1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Digestive enzymes

what are the best and most cost effective digestive enzymes? whenever i eat i get full for a long time and can't eat every few hours like i want to. I had 2 scoops of optimum whey in skim milk this morning for breakfast and an apple and i felt like crap. the only thing that helps is taking enzymes. are these good to take all the time? and is there a reason i would need digestive enzymes? like a medical issue or do some people just have less than others?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.44%

Do you have any food allergies or intolerances? I seem to have an allergy/intolerance to wheat products. It's probably the gluten that's doing it. I get the same problem as you with bloating and inflammation in my stomach and I can feel full and bloated for hours. The best digestive enzymes I have found are Wobenzym, Medizym and Flavenzym. All 3 products are basically the same exact thing but Flavenzym is kind of a generic version of Wobenzym and Medizym and it is much cheaper (but it's still expensive). You have to buy it at vitacost.com. I've tried cheap and expensive digestive enzymes and flavenzym works the best for me. Drinking aloe vera juice and taking probiotics may also help you.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.42%

I just started taking Bromelain and Probiotics. First clean yourself out, then take these supps for about a week. After a day or 2 you start feeling normal. At least I did.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.64%

Quote Originally Posted by Dath View Post
    Do you have any food allergies or intolerances? I seem to have an allergy/intolerance to wheat products. It's probably the gluten that's doing it. I get the same problem as you with bloating and inflammation in my stomach and I can feel full and bloated for hours. The best digestive enzymes I have found are Wobenzym, Medizym and Flavenzym. All 3 products are basically the same exact thing but Flavenzym is kind of a generic version of Wobenzym and Medizym and it is much cheaper (but it's still expensive). You have to buy it at vitacost.com. I've tried cheap and expensive digestive enzymes and flavenzym works the best for me. Drinking aloe vera juice and taking probiotics may also help you.
    i don't have any food allergies. it's any food that does it to me. i was taking the cheap ones from walmart but they weren't doing much so i bought some from vitamin world and they seem to be working pretty good.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.64%

gluten digest made by NOW seems to have everyting needed but there's only 2 left on nutra planet.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.61%

RPN's Gut Health has worked wonders for me. Personally, it takes about two weeks for it to set in. Once it sets I feel wonderful. No bloating, gas, and always regular. If anyone tries to get a hold of me at 8:30 AM any day, they won't. (If you get what I mean) Its also very cheap and is a staple for me.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/r...h-35-caps.html
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%

I've use NOW Foods, and they are very good (quality / cost)

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...-180-tabs.html
    Hurry only 9 left.

Maybe add somo gut health also that would make it a total 10.

8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.64%

Quote Originally Posted by fightercowboy View Post
    RPN's Gut Health has worked wonders for me. Personally, it takes about two weeks for it to set in. Once it sets I feel wonderful. No bloating, gas, and always regular. If anyone tries to get a hold of me at 8:30 AM any day, they won't. (If you get what I mean) Its also very cheap and is a staple for me.

yea i've used that before. i felt good right away but it only lasted for like 2 weeks then it was back to normal

Similar Forum Threads

1. Are Digestive Enzymes... really... necessary?
    By Outstanding in forum Supplements
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 06:48 PM
  2. digestive enzymes
    By mkretz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 11:33 AM
  3. Digestive Enzymes
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 10:04 AM
  4. Digestive Enzymes