Dextrose, protein and oats

FAMOUSX1

Awards
My post w/o shake is consisting of about 50g of dextrose, 25g of protein and 1 cup of oats. My question is am I over doing it with the oats and taking to many carbs in?

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
My post w/o shake is consisting of about 50g of dextrose, 25g of protein and 1 cup of oats. My question is am I over doing it with the oats and taking to many carbs in?
This is a pretty vague questions since you don't really specify what it is you're trying to achieve in terms of lifting and nutrition. Are you looking for an all out bulk, a cut, a lean bulk, etc.?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not overdoing it with the oats, or taking in too many carbohydrate, but not using it at the best time.

I would suggest having your dextrose/protein post-workout shake as soon as you can post-resistance training, and then have your oats (with some more protein) ~30 minutes after your shake.

FAMOUSX1

Awards
Im going for more of a lean bulk. I take my shake 5min after Im done working out then I eat a meal about an hour and a half after that.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Not overdoing it with the oats, or taking in too many carbohydrate, but not using it at the best time.

I would suggest having your dextrose/protein post-workout shake as soon as you can post-resistance training, and then have your oats (with some more protein) ~30 minutes after your shake.
I agree. I eat my complex carbohydrates in the morning before my workout. Stay with simple carbs immediately after your workout and depending on your goals include complex carbs in all or some of your later meals.

I eat complex carbs with every meal up to 10:30 PM. Of course I am trying to bulk up. Simple carbs (dextrose) once a day after my work out.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
I like to do a half cup of oats and 20 grams dextrose for my post workout shake and eat a little bit later.I tend to gain fat easy so I try to keep simple sugars down.Alan Aragon over at BB.com recommends the average lifter use complex carbs post workout since they wont be that carb depleted after a workout.

I also always have complex carbs in my preworkout meal which I eat about 2 hours before working out.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For aesthetics and/or a lean bulk, use exclusively complex carbs with a moderate GI fruit post-training. The sessions are not long enough to burn off glycogen stores assuming you are consuming adequate carbohydrate.

FAMOUSX1

Awards
What do you guys use to measure out your dextrose? I have been using a old 50cc scoop. I just use 1 scoop of it. since the dextrose doesnt come with a scoop or anything.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys use to measure out your dextrose? I have been using a old 50cc scoop. I just use 1 scoop of it. since the dextrose doesnt come with a scoop or anything.
With the NOW Foods Dextrose I was using a 1/2c measuring cup. Think it equaled out to around 75 grams. Right now I use the Cytocarb which uses 4 scoops = around 50 grams.