What are considered the Basics?

Zombie Inc

Awards
I've always been big into supplements, but I really want to step back and just focus on the basics for a while. I'm currently finishing up some Drive, DCP, Jack3d, Purple Wraath and some others so I'm ready to make another purchase. So as far as basic goes, what is a MUST have supplement? This is the list I got so far.

Whey Protein
Post workout Protein(torrent/Surge)
Fish Oil
Multi Vitamin
Creatine

Is there anything else?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can drop the Torrent/Surge if you're going for "Basic." Just pick a carb powder and mix some of that in with Whey and Milk for your post-workout shake.

Also, I would add Leucine, Beta-Alanine and ZMA

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think you're on the right track brotha.

In my experience, it's a lot tastier and cheaper to just buy on sale juices at the store and mix them with Vanilla protein for your post workout meal.

Since you tried Jacked, have you thought about trying SMASH? It's an all in one focus, strength, stim, pump supplement that is starting to get some good feedback.

ryuuBishonen

ryuuBishonen

Awards
blatantly post whoreing to get seven posts so I can ask a guy a followup about his cycle

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
protein...creatine...multivitamin...fish oils....the basics.....just mix ur mono with juice and ull be golden

UKStrength

I agree with everyone else, I don't feel you need the torrent at all really, the whey protein will cover that.

I have to admit it is kind of 'tranquil' removing all supplementation for a while, I got rid of everything (except a multivitamin) for about a year due to a tight budget and still made some excellent gains.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
i dont kn ow what i would do without protein....besides milk and water.....protein shakes are all i drink....lol its my favorite thing to drink (juice for creatine only)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Looks good.

Multi vitamin
Protein

are the essentials for me.

Fish oil, creatine, are additions...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always been big into supplements, but I really want to step back and just focus on the basics for a while. I'm currently finishing up some Drive, DCP, Jack3d, Purple Wraath and some others so I'm ready to make another purchase. So as far as basic goes, what is a MUST have supplement? This is the list I got so far.

Whey Protein
Post workout Protein(torrent/Surge)
Fish Oil
Multi Vitamin
Creatine

Is there anything else?
Basic staples:
* Creatine
* Multivitamin
* Good Fats
* Protein Powder
* BCAA's (although some protein powders have these in, making no need for an extra supplement).

Everyone has different "staples" that they use, but these are the really only NECESSARY ones.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah i'm with everyone else looks solid. Multi vitamin, fish oil, protein, creatine, and good pre work out supp is my basic.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Damn you guys all have a way longer list of staples than I do, for me my only true staple is Fish Oil. Protein and creatine both help a good deal but if I quit taking them for a little while I don't really notice a negative impact on overall health, just maybe some slower gains. If I stop taking fish oil though I begin to feel like absolute hell; my skin gets dry, I start feeling kind of foggy/ out of it, my body fat seems to creep up quickly, etc. I think you are on a good track for getting back to basics, but you could really get away without the creatine, multivitamin, and protein if your diet is pretty varied and abundant. Hell if you ate a ton of salmon you could get away without the fishoils too.