Trying to squash a rumor

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Hey Gang. I need a little assistance.

There is a rumor going around Halifax that Optimum Gold Standard was recently product tested and it came up that it was mostly soy.

I figured that if it were true, it would have hit the boards. I did a search on here and on BB.com and didn't realy find anything. I'm pretty bad at search engines and I haven't been on the boards in a while, but I haven't seen anything.

Distributor prices on Optimum have gone up quite a bit in the past while, forces several stores to stop selling it. I have a suspicion that one of the stores that used to sell Optimum started the rumor to try and switch over customers to another brand.

If you know anything, please, help a brother out.

Thanks,

DB2000

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
??? i highly doubt it, but i would love to hear for sure. soy tastes different, and looks different, so i cant imagine no one would notice.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
I seriously doubt it ON has been around a long time the price is high but I doubt its soy
you would be able to tell I would think as it tastes much different

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
This is totally what I was thinking. The last brand I would expect to do this is ON. The problem is I know exactly where the rumor started, and I need to be sure before I call someone a liar.

UKStrength

I think that's a load of rubbish, but I'd happily wait for someone to confirm this.

fieldt76

Awards
I seriously doubt it. Like you said, it's just a rumor. ON could lose their azz for some type of fraud and/or false advertising. Also, I refuse to believe it's true because I've been using their protein for the last 3 years.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Soy and me do not get along. I still don't have any troubles with ON.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
id bet 99% its a rumour,

question was the guy who started the rumour Patrick Arnold? hes fckn great at starting stupid rumours about other companies products to better himself!

JoeYoung

JoeYoung

Awards
id bet 99% its a rumour,

question was the guy who started the rumour Patrick Arnold? hes fckn great at starting stupid rumours about other companies products to better himself!
Haha, yeah Patrick can get like that, but it wasn't him. If it was him the boards would have exploded. I'm pretty sure it is a Halifax based supplement store owner who no longer carries Optimum and is trying to switch people over to a different brand that he does sell. Still very unethical.