Anxiety and Depression Supplements

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Anxiety and Depression Supplements


    Trying to go the natural route before medication. Going through a tough time. Would like to see if I can go natural first. Thanks


  2. L-Theanine promotes relaxation and may up your mood a bit. A not-so-natural choice is Phenibut. I've had great success with eliminating anxiety and boosting my mood considerably with Phenibut.
    •   
       


  3. i hear ya bro...im on a low dose of zoloft and klonopin and it seems to be helping...much respect for trying the natural route first...im sure its much healthier in the long run...best of luck to ya man

  4. L-theanine is good stuff, look into bacopa monnieri, rhidiola rosea, ashwagandha, and holy basil.
    doing my own thang!

  5. phenibut, Axcite seems to help... Those are the best legal ones
    •   
       


  6. just be careful with the herbal supps for those disorders. you can very easily take something that will make you far worse. go to a reputable psych and you can discuss natural products with them. self diagnosing is dangerous. good luck

  7. I have been there done that, bought the t-shirt.. No fun at all..THis is what I would suggest first Ok:
    1. Add "happy" foods to your diet such as almonds, kelp, sesame seeds, tofu.
    **NOTE: The estrogen content of tofu is void and null if the tofu is fermented, so look at buying Tempeh. Go to a Japanese or Asian market for this.
    2. Grab some 5-HTP & SAM-E. Start with 50mg's of 5-HTP before bed, and take SAM-E first thing in the morning.
    3. If and when you experience anxiety remember it is only temporary, and it will pass.
    4. Try and reconnect to what you use to like doing i.e. if you liked building model cars, go to the hobby store and do that. The idea is to reward yourself cause you do deserve it.
    5. Exercise and get plenty of fresh air... Not enough can be said about that.
    6. Make changes that are high stress markers i.e. If you feel like puking every time you walk into your current job, its time to look elsewhere, and remember its always easier to look for a job while you have one .
    7. Read at night, not only is this a good distraction, it exercises your eyes and you will get sleepy. I would suggest reading the Bible for some spiritual strength.. Lots of examples of people pulling through some rough times. Just breathe in and out and relax...

    Don't forget you are not alone.. Its a rough battle and look at the good qualities you have and focus on that, we all have bad ones, but the good ones is what makes us all unique.

    When I face a bad situation whether in real life or the anxiety gets so big in my mind, I just say "Let the storm pass through you". You will remain standing, and come out on top.. I can say lots on this topic as I have had to battle a marriage that fell apart, I survived the hit with no family while I was in another country, and did alot of praying. I was never alone.
    Don't hesitate to ask..
    MK9

  8. self talk helps...holybasil,high energy and test seem to work also...zma and gaba help me sleep

  9. I'm going to offer some good advice:

    Use L-Tyrosine and PEA. I'm not sure about the long term effects, but it sure makes me feel good! Euphoria central baby...

    Here's some useful info:

    Your mood can be manipulated by neurotransmitters like epinephrine, norepinephrine, seratonin, and dopamine. Your body naturally has MAOs, which degrade neurotransmitters and decrease their activity. Doctors prescribe MAO Inhibitor medicine for depression, but there are natural MAOIs. Tyrosine can ferment in the gut, producing Tyramine. Tyramine is a strong MAOI. You can take an L-Tyrosine supplement, or eat aged cheeses. Cheese syndrome was found when someone was using MAOI medicine and eating aged cheeses together. This inhibited MAO activity to the point of a headache and can actually be quite dangerous. The good news: You can use L-Tyrosine (which can ferment in the gut and produce Tyramine), or aged cheeses (because the aged cheeses are rich in Tyramine due to fermentation of naturally occurring L-Tyrosine) to boost your mood and neurotransmitter activity. You can find other natural MAOIs and certain precursors to further boost your mood. I like to add a little 5HTP (Seratonin precursor) to my stack, I'm not sure how well it works though. My favorite pair are L-Tyrosine and PEA.

