bcaa 5000 or Xtend

shimshadee

Awards
would you guys recommened taking Optimum's BCAA 5000 or Xtend for intra workout drink? I'm looking for a energy boost while I'm workin out.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Xtend + Nutraplanet bulk BCAAs all the way.

Half and half mix...economical and delicious. As far as energy boost, though, it's not quite what you think it is.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Xtend + Nutraplanet bulk BCAAs all the way.

Half and half mix...economical and delicious. As far as energy boost, though, it's not quite what you think it is.
AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
Ya, I usually get the xtend then add bulk leucine.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Xtend all the way. Not great for energy, but really helps with recovery.

I really think dsade's ideas is genius. If you want energy you may wanna add some taurine+caffeine. Be careful how much caffeine you put in if you are already on stims or you pre-workout contains them.

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
I have Purple Wraath and the BCAA 5000. I mix about half a scoop of the Wraath and 1 tsp of the BCAA 500 in about 25 oz of water and sip throughout weights and cardio. That way I can stretch how long the Wraath will last without diminished effect.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Xtend all the way. Not great for energy, but really helps with recovery.

I really think dsade's ideas is genius. If you want energy you may wanna add some taurine+caffeine. Be careful how much caffeine you put in if you are already on stims or you pre-workout contains them.
but instead caffeine maybe green tea powder....nutra has this?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and what do uou thisnk of Amino Vital 7,500 ER here the specs:

Feed your muscles with Amino Vital 7,500 ER. The unique combination of BCAAs, glutamine and arginine reduces the catabolic effects of strenuous exercise and replenishes amino acid stores to help you rebuild muscle tissue immediately—even as you train.

7,500 ER Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 Level Scoop(24g)
Servings Per Container 20
Amount Per Serving
Calories 90
Total Carbohydrate 13g
Sugar 1g
Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid) 184mg
Calcium 85mg
Phosphorus 59mg
Sodium 20mg
Potassium 180mg
Amino Acids 7,500mg
(Proprietary Blend) L-Glutamine, L-Arginine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine

7,500 ER Other Ingredients
Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Natural Flavors, Calcium Lactate, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Aspartame, Calcium Citrate Tetrahydrate, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Oxide Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine

7,500 ER Suggested Use:
Use during training and competition. Mix one scoop with 20 fl. oz. of water in a water bottle and shake well.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i think what sets xtend apart from others is its glutamine and the fact that there is citrulline malate in there. Not all of them have glutamine and I dont think i have really come across one with CM.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and Xtend is still one of the cheapest amino blends I have found that is flavored.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the only time I take it consistently is post workout. otherwise it might be sometime throughout the day when i feel as if i should take it... like in between meals or if i wont be able to eat for awhile.

i would probably take it intra, but my school gym doesnt allow anything but water into the gym soooo......it sucks.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the only time I take it consistently is post workout. otherwise it might be sometime throughout the day when i feel as if i should take it... like in between meals or if i wont be able to eat for awhile.

i would probably take it intra, but my school gym doesnt allow anything but water into the gym soooo......it sucks.
yeah it`s suck is only aminoacids is the same S*** like eat a lean beef or chicken ,turkey whatever healthy beef!

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
i drink a ton of extend but will be switching to AI/White Label recoverpro when it hits the market

Marsh11

Marsh11

Awards
  • Established

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of... Never heard of a gym pulling that s*it before.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dont get me wrong, i tried to sneak it in, but a curious employee came over to me and asked what it was, sniffied it and then dumped it down the drain i was furious. I guess thats what you get when you go to a school gym tho....

steam

steam

Awards
  • Established
i take 4 scoops every workout day...2 during and 2 more with my postwo shake....if u wanna save money, a cup of joe pre workout works