BCAAs giving me really bad gas!

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.
    Answers

BCAAs giving me really bad gas!

I've been using BCAAs both in my weight gain shakes (Dymatize Mega Gainer) and separately before/during my workouts (scivation XTEND), for many many months (in the case of shakes, possibly several years).

However in the last two weeks, without any change in my diet, suddenly they've started giving me terrible gas, bloating and stomach cramps. It first started a couple of weeks ago when i drunk some XTEND before going to bed (i had some left over in my gym bottle that was near me at the time). I woke up at 4am with stomach cramps, legged it to the toilet and proceeded to let out more gas than Russia (combined with pockets of very wet diarrhoea). After 30 mins on the toilet i felt that it was safe to return to bed but after 5 more minutes lying in bed i had to go back to the toilet for a somewhat less violent repeat performance. After another 20 mins i returned to bed and managed to sleep untill about 9am when I went to the toilet once more.

Since then if i drink my protien shakes or XTEND within about 30 mins i get gassy. Its a real problem at the gym because XTEND is basically my intra-workout drink but now after half a session i just feel like i've got a hot air balloon in my stomach and find myself occasionally letting out large burps.

Has anyone else experienced this with BCAAs?
    Why would it suddenly start happening after months and months without any problem?

I have half a pot of GUT HEALTH here which i've started taking again (i stopped taking gut health about 9 months ago after seeing no difference on/off it, and needing to scale back my spending) but as yet that hasnt solved the problem.

Thanks in advance.

2. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

It may take your body some time to adjust. If it continues to be a problem then it could be that your body does not agree with it. We have a new BCAA product coming out as part of our White Label products called Recover Pro because it is a White Label product it will be priced right.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I haven't had any problems, sorry im no help.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    I've been using BCAAs both in my weight gain shakes (Dymatize Mega Gainer) and separately before/during my workouts (scivation XTEND), for many many months (in the case of shakes, possibly several years).

However in the last two weeks, without any change in my diet, suddenly they've started giving me terrible gas, bloating and stomach cramps. It first started a couple of weeks ago when i drunk some XTEND before going to bed (i had some left over in my gym bottle that was near me at the time). I woke up at 4am with stomach cramps, legged it to the toilet and proceeded to let out more gas than Russia (combined with pockets of very wet diarrhoea). After 30 mins on the toilet i felt that it was safe to return to bed but after 5 more minutes lying in bed i had to go back to the toilet for a somewhat less violent repeat performance. After another 20 mins i returned to bed and managed to sleep untill about 9am when I went to the toilet once more.

Since then if i drink my protien shakes or XTEND within about 30 mins i get gassy. Its a real problem at the gym because XTEND is basically my intra-workout drink but now after half a session i just feel like i've got a hot air balloon in my stomach and find myself occasionally letting out large burps.

Has anyone else experienced this with BCAAs?
    Why would it suddenly start happening after months and months without any problem?

I have half a pot of GUT HEALTH here which i've started taking again (i stopped taking gut health about 9 months ago after seeing no difference on/off it, and needing to scale back my spending) but as yet that hasnt solved the problem.

Thanks in advance.
    most whey proteins give me gas. was this one incident or many?
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Wel, we add digestive enzymes to Essentials that really helps with avoiding gas and bloating associated with creatine and BCAA's. Give it some time or just pick up some Essentials, as Pempbroke mentioned Recovery Pro is coming soon, so you might want to invest in it.
    doing my own thang!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  270 lbs.
    Answers

i have been drinking AX's AXCELL for several months pre, intra, and post workout - awesome taste, priced right, and haven't experienced any gassiness... maybe it's your bodies way of saying switch it up?...
  7. keeper

Well, I hate to debunk the myth that women don't poot, but I've found that when taking Met RX Hardcore Amino 3000, Gas X is a MUST.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

aww man...

I believed that myth too
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I still do.
  •