  10. Good info Delita420!
    Whats your dosage like for L-Tyrosine and PEA? How long do the effects last?
    MK9

  11. All the posts so far are great suggestions, especially the l-theanine, 5-htp, and SamE. If i could add a suggestion i would also say St. John's Wort. St. John's Wart is a great natural herb for Depression. It has the similar efficiency as some of the antidepressants. I would highly recommend trying it. You can get it at most supplement stores.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by MK9 View Post
    Good info Delita420!
    Whats your dosage like for L-Tyrosine and PEA? How long do the effects last?
    MK9
    I enjoy 1500mg L-Tyrosine about an hour before I dose the PEA, but it's effective at 750mg too... This increases the duration of the PEA, as well as the effects. The dose of PEA can be anywhere from 50mg-250mg, depending on my mood and what I'm about to do. This all works best on an empty stomach. Warning: It will most likely decrease your appetite. I find it's pretty strong for a few hours, and gets weaker over the next few hours.

    Another natural MAOI to look into is yohimbine.

  13. By all means do find a good Psychologist, someone who specializes in CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy). They can provide you more tools and be able to work with you through your situation. My previous therapist was all about going natural.. I was given a Rx for Effexor and after reading the side effects I decided to not go that route.
    One size does not fit all when it comes to antidepressants, different parts of the brain may be affected so for example effexor might work the frontal lobes when the target is suppose to be the rear.. Just using that as an analogy as to how prescription meds target certain parts of the brain.

    My wakey wakey morning happy stack consists of 750 Mg's of aniracetam, 2.8 grams of Piracetam, Orange juice, and a healthy walk to work.. I come in kicking a$$ and taking names

    My anxiety is knocked out, plus I do lots of training during the week.. You're gonna beat this one my friend!
    MK9

  14. Doctors tried to prescribe me some anti-depressants, that **** made me go whacko lol! I'd pass them out to my friends and everyone would get cheese syndrome (I'm assuming we didn't need the medication), including me! I found the best cure is exercising 3-5 times per week, and eating a balanced diet. Note: My condition is anxiety, not depression. Umm, but the doctors know what they are doing... Right?

  15. i think paxil has caused my test levels to be low..and i havent taken paxil for over 2 yrs

  16. anxiety is fear....find out what your fear is and you should be able to get ahold and control your anxiety..

  17. Phenylethylamine has been shown at least indirectly to satisfy the four main criteria required to demonstrate that a neuroamine sustains mood and that its deficit can be responsible for depression. Antidepressant drug therapy is an indirect (pharmacological) "replacement" of brain phenylethylamine.

    Infusion of phenylethylamine increases extracellular levels of dopamine while at the same time inhibiting DA neuron firings. It also modulates noradrenergic transmission. Phenylethylamine, along with tyramine, reversibly depresses the slow GABAB receptor inhibitory post-synaptic potential in midbrain dopaminergic cells.

    Low levels are found in those suffering from attention deficit disorder and often in depression, while levels are elevated in schizophrenia. This is associated with low dopamine in ADHD and depression and high dopamine in schizophrenia.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate2827 View Post
    anxiety is fear....find out what your fear is and you should be able to get ahold and control your anxiety..
    My anxiety is easily controlled by exercise... Anxiety doesn't control my life, I control my anxiety... It's my slave!

  19. my gf has adhd and her dad has schizophrenia. interesting

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Delita420 View Post
    My anxiety is easily controlled by exercise... Anxiety doesn't control my life, I control my anxiety... It's my slave!
    i have fear of being sick and exercise,handwashing,eating right controls my fears..

  21. Quote Originally Posted by MK9 View Post
    By all means do find a good Psychologist, someone who specializes in CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy). They can provide you more tools and be able to work with you through your situation. My previous therapist was all about going natural.. I was given a Rx for Effexor and after reading the side effects I decided to not go that route.
    One size does not fit all when it comes to antidepressants, different parts of the brain may be affected so for example effexor might work the frontal lobes when the target is suppose to be the rear.. Just using that as an analogy as to how prescription meds target certain parts of the brain.

    My wakey wakey morning happy stack consists of 750 Mg's of aniracetam, 2.8 grams of Piracetam, Orange juice, and a healthy walk to work.. I come in kicking a$$ and taking names

    My anxiety is knocked out, plus I do lots of training during the week.. You're gonna beat this one my friend!
    MK9
    Lots of good info in this thread, especially from the above poster. I've struggled with this same stuff since I was a teen and was always embarressed about it, kind of eats at your confidence if you let it. Having hypoglycemia doesnt help things either. Finally at the age of 28, I've begun taking hold of the negative internal dialogue that comes from my social anxiety/depression and found ways to handle these thoughts positively or atleast nuetrally.

