Fish oil

Zombie Inc

Awards
I've used Biotests Flameout for the last 5-6 months and am about to run out. Flameout was really expensive(30$ for 22 servings). I was wondering what other options are out there. I tried scanning the nutraplanet site, but I didn't see a filter for just fish oil. Thanks!

UKStrength

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now Super EPA 240 count...

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
or just go the cheap route and get 1000 caps (kilogram) of fish oil for only $26 bucks

does anyone actually notice any big effects from them tho? im trying like 30 caps a day now been doin it prolly 2 week. i was doing it for my joints but all i notice is my facial hair grows fast as ****. before that i was taking about 2-6 a day for the past 2 yrs so i dont rly know what its like to not be on them?

Nate101

Awards
30 caps a day? I usually take two caps of fish oil a day... Is there a benefit (without side effects) to taking more? Any recommendations???

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
i like nutra's bulk caps got a thousand of em and the bottle is huge

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
i like nutra's bulk caps got a thousand of em and the bottle is huge
the bottle is really huge when I got mine I was like Damn!:bigeyes2: thats a lot of fish oil

Nate101

Awards
I usually take two caps of fish oil a day... Is there a benefit (without side effects) to taking more? Any recommendations???

mtd25

Awards
I take between 15-25 of the generic grocery store stuff a day. It's cheap, helps build muscle and is good for the heart, I think it thins the blood, but if you are taking it for muscle building purposes 2 caps a day won't do too much.

GNCPOV

Awards
The omega-3's (EPA & DHA) found in fish oils help regulate cholesterol levels, this is normally why it is considered heart-healthy. Just make sure whatever brand you end up getting is enteric and (hopefully) lemon-coated so it doesn't have the fishy repeats.

On a side note, bodybuilders take MUCH more than the average dose than most people take due to it's joint lubrication qualities and toning properties. The usual dose is around 900mg of the omega 3's a day, which most swallowable fish oils will have you taking 1-3 a day of. But as I said, bodybuilders can take up to 10-20g of the stuff a day if they are well-into HIT.

mtd25

Awards
Also if you leave the fish oil in the fridge, you don't have to worry about fish burps.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I wish nutra would get a bulk liquid fish oil, its so much nicer to take a few tablespoons compared to 45 pills throughout a day.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
that thread was the original reason i was megadosing... but so far, havnt really noticed any benefits. my skin is soft and im breaking out a little bit cuz my skin gets more oily...but not gaining weight easier

Nate101

Awards
How long do you megadose? do you need to cycle a megadose?

UKStrength

How long do you megadose? do you need to cycle a megadose?
You only mega dose for a maximum of 2 months and then reduce the dosage down to a more 'normal' 20g a day.

Depending on what you believe around the 'inflammation and muscle growth' argument, I'd save this protocol for during a cut when muscle growth will be minimal anyway.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
week 3 now on the megadosing. i think im just gona cut back to like 15g/day tho now

dhstylez

Awards
So I was looking at the Omega-3 (1000 capsules) at Nutraplanet and was wondering if anyone knew what: "Natural Marine Complex" meant?

Natural Marine Complex 2000 mg **
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 360 mg **
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 240 mg **
It comes out to about 7c for 600mg of EPA/DHA, which is much much cheaper than what I've seen. I was either thinking about getting this or the Super EPA (120 softgels) by NOW Foods but that comes to about 10c for 600mg (more or less). Recommendations? Experiences? And hopefully I didn't mess up on the math.

Or possibly Omega-3 by NOW Foods. (I would post links to Nutra site but post count fail)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Punkrocker Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 37
CATdiesel76 Supplements 16
Dustin07 Supplements 22
GreenMachineX Supplements 19