AM, school me on Propecia use

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been against the idea of using Propecia. I've seen the horror stories, and something about ingesting a systemic, potent drug like that kind of weirds me out. But I hate fussy regimens, particularly when it comes to appearance. If I could pop a pill, with low sides, and be done, I would.

I'd like to hear first-hand from users how it is going, both results and side effects.

JBerto

Awards
  • Established
I'm using propecia every day for many years (along with minoxidil). It stopped my hairloss almost totally, and absolutely no sides.

Propecia + Minoxidil is a great stack to combat hairloss. (Well, it is the best stack nowadays availably).

And if you have the money to run Propecia + Minoxidil + Nizoral + a shampoo with zync pirithione, that would be fantastic.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
great feed back. thanks. i am sure that 'stack' would hit hairloss from a lot of different angles, but like i said, i hate fussy routines. i can handle popping a daily pill, but add in twice daily this and that, and i will pull my hair out by hand. :D

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1mg was too much for me sides wise; however, I have been dosing .5mg for well over 18 months with absolutely no sides. The sides on 1mg were: loss of libido (not as much as some cry about, but definitely there), somewhat puffy around the nipples (completely went away when I switched), and the high cost.

With .5mg, 1 month supply last twice as long with all the benefits: no shedding at all, full and thick hair, etc. I am happy with the choice to use Propecia.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What about lower overall gains while using it? thats something that has been a question mark about its use in general...

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I’ve had no such problems at all in that regard. I seriously think people over-amplify the sides. But that’s just my opinion
What about lower overall gains while using it? thats something that has been a question mark about its use in general...

jcdenton

Awards
But finasteride is supposed to increase free festosterone too (the amount that don't convert in DHT), so you may have more chance to lose some strength rather than mass gains. What do you guys think?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, DHT is mg for mg more anabolic than testosterone is... So idk

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1mg was too much for me sides wise; however, I have been dosing .5mg for well over 18 months with absolutely no sides. The sides on 1mg were: loss of libido (not as much as some cry about, but definitely there), somewhat puffy around the nipples (completely went away when I switched), and the high cost.

With .5mg, 1 month supply last twice as long with all the benefits: no shedding at all, full and thick hair, etc. I am happy with the choice to use Propecia.
Cool, thanks.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking about giving it a go, but inhave 2 questions:
If you experience sides with fin about how long in do they kick in?
Also, how long after stopping do they go away?

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Also, any updates on effects on strength/gains. I'm so immature that I care more about the effects on my bench max then on my sex life, but that's why I'm so great, I presume ;-).

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well, DHT is mg for mg more anabolic than testosterone is... So idk
Isn't DHT deactivated when it reaches the muscle, though?

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
1mg ED propecia ED.
I run it on cycle and during PCT. I lay off from there.

It helps slow it down. I'm going to be bald eventually so I don't feel like investing in a ton of hair products. Plus I shave my head anyways.

No sides.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BTW, you guys should check out Toco-8. It's a great product for hair health and we've had a few reports that it is shown to regrow some hair :)

Running a coupon now too, Buy one get one half off. Coupon code TOCOPLUS over at the Primordial store. The coupon ends today!

I'll try to dig up the logs with the toco feedback for you too.

Here's one: Toco-8 log

/hijack

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
I've been running toco 8 along with minoxidil for frontal thinning. It does look better but it's only been ~ 3 months.