Best non-hormonal supplement to maintain muscle on a cut?

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established

UKStrength

Well if you're looking to maintain muscle mass, then augmenting these two anabolic hormones, testosterone and growth hormone are pretty paramount in maintaining muscle mass.

If I was to pick one non-hormonal product to do that, then my money's on IGF-2 by Applied Nutriceuticals.

I'm running IGF-2 right now on my cut (link in my signature of you want to check it out), it's a natural growth hormone and testosterone booster.

Not only is it proving really effective so far for maintaining and improving my strength, aggression and body composition...it gives a nice libido boost and makes me sleep like a baby! :D

Here's a link to the write-up in the Applied Nutriceuticals Forum:

IGF-2 Frequently Asked Questions

and the product on Nutraplanet:

IGF-2 @ Nutraplanet

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
any other suggestions? Some people said X-factor

UKStrength

any other suggestions? Some people said X-factor
I've used X-factor as well, also a nice choice.

There's no reason why you couldn't stack it with a testosterone/GH booster like IGF-2, they work through different pathways to preserve muscle mass.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't arachidonic acid promote fat storage? It's active metabolite is lipolytic for sure, but from point A to point B, there's a lot of stops.

I feel as a rep, my opinion is going to be totally biased, but from personal experience, Hyperdrol always seems to do the trick for me. The anti-estrogenic effects help to dry you out, and the increased cAMP via the diterpene complex, facilitates the utilization of fat tissue for energy rather than muscle tissue.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've used X-factor as well, also a nice choice.

There's no reason why you couldn't stack it with a testosterone/GH booster like IGF-2, they work through different pathways to preserve muscle mass.
I believe IGF-2 and X-factor was a pretty popular stack a while back. Not sure if it's still as popular anymore. The supplement industry is quite fickle.

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
Would any of these supplements not work as well on a keto diet? (no carbs)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are on a keto diet, insulin mimickers are the enemy.

Things like anabolic pump, glycobol, neovar, etc. These would not be wise to take if not consuming carbs. They will drop your blood sugar too low, and life will suck. Although, they can be great on refeed days.

UKStrength

Things like anabolic pump, glycobol, neovar, etc. These would not be wise to take if not consuming carbs. They will drop your blood sugar too low, and life will suck. Although, they can be great on refeed days.
:goodpost:

GTmauf

Awards

I agree with this completely. I'm using Glycobol right now and conusming 200-250g carbs per day and feel like i'm right on the edge of ketosis. So if you are already on a keto diet. This would not be a good idea.

UKStrength

I agree with this completely. I'm using Glycobol right now and conusming 200-250g carbs per day and feel like i'm right on the edge of ketosis. So if you are already on a keto diet. This would not be a good idea.
I take it you and hypoglycaemia are now best friends? ;)

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
just drink some BCAA's. they're cheap and very effective. i've liked glycobol a lot so far too. just buy some bulk BCAA's and mix it in crystal light or AI has a product coming out with a 4:1:1 ratio that's going to be pretty cheap

GTmauf

Awards
I take it you and hypoglycaemia are now best friends? ;)
Haha, well let's just say we've "shook hands" a few times. If I stick at 250g of carbs I'm good. but 200 or less and I can start feeling it.

I do have to say though, I'm loving Glycobol. I have tons of energy in the gym and am much fuller than usual on my cuts. I don't have that exhausted feeling on later reps in sets, I can keep pushing through.

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
What brand of Bulk BCAAs would you guys recommend?

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
doesn't ephedrine have anti catabolic properties? not to the strength of something like clen but similar?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
doesn't ephedrine have anti catabolic properties? not to the strength of something like clen but similar?
Broscience.

The supplements I love on a cut are:
1. Xtend/BCAA-these are an absolute must for me
2. Test Booster-There are several I like: AcX and IGF-2 are at the top for me
3. R-ALA/Banaba-when timed correctly, these help to keep glucose stable and increase glycogen storage

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
Broscience.

The supplements I love on a cut are:
1. Xtend/BCAA-these are an absolute must for me
2. Test Booster-There are several I like: AcX and IGF-2 are at the top for me
3. R-ALA/Banaba-when timed correctly, these help to keep glucose stable and increase glycogen storage
I am on a CKD diet by the way. Would it be better to use an EC stack or an Xtend/IGF-2 stack for the rest of my cut?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am on a CKD diet by the way. Would it be better to use an EC stack or an Xtend/IGF-2 stack for the rest of my cut?
Two completely different animals. EC will help with appetite suppression and increase your metabolic rate while the BCAA/IGF-2 will help to increase testosterone, GH, IGF-1, etc.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Ive been cutting for a few weeks, and I haven't worried about insulin and all that...just have a nice strict diet and you'll be fine, IMO. Its all about discipline, but do what you want

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
Two completely different animals. EC will help with appetite suppression and increase your metabolic rate while the BCAA/IGF-2 will help to increase testosterone, GH, IGF-1, etc.
Yea that is why I am asking which one would be more helpful in achieving my goals of cutting up. Since I am on a keto diet the appetite suppression is not necessary. Will the increase in testosterone help me hold onto more muscle while losing more fat?

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Yea that is why I am asking which one would be more helpful in achieving my goals of cutting up. Since I am on a keto diet the appetite suppression is not necessary. Will the increase in testosterone help me hold onto more muscle while losing more fat?
yes. those stacked together would probably be great and you'll breathe a lot better and have stronger workouts which should help u burn even more cals. if u ur sipping on BCAA's before during and after ur workout u should lose much muscle. i was taking controlled labs purple wraath while on a cut a few years ago and i didn't lose hardly any strength

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am using Prime, AP and pslin on a cut/recomp with a macro cylcle and have lost about significant fat and gained a bit of mass. This is no unprecedented a lot of people can do it with the right diet and supps. Diet first though. The better you know your own body and how it reacts without supplementation the better you can plan your protocol. A lot ... and I mean a lot depends on body type also. You have to gear your diet towards who you are genetically. It's hard work and you have to keep learning as time goes on, constantly improving.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I will go with components so as not to push our line- these work well together, and also separately:
ALCAR 3-5 grams per day
Forskolin 60-80 mg/day
Cissus 40% or higher 1 gram per day
Arachdonic Acid- 1.2 grams per day
Icariin 40% or higher 500 mg per day or higher
Osthole 35% or higher 300 mg per day or higher
P-5-P- good luck finding it
Vitex- 300-400 mg/day
Res-V- 500 mg/day of 50% or higher

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
I will go with components so as not to push our line- these work well together, and also separately:
ALCAR 3-5 grams per day
Forskolin 60-80 mg/day
Cissus 40% or higher 1 gram per day
Arachdonic Acid- 1.2 grams per day
Icariin 40% or higher 500 mg per day or higher
Osthole 35% or higher 300 mg per day or higher
P-5-P- good luck finding it
Vitex- 300-400 mg/day
Res-V- 500 mg/day of 50% or higher
Why Vitex? As I recall Vitex has been shown to lower test a fair degree...

Ditto on the P-5-P (the why part, not the lowering test part),

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is P5P really so difficult to find?

I know NOW Foods makes it, which their line is pretty accessable.