morning shake

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
When I wake up I down a whey shake usually with some carbs, well it always fills me up and im never hungry for breakfast. How do I fix this?

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
well, if the shake you are drinking is your 1st meal of the day, and has 40gms. protein or so, plus you are taking in some carbs- oatmeal? or whatever the case may be, that would be considered a meal. you don't really need to eat anything else for another two hours, -possibly a small snack in between..unless you are in a rush in the morning, go with some egg whites, egg white omelet w/ some sliced turkey/tomato in it, bowl of oats, something alittle more substantial..save the shake for the 2nd meal when you're at work or on the go. some people just don't have much appetite in the morning hours.. after a good nights sleep and prolonged period of no meals, the morning hours are critical in terms of getting in your protein and carbs and kick-starting your metabolism for the day..

L

liftHardorDie

Awards
Damn, that **** was confusing Sinon. You need some grammer practice. Then i found out you were from Texas, and that explained it, so don't trip.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I always have a shake for breakfast
2scoops whey 8oz milk 2tbls PB mmmm

before im aware of what im doing, its down the hatch :D

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
You live in California, I live in California too and let me tell you it's no golden place here.

We're one of the only states that allow cousins to marry one another.

And you're making fun of someone else?

Wow.

I believe that "I" was suppose to be capitalized by the way, therefore I'm not sure I'd want you grading my english report.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Damn, that **** was confusing Sinon. You need some grammer practice. Then i found out you were from Texas, and that explained it, so don't trip.
It's GRAMMAR so obviously he's not the only one.

S

Sk8erboy

Banned
Awards
Ouch burnnnn.

Yet you say your from Cali though your myspace states otherwise west Virginia which is where MSU is.

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
Ouch burnnnn.

Yet you say your from Cali though your myspace states otherwise west Virginia which is where MSU is.
Um my MySpace says Sacramento, California. I attended Mountain State University to persue a computer science career until moving here to persue a career in the fitness industry after entitling a certification from ACE.

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
You criticize me on grammar, then use a comma splice? Sorry, I was in a hurry. Also, im using a phone. Thank you to the guys who actually put in valuable input.

U

UKStrength

This thread took an odd turn.
I agree :) To answer the OP's question, just exhange your whey 'shake' for perhaps a 'whole food' meal?

Here are some ideas:

3 egg Omelette with a bowl of oats and blueberries.

Whey protein in a bowl of oatmeal, with sliced banana and a teaspoon of almond butter.

Fresh fruit salad with probiotic yogurt (live cultures), slivered almonds, mixed seeds, and a fruit flavoured protein shake on the side.

Protein pancakes :) Here's a fantastic recipe: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recipes/41367-giant-protein-pancake.html

...there's so many options mate, find something you like and eat up!