Anti-E's bad for ligaments/tendons?

muffinman

Awards
Hi everyone, this is my first post here but I have been a member for while and would not go anywhere else to learn and get information. I have learned an enormous amount of info from here since I signed up.

So I was wondering, I know that lowering estrogen usually causes joint soreness and pain. So would lowering it be bad for someone who is trying to rehab or recover from some sort of tendon or ligament injury or is the drying out of the joints not much of an issue?

The reason I ask is because I recently had my shoulder scoped and I am considering using an anti-e or AI along with other things for a stack to get into shape again. I appreciate any and all advice thanks!

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
Yea ai's do dry out the joints like you said so I would hold off on them until all is cleared with your shoulder. If you do go through with the AI you should try taking in lots of efa's. They will help keep the joints lubed up.

muffinman

Awards
Thanks for the input gogo I appreciate it. I have efa's and cissus that I will use as staples for when I do start back up again whether it be soon or if I wait longer.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
Right on bro, glad i could help. Glucosamine(sp?) works too, well for some. Doesn't do a thing for me.

muffinman

Awards
Ok thanks man, I def have more faith in the cissus than glucosamine. I'll probably start soon since I'm starting physical therapy, all the healing is done so I think everything will be fine.