My " Daily " supplements during a cut

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.17%

My " Daily " supplements during a cut

This is my first post, so I would like to say hello to all and thank you for having me. First of all my stats are- 30 years old, 6' and 205. My supplement education is elementary at best, but I have been reading and taking notes like crazy. I was wondering what " daily " supplements everyone takes on a cut? So here are my " daily " supplements on a cut so far:

Off day: breakfast- 20 grams of whey, either an banana,cantaloupe or watermelon. Then my fish oil, multi vit, vit C, b-complex

Before dinner: 20 grams whey, apple, fish oil

Workout day: breakfast- 20 grams of whey, either an banana, cantaloupe or watermelon. Then fish oil, multi vit, vit C, b-complex

Preworkout: 20 grams of whey, 5 grams of creatine, 10 grams of bcaa, 5 grams of glutamine and either an apple, mixed fruit, or nutri grain bar

Postworkout: 40 grams of whey, 5 grams of creatine, 10 grams of bcaa, 5 grams of glutamine.

After dinner: fish oil, multi vit, vit C, b-complex

Thank you again for your help

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

you don't really need glutamine before a w/o, but it won't kill you. i live green tea on a cut. cheap and just suppresses my appetite a little, not too much. take it 30 minutes before you eat a meal with 400mgs of caffeine, 3 times daily.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.17%

lennoxchi, thank you for taking a look at my dail supplements. I will leave the glutamine for post w/o and give the green tea and caffeine a go.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.18%

along with your powder bcaas that you put in your shakes, you could also look into buying a bcaa supplement like purple wraath from controlled labs or bc+eaa from LG sciences. both of these have excellent tastes and come in really handy for me during a cut. i will mix these in a big bottle of water and sip on them throughout the day. they help to suppress appetite as well as fueling your body and muscles with energy and keeping you in an anabolic state.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.76%

Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    you don't really need glutamine before a w/o, but it won't kill you. i live green tea on a cut. cheap and just suppresses my appetite a little, not too much. take it 30 minutes before you eat a meal with 400mgs of caffeine, 3 times daily.
    1200mg of caffeine a day?
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.23%

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyCapone View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!

400mg is a lot of caffeine...
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.76%

Quote Originally Posted by verickin07 View Post

Off day: breakfast- 20 grams of whey, either an banana,cantaloupe or watermelon. Then my fish oil, multi vit, vit C, b-complex
    Is that your entire breakfast? If so, the macros are definitely too low...

5g of creatine BOTH pre and post is likely too much. Have you been noticing any stomach problems (ie upset stomach, extra gassy, etc.) I'd probably stick to around 2.5g w/ breakfast, 2g pre, and 2.5g post.

How much fish oil do you take at a time? What is the total throughout an average day?
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.23%

I think it's important to look at your specific goals! what's your BF% and what are you trying to reach? also, in what time frame!

frankly, if you're at 20 something % bodyfat then you need to just focus on your nutrition and training! if you're in the low teens and now your stuggling to lean up then you might want some assistance from supps.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.71%

Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post

is it? does not seem that way to me. i guess i take for granted that after being in the gym for 1 and a half hours in the AM then working 11.5 hours that i might need that much. to the OP, unless you have a high tolerance like me, cut that caff. in half. for me though, i'll keep it where it's at. sorry for the confusion and misleading post.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.76%

is it? does not seem that way to me. i guess i take for granted that after being in the gym for 1 and a half hours in the AM then working 11.5 hours that i might need that much. to the OP, unless you have a high tolerance like me, cut that caff. in half. for me though, i'll keep it where it's at. sorry for the confusion and misleading post.
    How's your BP? The highest recommended daily allowance I've ever seen for caffeine is 1000mg with 200mg being the max single dose. But more commonly, 600mg is the typical maximum daily dose....

I'm not trying to knock you or your ways, just curious if you've ever observed any negative effects from such a high dose.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.71%

How's your BP? The highest recommended daily allowance I've ever seen for caffeine is 1000mg with 200mg being the max single dose. But more commonly, 600mg is the typical maximum daily dose....

