it and ordered premixed
a lot of guys screw up making homebrew formestane, that is why i asked. so you've used the pre-mixed td formestane with no success?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
a lot of guys screw up making homebrew formestane, that is why i asked. so you've used the pre-mixed td formestane with no success?
Good line of questioning; somehow I've never had an issue with homebrewing my own TD Form, but it's probably the practice from orgo and biochem labs in undergrad.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good line of questioning; somehow I've never had an issue with homebrewing my own TD Form, but it's probably the practice from orgo and biochem labs in undergrad.
ive made homebrew tds many times and formestane is by far the most difficult to get right. usually i will buy pre-mixed form and add what i want to it. 2 grams of bulk trione added to e-form gave such random boners i had to limit to once a day and NEVER before work, lol. i have yet to add anything to cel's td form, but the op might try the trione addition.:thumbsup:

Dath

Awards
If a person has low estrogen would taking T-911 be a bad idea?

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
ive made homebrew tds many times and formestane is by far the most difficult to get right. usually i will buy pre-mixed form and add what i want to it. 2 grams of bulk trione added to e-form gave such random boners i had to limit to once a day and NEVER before work, lol. i have yet to add anything to cel's td form, but the op might try the trione addition.:thumbsup:
i found a good one that's a lot cheaper than cel's, but u cant open it and mix in other things i don't think. it uses primorials pumps

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You mix a good batch ... I can vouch for you on that...!

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Agreed this is really important. You see you just can't shut down testo that easily.
1. Pollution - might.
2. General system slow down will (I'll not use the common term for this)
3. Having high cortisol -being really nervous and on edge. Cortisol and testo are inversly related.
4. Castration will but your adrenals can take up the slack.

I suspect you'd have noticed if 4. was true.
If 3 is true your physician will probably not help much except perhaps for anti-anxiety stuff.
If 2 is true your physician will help
If 1 is true ... thats NY true some industrial strength anti-oxidants T119 is interesting.

Taking up gym will help, using PAS (serine) will help - if you can afford it. Lots of things will help. The underlying cause is the first thing to flush out.