protein customizer sugestions

primal1

Awards
  • Established
any body have a good recipe for a budget night time formula that will is at least decent tasting?

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
The night time formula that I've been ordering from Protein customizer for over 8 months is:
  1. 62% Milk Protein Isolate
  2. 38% Whey Protein Isolate
  3. Chocolate Flavoring
That comes out to $7.30 a pound before shipping. I like the Milk Protein Isolate because it is approximately 80% Micellar Casein and 20% Whey Protein Isolate. Basically, I'm getting 50% Micellar Casein and 50% Whey Protein Isolate and saving $2.30 per pound. Taste is subjective, but I like it and look forward to it.

Also, compare this to Molecular Nutrition's Sustained Release protein over at bb.com which is $16.50 per pound before shipping.

~Todd

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
any body have a good recipe for a budget night time formula that will is at least decent tasting?
I use a blend of:
30% Milk Isolate
25% Caseinate
25 Whey Concentrate
10% soy isolate
10% egg white

Its a big mix, and probably unnecessary include that many different kinds, but as the soy, egg and whey concetrate are very cheap, and the other 2 are reasonable...it works out to about 5 or 6 dollars a pound with chocolate flavor. I buy in bulk so I dont really fret about having them mix so many different kinds.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
The night time formula that I've been ordering from Protein customizer for over 8 months is:
  1. 62% Milk Protein Isolate
  2. 38% Whey Protein Isolate
  3. Chocolate Flavoring
That comes out to $7.30 a pound before shipping. I like the Milk Protein Isolate because it is approximately 80% Micellar Casein and 20% Whey Protein Isolate. Basically, I'm getting 50% Micellar Casein and 50% Whey Protein Isolate and saving $2.30 per pound. Taste is subjective, but I like it and look forward to it.

Also, compare this to Molecular Nutrition's Sustained Release protein over at bb.com which is $16.50 per pound before shipping.

~Todd
Good suggestion. Of course you could substitute the whey isolate for whey concentrate and save a little more.

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I go with 100 percent milk isolate, chocolate, which is thick and chalky unless you add a little more water. Also, make 3 shakes ahead of time, the longer you let the milk isolate sit in the water the smoother it is, very cheap and nightime protein source.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I'd been using my night time blend for over 7 months and had no idea how much the milk isolate thickened up until I got interrupted with a phone call after blending but before drinking. It wasn't as thick as the national brand shakes with all of the gums (guar, xantham, etc.) but the difference in thickness makes for some nice variety.

~Todd

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I go with 100 percent milk isolate, chocolate, which is thick and chalky unless you add a little more water. Also, make 3 shakes ahead of time, the longer you let the milk isolate sit in the water the smoother it is, very cheap and nightime protein source.

Agreed on the 100% MPI. I tried adding the Egg protein, but got insanely smelly farts that caused the dog to run yelping from the room.