Is it possible to make good gains on a pct???

D

djwalto

Awards
I am getting ready to start a pct in a week or so, I am coming off of a pmag/xtren cycle and am getting ready to start pct with cel's pct assist/td formestane/suppress-c and was wondering if you guys think that is possible to make gains on a pct if I use the same nutrition as I did during cycle?? Just wanted your guys opinions!! Thanks

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
for one, this is technically the wrong section. But to answer.

It depends on how good your PCT is. The faster you rebound from being shutdown, the more muscle you will keep. Just be happy if you keep what you gained. But it is possible you could add a pound or two in PCT. And some freaks have added more lol. Many lose weight though.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am getting ready to start a pct in a week or so, I am coming off of a pmag/xtren cycle and am getting ready to start pct with cel's pct assist/td formestane/suppress-c and was wondering if you guys think that is possible to make gains on a pct if I use the same nutrition as I did during cycle?? Just wanted your guys opinions!! Thanks
It's very possible to keep making gains during PCT, provided that your nutrition and training are targeted at it (and not simply maintaining). However, gains during PCT will be quite a lot slower/less than those made on-cycle.

U

UKStrength

It's very possible to keep making gains during PCT, provided that your nutrition and training are targeted at it (and not simply maintaining). However, gains during PCT will be quite a lot slower/less than those made on-cycle.
:goodpost:

The main point of PCT is to maintain what you've built on-cycle, if you build anymore on top of that I'd consider it a bonus.

Throw everything you've got into recovering fully during PCT mate, get the recovery, diet and training volume absolutely spot-on.

D

djwalto

Awards
Awesome guys, I just was reading a few post from guys saying they were still getting stronger and and gaining more while on their pct and was just wondering how "normal" that is ya know!! Probably not the norm!

U

UKStrength

Awesome guys, I just was reading a few post from guys saying they were still getting stronger and and gaining more while on their pct and was just wondering how "normal" that is ya know!! Probably not the norm!
Yeah probably not the norm, most lose a few lbs during PCT and the months ensuing but this again can be down to a number of factors not just the fact that the anabolics are out of their system.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah probably not the norm, most lose a few lbs during PCT and the months ensuing but this again can be down to a number of factors not just the fact that the anabolics are out of their system.
Exactly. There is so much to take into account. Many people don't have the correct nutrition or train as hard during PCT as they do on-cycle, thus leading to their losses.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
alot of initial loss os water weight too Ive noticed. no matter how spot on everything was. i lose that initial few lbs of water right off the bat within 2 weeks. however within a month im right back up.

i wanted to give up on this **** up and down yo yo all the time. however i was in my attic packing up and tossing junk out for my next pcs when i came across a big box of pictures. most from the time joey was born in 05 and 06. and since that time ive done maybe 2-3 runs of a PH. but the difference in myself between then and now is nuts. seeing urself everyday doesnt show anything but take a look back a few years and you will see that even if your keeping 50% to 60% of your gains your better off then before

just make sure you ahve eveyrthing you need before you pop that first pill

S

steveironman

Banned
Awards
In a word - No. Thats not the purpose of pct anyway. If you maintain a good percentage of gains during a pct and return body as closely as possible to normal function..consider it very successful.

D

djwalto

Awards
Yeah, that sounds good. I'm going to do everything I can to keep what I have earned!! I appreciate the info from everyone.

M

Motox

Awards
  • Established
yea I wouldnt count on gaining anything in pct unless you have a plethera of other sweet drugs like a sarm, igf 1 (rel igf), gh or something of those sorts. Just try to keep what you earned! Everyone on here preaches about nutrition even tho they have no credentials just train hard and eat a lot :). I also think a lot of people get lazy in pct due to low test and high cortisol levels so just try and be aware of what your body is telling you. Did you use a serm for pct??? If you are using form you might actually gain but idk if id use that because suppression is questionable for that. Serm is honestly always the way to go no matter how light the cycle is.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i think what they might be saying is strength 'gains', some of us use ph's more for strength than mass. i have continued to 'gain' strength in pct for up to 2 weeks on many cycles. 'gains' mean different things to people.

D

djwalto

Awards
No I am not using a serm on this run. From reading and reading alot of people did not think it was necessary on this light of a run. Now the next one I choose to do will probably be more substantial and I WILL use a serm for it. Yeah I see what your saying about different gains for different people. Honestly I will be happy if I keep what I gained and possibly just leaned out a bit.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
that depends alot on how far they were from their regular potential pre cycle also. If you been training 3-4 years and are still making gains naturally and just wanted a bump from a cycle than yes you can continue to make good gains. If you've been training a long time and used the cycle to get past a sticking point then your more likely to be good at maintaining what you got. just depends where you are

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I know a friend of mine who ran The One continued to make gains during his PCT of 2nd Gear, Drive, and IGF-2. I've repeatedly seen throughout the years people continue to make gains during PCT when they included a good forskolin and adaptogen product

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
D

djwalto

Awards
That's cool, I will have to remember that when it is time to do another run!

U

UKStrength

...Everyone on here preaches about nutrition even tho they have no credentials just train hard and eat a lot :)...
Erm...actually mate a substantial number of us here are health and sport and exercise professionals so we're not just 'preaching' to anyone.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I used to make excellent gains during PCT.

M

Motox

Awards
  • Established
whoa take it easy, If you think that the number of professionals compares to the number of "bro-scientist's" on here then you are sadly mistaken. anyways im not gonna get in an am pissing match stay on topic please.