protein customizer sugestions

  1. protein customizer sugestions


    any body have a good recipe for a budget night time formula that will is at least decent tasting?


  2. The night time formula that I've been ordering from Protein customizer for over 8 months is:
    1. 62% Milk Protein Isolate
    2. 38% Whey Protein Isolate
    3. Chocolate Flavoring

    That comes out to $7.30 a pound before shipping. I like the Milk Protein Isolate because it is approximately 80% Micellar Casein and 20% Whey Protein Isolate. Basically, I'm getting 50% Micellar Casein and 50% Whey Protein Isolate and saving $2.30 per pound. Taste is subjective, but I like it and look forward to it.

    Also, compare this to Molecular Nutrition's Sustained Release protein over at bb.com which is $16.50 per pound before shipping.

    ~Todd

  3. Quote Originally Posted by primal1
    any body have a good recipe for a budget night time formula that will is at least decent tasting?
    I use a blend of:
    30% Milk Isolate
    25% Caseinate
    25 Whey Concentrate
    10% soy isolate
    10% egg white

    Its a big mix, and probably unnecessary include that many different kinds, but as the soy, egg and whey concetrate are very cheap, and the other 2 are reasonable...it works out to about 5 or 6 dollars a pound with chocolate flavor. I buy in bulk so I dont really fret about having them mix so many different kinds.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by tatortodd
    The night time formula that I've been ordering from Protein customizer for over 8 months is:
    1. 62% Milk Protein Isolate
    2. 38% Whey Protein Isolate
    3. Chocolate Flavoring
    That comes out to $7.30 a pound before shipping. I like the Milk Protein Isolate because it is approximately 80% Micellar Casein and 20% Whey Protein Isolate. Basically, I'm getting 50% Micellar Casein and 50% Whey Protein Isolate and saving $2.30 per pound. Taste is subjective, but I like it and look forward to it.

    Also, compare this to Molecular Nutrition's Sustained Release protein over at bb.com which is $16.50 per pound before shipping.

    ~Todd
    Good suggestion. Of course you could substitute the whey isolate for whey concentrate and save a little more.

  5. thanks for the suggestions guys.

  6. 70/30 MPI/Egg here.

  7. I go with 100 percent milk isolate, chocolate, which is thick and chalky unless you add a little more water. Also, make 3 shakes ahead of time, the longer you let the milk isolate sit in the water the smoother it is, very cheap and nightime protein source.

  8. I'd been using my night time blend for over 7 months and had no idea how much the milk isolate thickened up until I got interrupted with a phone call after blending but before drinking. It wasn't as thick as the national brand shakes with all of the gums (guar, xantham, etc.) but the difference in thickness makes for some nice variety.

    ~Todd

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Blutarski
    I go with 100 percent milk isolate, chocolate, which is thick and chalky unless you add a little more water. Also, make 3 shakes ahead of time, the longer you let the milk isolate sit in the water the smoother it is, very cheap and nightime protein source.

    Agreed on the 100% MPI. I tried adding the Egg protein, but got insanely smelly farts that caused the dog to run yelping from the room.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 1st Order with Protein Customizer
    By tatortodd in forum Supplements
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 01:51 PM
  2. Protein Customizer
    By Sanosuke in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-25-2003, 12:10 AM
  3. Protein Customizers Egg protein
    By Iron Warrior in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 05:48 PM
  4. Protein Customizer
    By Intensified in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 12:39 AM
  5. Protein Customizer
    By jay12 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-02-2003, 01:47 AM
Log in
Log in