I'm not trying to knock you or your ways, just curious if you've ever observed any negative effects from such a high dose.
    funny you should ask. went to get a physical last tuesday, bp=123/80 and that was in the middle of the day after raceing to get there and then back to work. there's 200mgs of caff. in a typical cup of coffee. i know more than a couple of people that drink more than 5 cups of coffee ED. shoot, one guy i know drinks 5 esprossos before coming into the gym. i just never thought it was that high......1200mgs, huh
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.05%

yeah man 400mgs of caff. is way to much in fact it is counter productive 400mgs of caff. regradless of tolerance is a toxic dose for any size person this dose will cause cortisol production which will not give a dieter the look they might be going for and will reduce any gains in lean muscle
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.05%

i would now as im thourouthly addicted to caffine
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Animal1918 View Post
    yeah man 400mgs of caff. is way to much in fact it is counter productive 400mgs of caff. regradless of tolerance is a toxic dose for any size person this dose will cause cortisol production which will not give a dieter the look they might be going for and will reduce any gains in lean muscle
    i'm sorry did you say 400mgs is a toxic does? that's 2 cups of coffee. ever drink 2 or even 3 cups of coffee? come on man, are you thinking grams not mgs.?
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Brown View Post
    along with your powder bcaas that you put in your shakes, you could also look into buying a bcaa supplement like purple wraath from controlled labs or bc+eaa from LG sciences. both of these have excellent tastes and come in really handy for me during a cut. i will mix these in a big bottle of water and sip on them throughout the day. they help to suppress appetite as well as fueling your body and muscles with energy and keeping you in an anabolic state.
    Jeremy Brown, thanks for taking a look at my daily supplements. LG sciences bc+eaa is what I take. I have yet to try them throughout the day.

Is that your entire breakfast? If so, the macros are definitely too low...

5g of creatine BOTH pre and post is likely too much. Have you been noticing any stomach problems (ie upset stomach, extra gassy, etc.) I'd probably stick to around 2.5g w/ breakfast, 2g pre, and 2.5g post.

How much fish oil do you take at a time? What is the total throughout an average day?
    ShiftyCapone, thank you. I have the whey when I wake up. An hour later I have either eggs, oatmeal, cream of wheat, rice krispies. I do have extra gas and sometimes stomach pain. I will try to spreadout my creatine intake to help the stomach issues. I take 2 softgel tabs at a time 3 times a day.

I think it's important to look at your specific goals! what's your BF% and what are you trying to reach? also, in what time frame!

frankly, if you're at 20 something % bodyfat then you need to just focus on your nutrition and training! if you're in the low teens and now your stuggling to lean up then you might want some assistance from supps.
    delsolrob, thank you. I have a specific goal of lower bodyfat percentage and build more lean muscle mass. My present bodyfat percentage is 19%. Actually my weight has been stuck at 205 for some time now. I'm struggling for sure to drop more weight, but I was'nt taking supps to help loose more weight.
  16. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.22%

Must be a
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.23%

Quote Originally Posted by eatingisfun View Post
    Must be a
    considering a monster energy drink has 250mg of caf...
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.23%

to the op, if you're stuck at 19% and your diet and training is straight (consistant and intense) then the first thing I'd try is sesamin oil...cheap and effective!
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.14%

id lose the fish oils throughout the day and take animal omega with a prebed shake. you dont want fats and carbs together plus it will save you money since you only take one omega pack a day. I would look at your diet tho and focus on getting more whole foods before spending any more on supps. You def need some egg whites with breakfast. Eggs are the most bioavailable protein on the planet.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.34%

i'm sorry did you say 400mgs is a toxic does? that's 2 cups of coffee. ever drink 2 or even 3 cups of coffee? come on man, are you thinking grams not mgs.?
    What the hell kind of coffee are you drinking that has 200 mgs of caffeine per cup? Thats a LOT of caffeine for one cup of coffee.

Similar Forum Threads

1. N2GUARD "The Mother load" of all steroid Cycle Support supplements.
    By needtogetmuscle in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 12:32 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 08:23 PM
  3. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 02:11 PM
  4. General PH questions: "the other daily stuff"
    By weirddude in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 04:21 AM
  5. Replies: 14