Best protein bar

Rah22491

Awards
I mainly focus on getting my nutrients from whole foods but when ur in a jam wat is the best protein bar as far as ingredients are concerned? COuld really care less about taste just looking for low sugar, and sugar alcohol, complex carbs coming from good sources and high grade protein. THe best one i have found is the VPX zero impact bar. Anybody got any others?

LInk to VPX bar
Bodybuilding.com - VPX Zero Impact Bars - High Protein Mealbar! On sale now!

xink

Awards
  • Established
I usually like the Pure Protein Bars, I can't do external links 'cause I'm a newb but here is a general breakdown for their Chewy Chocolate Chip bar (this is pretty standard for most of their flavors:

280 Calories
4 Net Carbs
32g Protein

And they taste good IMO.

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
yea the pure protein chewy chocolate chip are delicious, but i can only find the small ones with 200 calories and 20g protein, which are very small and not filling.

my favorite are supreme protein caramel nut or rocky road brownie. next favorite are detour lower sugar caramel peanut. all 3 have 30g protein and almost 400 calories with very little sugar

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I use the small Pure Protein bars for snacks, and I use the EAS Myoplex bars for half-assed meals.

xink

Awards
  • Established
yea the pure protein chewy chocolate chip are delicious, but i can only find the small ones with 200 calories and 20g protein, which are very small and not filling.

my favorite are supreme protein caramel nut or rocky road brownie. next favorite are detour lower sugar caramel peanut. all 3 have 30g protein and almost 400 calories with very little sugar
Yeah, I usually get full boxes of the bars either online or GNC when they're on discount, I like the Pure Protein bars because they're high in protein at 32g and low in calories (280 per bar) when compared to many of the competition.

FOSTER1226

Awards
pure protein makes the best protein bars handsdown they all taste good

longhornsp

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I usually like the Pure Protein Bars, I can't do external links 'cause I'm a newb but here is a general breakdown for their Chewy Chocolate Chip bar (this is pretty standard for most of their flavors:

280 Calories
4 Net Carbs
32g Protein

And they taste good IMO.
/\/\/\ this but I too can only find the smaller ones, 200 calories and 20 grams of protein

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Premier Nutrition's TITAN bar is pretty good. Although it it is a little messy at times.

Rike

Rike

Awards
There is actually a bar out that is probably better than the VPX bar but only because it has less calories.

I have not tried the oatmeal flavor but i can tell you the cookies and cream rocks.

I should also mention that I hardly ever eat bars...even in emergencies I try to use shakes as a last resort or a cup of cottage cheese mixed with a table spoon of cocoa powder, a table spoon of natural pnut butter, and a few NutraSweet pax. I do use VPX bars however when i cannot get near my cooler for a cottage cheese meal or I cannot mix up a shake. I am going to add this bar to my emergency list.

It has a good profile. Low sugar alcohol, sugar, and carbs. I am not able to post links still but you can look here

anti-aging-essentials.com/index.html :nervous:

The 2:1 Protein Bar is the world’s first protein bar with a 2:1 ratio of protein to carbohydrate. This breakthrough represents the future of meal-replacement nutrition…a winning combination for athletes and results-oriented consumers seeking the benefits of the ideal amount of whey protein without sacrificing taste and texture or adding unwanted carbohydrates, fats and calories.

Revolutionary Formula...Unparalleled Results.

Great tasting, low in carbohydrate, packed with whey protein isolate and with less than 280 calories per bar, the 2:1 Protein Bar is the ideal bar to support one’s goals for weight loss and lean muscle growth to create the potential for optimal results

•Only bar of its kind on the market today with this unique protein to carbohydrate ratio
•Delivers consumers high-quality whey protein in easily digestible isolate form in 2 delicious, satisfying and rich flavors from which to choose
•Oatmeal 32g Protein,15g Carbohydrate, 0g Trans Fat, 250 Calories
•Cookies & Cream 32g Protein,16g Carbohydrate, 0g Trans Fat, 280 Calories
•Ideal for meal replacement or as a complement to a sound meal plan, the 2:1 Protein Bar offers consumers a delicious option to support their fitness and nutrition goals

Product Information

With the highest quality ingredients available to health-conscious consumers today, the 2:1 Protein Bar will maintain its quality and optimal health and nutrition benefits for a 12-month period. Packed with Whey Protein Isolate, the 2:1 Protein Bar is also fortified with:

•CoQ10
•Fish Oils (Omega 3&6)
•BCAA’S
•CLA
•Arginine
•Beta-Alanine
•Glutamine
•And Nitric Oxide

**I do not work for this company or any other supplement company. Just want to share with you when i have something to add.

peace!
Rike

xink

Awards
  • Established
Damn, the specs for the 2-1 bar are pretty impressive! Thanks for sharing!

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Supreme Protein Carb Conscious, (any flavor)Myoplex Lite Bar (cinnamon roll) and the homemade ones. (recipe is in a post somewhere.)

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I love EAS myoplex bars yummy and good for you

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
theres a brand out, i think it's two guys names, reminds me of a ben and jerry brand but for protein, it's not exactly a bar though it's a brownie and off hand i don't have the calories or protein amounts, those r really good and not dry like some are

xink

Awards
  • Established
you are welcome Xinx!

peace!
Rike
I just got a box of the oatmeal flavor the other day; it's ridiculously good! Gave bars to my brother and wife to try and they both liked them too! Thanks again for the recommendation! :beerchug:

Rike

Rike

Awards
I just got a box of the oatmeal flavor the other day; it's ridiculously good! Gave bars to my brother and wife to try and they both liked them too! Thanks again for the recommendation! :beerchug:
Xink, you are very welcome. I am glad that I could offer something useful here.

I read a lot of things on here but I usually do not take the time to post because I log and off so sporadically. When I saw this "Bar" thread I thought I would chime in.

I am not one to eat bars much as I posted earlier, but I have to tell you all that these bars rock. I just tried the oatmeal flavor the other day when one of my clients gave me one. I have to agree that they are awesome too.

I am curious to see if they will add more flavors.......

peace!
Rike

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Supreme Protein Carb Conscious, (any flavor)Myoplex Lite Bar (cinnamon roll) and the homemade ones. (recipe is in a post somewhere.)
Another for Supreme. Taste just a like a candy bar.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Supreme protein bars not only taste delicious...but the sole protein source is whey isolate. With over 3/4 of the bars on the market you get a mix of concentrate and peptides and crap like that.

Nothing like knowing what you're eating ;)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's my opinion, I guess, but "Good Protein Bar" is an oximoron.