    Ive tried Paxil, Zoloft, and another I forget the name of. Zoloft helped the most, but all screw with your libido and really only numb things to an extent. This could be helpful I suppose for short periods of time when the anxiety/depression one experiences seems unbearable at the time.

    I like most of the adaptagen herbs, Rhodiola and Shizandra especially. Careful with stim use, quite a few out there can make things worse for people like us. A couple unexpected natural tools Ive found are Sustain Alpha from PP and Supersap from USP , I get more at ease and talkative using these, but I assume this helps hormone balance for me which very well might not be an issue for others and their anxiety/depression. But needless to say an unbalanced hormone profile can only makes things worse.Good luck.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by z28man View Post
    Lots of good info in this thread, especially from the above poster. I've struggled with this same stuff since I was a teen and was always embarressed about it, kind of eats at your confidence if you let it. Having hypoglycemia doesnt help things either. Finally at the age of 28, I've begun taking hold of the negative internal dialogue that comes from my social anxiety/depression and found ways to handle these thoughts positively or atleast nuetrally.

    Ive tried Paxil, Zoloft, and another I forget the name of. Zoloft helped the most, but all screw with your libido and really only numb things to an extent. This could be helpful I suppose for short periods of time when the anxiety/depression one experiences seems unbearable at the time.

    I like most of the adaptagen herbs, Rhodiola and Shizandra especially. Careful with stim use, quite a few out there can make things worse for people like us. A couple unexpected natural tools Ive found are Sustain Alpha from PP and Supersap from USP , I get more at ease and talkative using these, but I assume this helps hormone balance for me which very well might not be an issue for others and their anxiety/depression. But needless to say an unbalanced hormone profile can only makes things worse.Good luck.
    The one I tried was Lexapro, it would only take a small sliver of the pill to induce the cheese syndrome. I would clench my jaw and grind my teeth. My body would get stiff as a board. I could have s3x for hours and not cum. I DC'ed that med a couple weeks into it, realizing it wasn't supposed to make me feel like that. LOL! This was about 7-8 years ago.

  23. right now i take klonopin 0.5mg in the moring and again at 3pm 0.5.. that really helps the social anxiety...i also have low test levels. im below 200 i have tried everything natural and nothing works

  24. Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate2827 View Post
    right now i take klonopin 0.5mg in the moring and again at 3pm 0.5.. that really helps the social anxiety...i also have low test levels. im below 200 i have tried everything natural and nothing works
    You could give Divanil a shot...

  25. women respond better to paxil,lexapro,etc...docs told me not to take klonopin cuz ill be hooked... i have stopped it many times and had no probs. its one of the better meds for men..

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Delita420 View Post
    You could give Divanil a shot...
    im having the works done tomorrow.. i have to have blood taken and they are checking everything this time round...right off the bat they wanted to put me on androgel...i know nothing about androgel on how well it works if at all and the sides. this is the fourth opion i have gotten on the test issues.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate2827 View Post
    im having the works done tomorrow.. i have to have blood taken and they are checking everything this time round...right off the bat they wanted to put me on androgel...i know nothing about androgel on how well it works if at all and the sides. this is the fourth opion i have gotten on the test issues.
    How old are you?

  28. 29 be 30 in aug

  29. i took paxil from when i was 19yrs to 27yrs it was a b1tch to quit..

  30. Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate2827 View Post
    29 be 30 in aug
    Hormone replacement therapy does not fix anything, but it will replace what you are lacking. HRT is usually a one way trip, and will lower your natural test production further. I'd save it for the last resort.

    Try the nettle extract Divanil or Divanex. Other herbs to try are longjack 100:1 and the horny goat weed extract Icariin 50%. I notice them working at age 24, so I'm sure you'll notice something too.

    You could also try an AI (aromatase inhibitor). This would be much safer than HRT if it works. Research AI if you are interested. There are a few you can purchase legally. I like 6-bromo, found in Hyperdrol X2. The other AI you can try is Formestane in a topical cream.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Trisorbagen depression/anxiety
    By whiskers in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 03:25 PM
  2. Anxiety/depression on Epidrol?
    By z28man in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 11:06 PM
  3. Venom- depression/anxiety for ME
    By beeph in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 09:15 PM
  4. cortisol and depression/anxiety
    By ms84 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-03-2007, 03:17 PM
  5. Anxiety/Depression supp's
    By Whiskey Steve in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Log in
Log in