black maca

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by chlorella View Post
    Dsade- put me down for some bars!
    Try the maca monster-it's very strong. It's not the best tasting though.
    The yellow tastes great. Maca is one of those things that start tasting really good after you get a feel(craving) for it.

1hp-15g of the monster is nuts! I maxed out at 5-10. Did you feel the "prostrate stimulation"??? There's something to maca that I can't figure out. I wish there was more research on it.

FYI
    If you want to try the black, you have to email Ken and specifically ask for it. It's not listed on his site.

and capped maca monster is WAY better than NOWs capped maca!
    yeah there's something to Maca which is why its in my test boosters. Its a good adaptogen something like Rhodiola's effects on the HTPA and CNS, just no huge increase in endurance.

2. Quote Originally Posted by marco wolf View Post
    A good guess-timate is about 5 grams per teaspoon. Some dry goods are more and some are less. So, about 10 (5 grams) would be a teaspoon, give or take a couple capsules.
    1 tsp of maca is usually something like 1.5 to 2g. I will check when I get home. If is a med. size now capsule its prob. 500mg. Good maca works at 2g or less a day. But all maca will work at a certain dose, just might have to take up to 10g or more of some maca. Its a food. Some extracts of maca will actually make you aggressive if you take 2 much.
    •   

3. Thanks for your input Chuck, reps.

The monster maca I'm talking about is a 19:1 extract. Its quite potent in effect anyway.

4. Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post
    Maca root reknown as an 'adrenal herb' in the nutrition industry. Its root vegetable of the Andes.

Considered an aphrodisiac without hormonal impact (not a testo-booster).

It is probably a bit tame for a forum like this. ..... I can't see it being worth the money.
    Oh my goodness what pathetic post (above). Be careful what you write might come back to haunt you Monster maca problem - smells revolting. The lid and seal are tightly closed in my kitchen and it still smells bad.

Just tried top grade ginseng over the past two days (same supplier) - kicks like crazy. Its expensive but the energy effect is unreal. Its like lump of rock and I'll need a hammer to break up a root. Worth try. Whether it keeps its potency over time dunn.

Chuck seems to be saying is that the DTHC dosage is max. dosage.

Chuck: Why is Tribulus so high on the DHTC list of ingredients? Maca I can understand, pretty cheap and looks potent (at least smells it). Long Jack I can understand from the reports - it is supposed to be really potent (Ken the website guru's view). I've tried Tribulus but it no effect at all. Where are you sourcing?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    1 tsp of maca is usually something like 1.5 to 2g. I will check when I get home. If is a med. size now capsule its prob. 500mg. Good maca works at 2g or less a day. But all maca will work at a certain dose, just might have to take up to 10g or more of some maca. Its a food. Some extracts of maca will actually make you aggressive if you take 2 much.
    I found a 4:1 maca extract that lists it at about 4 grams per teaspoon. You use gelatinized maca, which might be lighter? Either way, NOW maca is full-spectrum, I believe, which probably means you'd need more than the extracts.
    •   

6. I used maca before from a local healthstore. it was alright but I didn't try it for long enough to know if it really worked.

7. Quote Originally Posted by marco wolf View Post
    I found a 4:1 maca extract that lists it at about 4 grams per teaspoon. You use gelatinized maca, which might be lighter? Either way, NOW maca is full-spectrum, I believe, which probably means you'd need more than the extracts.
    extracts and gelentanized is actually denser.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    extracts and gelentanized is actually denser.
    I wasn't sure about the gelatinized(?) ones, but makes sense.

9. what about macapure, i heared that's some real powerfull stuff if you take 2000 mg/day

10. Quote Originally Posted by Imeniaan View Post
    what about macapure, i heared that's some real powerfull stuff if you take 2000 mg/day
    bump!

http://www.ergo-log.com/macafaster.html

11. You should try "black maca" in order to improve your spermatogenesis. Indeed, I have just found a research, whose authors, mostly form Universidad Cayetano Heredia (a Peruvian college specialized in medicine) told that black maca is the best compared to the other "ecotypes" such as "yellow" or "red" maca.

Moreover, if you like further information, I suggest you to visit Jonas Cabezudo's web page, a notorious Peruvian scientific and entrepeneur who can provide you with further information about this matter.

bye and best regards,
    Jean Bishop

12. I went through 2 tubs of Maca monster I bought from Ken. 2 heaping teaspoons a day. I didn't notice any effect whatsoever. *shrugs*
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Black Maca?
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 01:25 PM
  2. BSL(black star labs)?
    By jetset in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 04:30 PM
  3. ? about proteincustomizer and Black star
    By jetset in forum Supplements