B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Benefits Of Vitamin Supplements

Vitamin Supplements have a large range of benefits depending on the particular vitamin supplement being consumed. For example vitamin A acts as an important antioxidant while B12 decreases nerve damage by lowering stress. Further, who isn't aware of the tremendous benefits of vitamin C for keeping our bodies healthy during times like cold and flu season?

With that said, let's look at the benefits of taking vitamin supplements

MULTIVITAMINS
Turn on most any news program and sooner or later there will be a report of how much nutrition is actually lacking in our food today. Vitamin supplements help make up for the nutrition our bodies are seriously lacking in today's world. Therefore finding and taking the best multivitamin supplement available is an extremely good idea.

VITAMIN C
You probably already understand that benefits of vitamin C for your immune system. But that's not the end of importance with this essential vitamin supplement. Vitamin C also positively affects cholesterol thereby reducing risks of both gall bladder disease and some heart problems. Vitamin C may also help people to maintain healthy blood pressure levels.

VITAMIN A
Looking for healthy long-term vision? Vitamin A is your ticket here as well as being an essential antioxidant. Vitamin A also helps your skin maintain it's healthy luster as well as healing wounds and strengthening the immune system. Vitamin A also aids in preventing such skin disorders as acne and wrinkles.

VITAMIN B12
Vegetarians take note here as vitamin B12 is essential for maintaining good health when choosing diet without meat. B12 also reduces fatigue, anemia, and nerve damage not to mention its value in decreasing or eliminating depression while enhancing memory.

VITAMIN E
With cancer and heart disease as prevalent as it is today one would do good to consider a steady dose of the antioxidant Vitamin E. Using this vitamin supplement in conjunction with the others referred to in this article dramatically enhances a person's immune system too.

ZINC
Zinc also aids the body's immune system as well healing our bodies wounds. Zinc is a vital component of the reproduction systems in both men and women. Those who are at the greatest risk of Zinc defiance's include people who do not eat enough and alcoholics.

MAGNESIUM
Magnesium allows the body to maintain good muscle and nerve functions. Magnesium also helps to maintain normal blood pressure and heart rhythm regularity. As a result both energy and sugar levels are well balanced. Magnesium cannot keep our bodies in a healthy condition alone, yet it is indeed vital to any well balanced diet.

SELENIUM
The benefits of Selenium in your diet are still being researched. It is however clear that the antioxidant properties of this mineral are outstanding. Antioxidants help in the reduction of free radicals within our body. There is also evidence for Selenium dramatically aiding wellness within such diseases as arthritis, cancer, heart disease, and more.

Guy Siverson is the Webmaster of several health and wellness sites including 2RLove.com for long-lasting relationships and InHisGraceCards.com. Latest projects completed include "All About Treadmills" & "Vitamin Supplements". For more information or questions please contact Guy Siverson at [email protected].

By: Guy Siverson

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SELENIUM
The benefits of Selenium in your diet are still being researched. It is however clear that the antioxidant properties of this mineral are outstanding. Antioxidants help in the reduction of free radicals within our body. There is also evidence for Selenium dramatically aiding wellness within such diseases as arthritis, cancer, heart disease, and more.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18690824?ordinalpos=13&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19235033?ordinalpos=8&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18997278?ordinalpos=11&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
somebody had sometime on their hands and really wanted to talk about vitamins.....lol. good info bro.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wanted to emphasize Selenium as I use it as a preventive measure for the reoccurrence of precancerous colon polyps. I recently had a benign precancerous polyp removed and I was considered a candidate for a study to use selenium in a blind study. The evidence to support its effectiveness was great enough to me that I opted out of the study so that I could use it rather than have the potential to be using a placebo.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17302181?ordinalpos=3&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15547179?ordinalpos=6&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

BTW...I have very little time on my hands :)

Heavy Weight

Awards
Its a good post, i have been taking a multivitamin for a while now. I have noticed an increase in energy and maybe a little in strength. Either way its good to know that my body is getting the proper vitamins and minerals.

argiro

Awards
I have just purchased a pack of trip2night from narcomundo.com. I paid around 30 dollars and the shipping was free. I emailed them to see how long it will take to get to me, but they have not emailed me back yet. The first week end night I get it I will try it and let you know if I like it or not. I will concentrate more on the things I do not like since the web sites selling it are promoting it enough and that is not my job. My job is to let the world know if there are any areas I do not like. I will get back to this after I try it.

annielizstan

Awards
Taking vitamin and mineral supplements should be viewed as a short-term measure. The long-term use of some high-dose supplements can lead to symptoms of toxicity. If you feel that you could be lacking in certain vitamins and minerals, it may be better to look at changing your diet and lifestyle rather than reaching for supplements.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin toxicity is a rare issue in this country. Aside from small children getting in to their parents' iron supplements, or insane people taking multiple bottles of vitamin A or E, toxicity requiring hospitalization is rare. Deaths are even rarer still. But yes, we should all eat a perfect diet.

Taken from Wikipedia...

[h=2]Comparative safety statistics[/h]In the United States, overdose exposure to all formulations of "vitamins" was reported by 62,562 individuals in 2004 (nearly 80%(~78%, n=48,989) of these exposures were in children under the age of 6), leading to 53 "major" life-threatening outcomes and 3 deaths(2 from Vitamins - D and E; 1 from polyvitaminic type formula, with iron and no fluoride).[SUP][2][/SUP] This may be compared to the 19,250 people who died of unintentional poisoning of all kinds in the U.S. in the same year (2004).[SUP][3][/SUP] In 2010, 71,000 exposures to various vitamins and multivitamin-mineral formulations were reported to poison control centers, which resulted in 15 major reactions but no deaths.[SUP][4][/SUP]
Before 1998, several deaths per year were associated with pharmaceutical iron-containing supplements, especially brightly-colored, sugar-coated, high-potencyiron supplements, and most deaths were children.[SUP][5][/SUP] Unit packaging restrictions on supplements with more than 30 mg of iron have since reduced deaths to 0 or 1 per year.[SUP][5][/SUP] These statistics compare with 59 confirmed deaths due to aspirin poisoning in 2003 [SUP][6][/SUP] and 147 deaths known to be associated withacetaminophen-containing products in 2003.[SUP][6][/SUP]

[h=2][edit][/h]