Pregnenolone 'Steal' Huge Issue! Unhealthy stimulants...

Dr. Lats

Awards
I've been doing a lot of studying lately on the steroidal hormone pathways, as illustrated in this flow chart: http://www.biomatrixone.com/PDF/SteroidalHormonePathways.pdf

According to the material I've been studying, there is a phenomenon called 'pregnenolone steal.' Here's what I've taken in so far:

To sum it up, when our bodies are in a constant state of stress (releasing norepinephrine/epinephrine a.k.a.(adrenalin/catecholamines), this causes ACTH to stimulate the adrenals to pump out more cortisol. If one is constantly 'telling' the body to create more cortisol, the body will use pregnenolone for the cortisol production pathway, instead of the dhea pathway...this doesn't seem to be good for production of male hormones...

I've looked over about 10-12 different case studies of various people with either stage I, II, or III Adrenal Fatigue over the past week. A common occurance is a low dhea-sulfate level in the body and a very high cortisol:dhea-s ratio...

So, here's what I'm getting too...Stimulants. Think about all the stims being pitched out there...what effect are they having on the adrenal glands. What long term effects are they having on the body? One common theme that runs through people with stage II adrenal fatigue is 'self medication.' These people don't 'feel' right and stimulants make them feel normal...for a while.

What are your thoughts/insights?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a buddy that fits this bill to a tee. He has to have a full pot of coffee in the morning just to get out the door. He binges on carbs at night and is putting on fat even though the guy is a cardio maniac. What solution could be advised?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Well pregnenolone is the mother of all hormones correct? So using it up will without a doubt cause issues down the chain. One has to be careful with pregnenolone supplementation though as well cause it will make more adrenaline available. I think the key is to quit stimulants and let the body repair itself naturally. Most people don't get enough sleep so they constantly pound energy drinks only leading to poor adrenal function. Even general chronic anxiety will have a similiar effect over time I assume. It's kind of a no brainer... but your post makes you think another way.. are stims worth the cost on the body? Moderation I think is key. If a cup of coffee don't get you going maybe you need to make lifestyle changes.

I experimented with Reset AD by palo alto labs. It is said to help "reset" your adrenal glands so they are working properly again and so that you can feel stimulants again. I was not a caffeine junky by any means when I tried it but it was more of a test. After 6 months of no caffeine and 3 months on Reset I had a energy drink and it was straight euphoria.. The energy was incredible. It felt similiar to the first time as a kid I had a caffeine buzz.

The problem however is I don't think one should experiment with pregnenolone without dr. supervision. The product will help you feel stims again.. but the abuse of stims still continues.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Pregnenolone would like to know more as I've got a batch in but hadn't a clue what it does.

Cortisol stuff is very similar to bodybuidlng. Have regular meals across the day high protein, lots of veg etc... IMO you need to switch to a testosterone pathway rather than always feeling on edge and nervous. Its the only way. Basically you can either "flight or fight" high GI and high caffeine dieters tend to "fly".

The problem with caffeine and high GI is the cortisol spike it will produce.

Yeah bodybuilders get a bad rap at times its a much healthier diet than high GI foods and caffeine. If you really want to beat cortisol then bodybuilding life style is a good one. In fact I think its the best option by some margin.