Hair removal cream that actually works?

sgcarpenter

Awards
Does anybody have advice on a decent hair removal cream that actually works? Maybe I'm just lazy, but after I bust my ass for 2 hours in the gym, the last thing I want to do is spend time in the shower with a razor on my arms and legs. I'm looking for something that someone has had good results with. Cheers

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
I've used Nair for Men in the past. It works good at removing the hair, but for me anyways, it only takes 3-5 days before the hair starts growing back.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Used to be only Jan Tana worked for heavy hair removal.. now I am using Veet and it's even better. My experiences with nair are not good. Get the milder Veet it smells less.

mytime09

mytime09

Awards
theres another thread on this already in the general chat forum. VEET works pretty good and it takes like 3 minutes. Check it out man tell me how you like it.

UKStrength

I use that Veet cream regularly, works wonders for leg hair and takes at most 10 minutes for the thickest of hides :) Although it doesn't last very long as bludevil mentioned.

If you want a better solution, have a proper full-body wax. Costs a bit more, hurts like hell, but last a heck of a lot longer.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
awesome thread... i was just thinking about this the other day...

sgcarpenter

Awards
Thanks for the imput fellas. I guess I will try the Veet. What do the pros use? I can't believe one of the supp. companies hasn't sunk a little research into this. I would think that the demand for hairless physiques in our little world would be a gold mine for one of them. Hear that supplement companies! Somebody with a science degree get on this!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the imput fellas. I guess I will try the Veet. What do the pros use? I can't believe one of the supp. companies hasn't sunk a little research into this. I would think that the demand for hairless physiques in our little world would be a gold mine for one of them. Hear that supplement companies! Somebody with a science degree get on this!
Jan Tana was always what was used before but it isn't as easy to get as VEET and VEET works just as well or better.

bmxrazr

Awards
Dude this is crazy, I was just about to start a thread like this today. Ok brief history, I shave my legs due to my bike riding and running and the need to massage my legs after a long, bust @ss session. I have tried Veet, Nair, and Nads. Everytime, all I would get is burned skin, with NO hair removal. Finally I just said I will give up on lotions and just shave. Well, today I was at the store and picked up Sally Hansen's Extra strength hair removal cream for men. I took it home and tested a small area on my upper thigh and lower lower. Within 5 minutes and using the included "razorblade", the hair come right off with no irritation! Needless to say, I will be trying a whole leg tomorrow to see if it actually does work. Will let you all know how it goes and for anyone interested search for -

Sally Hansen Hansen Maximum Strength Hair Remover Lotion for Men

bmxrazr

Awards
Yea, I remember my roommate, could just go and buy one from walmart and use it successfully but if he shaved, he would be burned and break out all over the place....lucky bastard lol.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i got burned with veet and nair extra strength for men... im hairy as Sh!t now what i just did today 2nd time ever was use nads for men hair removal put it on my back chest and upper arms. 10 mins wiped it off.. you will have lil hairs left behind but no big deal use a razor and it takes like 10 mins top to smooth up.. however it grows back kinda stubly within 4-6 days =/

AT350Kobra

Awards
With VEET does it itch when the hair starts growing back? After my last experience shaving my chest I can't take the terrible itching again.

UKStrength

With VEET does it itch when the hair starts growing back? After my last experience shaving my chest I can't take the terrible itching again.
A little bit, the trick is to exfoliate regularly. Same with shaving.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever tried those 'smooth away' pads that you see advertised on TV? It's just polishing grade sandpaper. I keep thinking I should just go get a pack of 2000 grit and give it a go..

bmxrazr

Awards
Alright guys, used that Sally Hansen for men, and needless to say i'm in the middle. The stuff actually worked, with little irritation on my upper legs, but it took me almost an hour to do both legs! I think I will just stick with shaving until I can afford some pain-free electrolysis therapy.

UKStrength

Anyone tried an epilator?

I'd imagine it'd be no good for thick hair but could it be used after you've shortened it substantially (e.g. by using Veet).

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
Nair for men works pretty well but smells terrible. Also, DO NOT get it on your balls, :dunno:, or other sensitive areas.

choke666

Awards
Nair for men works pretty well but smells terrible. Also, DO NOT get it on your balls, :dunno:, or other sensitive areas.
stay away from nipples..they burn for daaayyyysssss

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
a full body wax....ick....no one is putting any wax on my butt....

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i got that nads for men on my nips didnt burn at all its a lil less harsh then nair and works better...

and yea i find it awkward too like getting an ass wax wat if i schedule it and get a hottt ass girl to wax thats embarrising