MMA fighter W/ supplement/nutrition help

mattdemateis

mattdemateis

Awards
Hey everyone,

Hopefully you guys can help me out, i am a 19 year old aspiring MMA fighter who has been conditioning and training for 18 months. I train MMA skills and lift weights, run and stretch - so i believe i am preparing myself adequately for a fight based on the fact that i am always working to increase my muscular strength, muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, and flexibility.

I am 5'' foot 9'' and weigh about 167, this last year when i focused more on weight training i reached 183 pounds but then quickly realized it would be a mistake to try and compete at this weight based on my height. so now i want to fight at 165 pounds but be stronger than i was at 183 - i will know when that is once i can bench press 225 pounds 20 times.

I would like to request any helpful input on MMA training and and conditioning i can do when i am not in the gym besides the obvious like push ups and shadow boxing - because i wont have access to any weights or tools for the next 2 weeks.

The supplements i currently take on a regular basis are ...

-whey protein_ 1 serving/33grams at least 3 times throughout the day
-L glutamine__ about 7 grams throughout the day mixed in w/ my protein
-AGX sports product_ RAW MCC which is a magnesium reacted creatine designed to yield "rapid strength and hardened muscles" _ 4 grams a day mixed in w/ protein
-AGX sports product_ "amplify 02" ( nitric oxide, creatine ethel ester and focus amplifier)_ 1 serving 30-45 minutes before workout
-Myo Shcok (by muscle tech) (so far is crap) 1 serving 30-45 minutes before workout
- animal pack _ one serving in the morning when i wake up and another post workout

here is where i need some info, the next two supplements are test boosters_ i need to know if i need to cycle them w/ anything or if they will mess up my hormones in any fashion

-tribulus 1,000 mg _ one in morning one later in day
and
-cryotest (by muscletech) one serving in morning and one before workout

i would really like to know what you guys think of this stack. what is crap? (muscletech hha) and what is good?

also any info on the two test boosters would be a huge help b/c i don't really understand how they work ...

what else could i be taking to see some lean muscle mass gains? that is reasonable and not illegal

also any fellow martial artists that wish to share some tips on how to train when going on a trip where all u have is your own body would to work with would be very helpful

thanks so much you guys, this is my first post, sry its so long and random..

thanks!:lick:

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been doing muay thai kickboxing for the last 3 years and few supplements that have worked for me when training if your looking for something help endurance when training you might look into MST's Cordygen nice results on that. They also make a great sleep stack with Somnidren and ZMK was nice for those hard days where you need that deep recoperative sleep. If your looking for something with Leucine which noticed your already taking recommend looking into Xtend for intra workout drink. Also just a general rule of thumb wouldn't use anything from muscletech but thats me. If your looking to absolutely go the route of test booster which at 19 isn't really needed look into DTHC from Get Diesel, Stoked by Anabolic Innovations or Blue Up by Controlled labs.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Of all the aforementioned supps you mentioned, I would only keep the whey protein.

If you are going on a short trip (<2 weeks) I would just forego any training as your conditioning will not dramatically decline in that period.

Azaloth

Awards
I also train MT/MMA. PrepNwa23 gave you some great advice. MST do indeed have a number of supplements that work well for the combat athlete, particularly their products containing Cordyceps which I have found to help noticeably with musclar endurance.

You may also want to look into a stack of RPM/Drive from Applied Neutraceutials, or just RPM solo if you can only pick one. Taken pre-training session it will help "dial you in" and you won't get tired as fast. It should also help you bang out a few extra reps on the bench.

Finally, I again second PrepNwa23 on his recommendations for a Test Booster. I've only used Diesel Test Hardcore but have heard good things about Stoked and have liked other products from the company. DTHC is a fantastic product that will definitely increase strength and aggresssion (desirable effects when you're a fighter).

Good luck.

scrappydog

Awards
General dietary supplements like fish oil, a greens formula and whey are always good.

I would also drop the rest of your supps and opt for a good beta alanine first.
After that I would look at the Cordygen products from MST and a good hydration drink. I actually like Biotest's Surge Pre workout fuel, it has Beta alanine in it already and citrulline malate. Both are things you'll notice. Add one of the cordygen's from Millenium and you'll be good to go.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
glad to see so many people recommending the Cordygen line in here :)

I am going to have to agree with them and fall in line. Corydgen 5 is a great product to help your long term endurance (lasts up to 12 hours) and also to enhance your oxygen uptake by 40%!!

Cordygen v02 ultra is a more rapid release formula so it doesn't last as long....but it kicks in faster and gives you a more powerful blast of our cordyceps!

Corydgen 5 is a great product to help your long term endurance (lasts up to 12 hours) and also to enhance your oxygen uptake by 40%!!
!
That is interesting and I would be interested in using the supplement.'

Who would I email to get more information on the number stated above?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
my dear apologies to anyone reading this, I made a slip of the key before entering my message. The statement I wished to make was "will increase your oxygen uptake by up to 40%.

If you do want to go ahead and check the logs being run by MMA fighters on the products, feel free as they will more than likely tell you the same, and if you would like to check logs from any athlete at all just let me know and i'm sure I can find a log that suits what you are looking to learn.

If you would like samples of any of the Cordygen line, please feel free to visit our website or if you'd like to send me a PM, I will put them into the warehouse for you.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, CTDeuce!

I'm dirt poor right now, and actually ran out of CRE02, so I bought some NOS Ether Level 1. Citrulline, creatine, beta alanine, solid stuff, right? I've put on 8lbs. THis is evidence as to how little CRE02 bloats you (I went straight from CRE02>NOS Ether). Also, though NOS Ether is great, it DOES NOT provide the peak performance I need in judo. It helps, but CRE02 propels! I simply love CRE02, and the benefits go way beyond athletic: immune system boosting, anti-oxidant, anti-stress, adaptogen.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, CTDeuce!

I'm dirt poor right now, and actually ran out of CRE02, so I bought some NOS Ether Level 1. Citrulline, creatine, beta alanine, solid stuff, right? I've put on 8lbs. THis is evidence as to how little CRE02 bloats you (I went straight from CRE02>NOS Ether). Also, though NOS Ether is great, it DOES NOT provide the peak performance I need in judo. It helps, but CRE02 propels! I simply love CRE02, and the benefits go way beyond athletic: immune system boosting, anti-oxidant, anti-stress, adaptogen.
hahaha did we make you a rep and no one told me or are you just THAT passionate about our stuff? ;)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol, no. I've just used a lot of stuff, been very active all my life, and realize what works. You guys are straight up no nonsense, with products that fit my needs better than any others.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Lol, no. I've just used a lot of stuff, been very active all my life, and realize what works. You guys are straight up no nonsense, with products that fit my needs better than any others.
yeah...I like that ;)