protein customizer sugestions

1. New Member
    Answers

protein customizer sugestions

any body have a good recipe for a budget night time formula that will is at least decent tasting?

2. New Member
    Answers

The night time formula that I've been ordering from Protein customizer for over 8 months is:
    1. 62% Milk Protein Isolate
    2. 38% Whey Protein Isolate
    3. Chocolate Flavoring

That comes out to $7.30 a pound before shipping. I like the Milk Protein Isolate because it is approximately 80% Micellar Casein and 20% Whey Protein Isolate. Basically, I'm getting 50% Micellar Casein and 50% Whey Protein Isolate and saving $2.30 per pound. Taste is subjective, but I like it and look forward to it.

Also, compare this to Molecular Nutrition's Sustained Release protein over at bb.com which is $16.50 per pound before shipping.

~Todd

3. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by primal1
    any body have a good recipe for a budget night time formula that will is at least decent tasting?
    I use a blend of:
    30% Milk Isolate
    25% Caseinate
    25 Whey Concentrate
    10% soy isolate
    10% egg white

Its a big mix, and probably unnecessary include that many different kinds, but as the soy, egg and whey concetrate are very cheap, and the other 2 are reasonable...it works out to about 5 or 6 dollars a pound with chocolate flavor. I buy in bulk so I dont really fret about having them mix so many different kinds.

•   

4. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tatortodd
    The night time formula that I've been ordering from Protein customizer for over 8 months is:
    1. 62% Milk Protein Isolate
    2. 38% Whey Protein Isolate
    3. Chocolate Flavoring
    That comes out to $7.30 a pound before shipping. I like the Milk Protein Isolate because it is approximately 80% Micellar Casein and 20% Whey Protein Isolate. Basically, I'm getting 50% Micellar Casein and 50% Whey Protein Isolate and saving $2.30 per pound. Taste is subjective, but I like it and look forward to it.

Also, compare this to Molecular Nutrition's Sustained Release protein over at bb.com which is $16.50 per pound before shipping.

~Todd
    Good suggestion. Of course you could substitute the whey isolate for whey concentrate and save a little more.

5. New Member
    Answers

thanks for the suggestions guys.

6. E-BOLLER
    Answers

70/30 MPI/Egg here.

7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'1"  229 lbs.
    Answers

I go with 100 percent milk isolate, chocolate, which is thick and chalky unless you add a little more water. Also, make 3 shakes ahead of time, the longer you let the milk isolate sit in the water the smoother it is, very cheap and nightime protein source.

8. New Member
    Answers

I'd been using my night time blend for over 7 months and had no idea how much the milk isolate thickened up until I got interrupted with a phone call after blending but before drinking. It wasn't as thick as the national brand shakes with all of the gums (guar, xantham, etc.) but the difference in thickness makes for some nice variety.

~Todd

9. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Blutarski
    I go with 100 percent milk isolate, chocolate, which is thick and chalky unless you add a little more water. Also, make 3 shakes ahead of time, the longer you let the milk isolate sit in the water the smoother it is, very cheap and nightime protein source.

Agreed on the 100% MPI. I tried adding the Egg protein, but got insanely smelly farts that caused the dog to run yelping from the room.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 1st Order with Protein Customizer
    By tatortodd in forum Supplements
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 12:51 PM
  2. Protein Customizer
    By Sanosuke in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11