Recommend an Intra-Workout Supplement..

PaterSin

Awards
Hello, I just finished a tub of Intravol, wasn't half bad really. I've tried some intra-workout products like Volumaize, Purple Wraath, Synthesize, and SizeOn which was my favorite. Anybody wanna recommend me a new one please? Thanks and cheers!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Give LG's BC+EAA a shot. The new Kiwi-Watermelon is quite tasty

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Give LG's BC+EAA a shot. The new Kiwi-Watermelon is quite tasty
good choice

you can also go with Xtend and/or Purple Wraath

i say and/or because i actually stack these two with good results.

if you go that way, i recommend Xtend watermelon and Purple Wraath in juicy grape

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a big PW fan as well. Really enjoy the lemonade flavor.

PaterSin

Awards
Thanks for the input guys, and Ultima sounds pretty good, but isn't it a big creatine kinda product? Are there good results with it? Thanks!

orhochris

Awards
ALRI chain'd Out is pretty good. Xtend Is what I used to use up until March when i treid chain'd out at the Arnold. Phenomenal.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Intrabolic is the best one I have tried yet..

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man looks like youve already tried em all. You really love your intra-workout supps huh? I never tried one, what exactly are you getting out of em? energy or just starting the rebuilding process even earlier?

If anything Id suggest protein and or amino acids for intra workout. Definatly if your one of those long workout sessions guys. Im almost always not.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Ultima seems to be more of a preworkout product. I didn't care for the dose of beta alanine in intrabolic. Any bcaa or eaa product should suffice for an intraworkout supplement.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
make your own!!!
Creatine 5g
BCAA 10g
Extra leucine 3-5g
BA 3g
Glutamine 10g
15g WMS
Mix with H2O and crystal light or get Xtend and mix in the goodies

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
I really liked Training Day Game Time, but I drank it before. Having to digest durring a workout is a drain on energy, as it pulls more blood to the GI.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so many great products on the market for bcaa/eaa

ours in the watermelon/kiwi might be my new fav!

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
How come nobody mentioned Intra-Aid Citrus Burst from Universal Nutrition ??

That's by far the best tasting and best preforming intra-workout supplement I've tried (PurplE WrAAth is a very close second).

After I dose my Formex and X-Force pre-workout, I mix up 2 scoops of IA in a big bottle of smart water and I'm ready to destroy some weight ! :aargh:

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
universal Intra-Aid is the truth Go get! I have been using intra-aid plus Mrjack#d or Shock therapy or pump togathere they make a great Combo

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
How come nobody mentioned Intra-Aid Citrus Burst from Universal Nutrition ??

That's by far the best tasting and best preforming intra-workout supplement I've tried (PurplE WrAAth is a very close second).

After I dose my Formex and X-Force pre-workout, I mix up 2 scoops of IA in a big bottle of smart water and I'm ready to destroy some weight ! :aargh:
It's a shame they use a proprietary blend thus leaving the consumer to rely on the manufacturer to sensibly formulate the product. But looking at the product label, I would think 2 servings are likely to be required thus making it quite pricey.

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
make your own!!!
Creatine 5g
BCAA 10g
Extra leucine 3-5g
BA 3g
Glutamine 10g
15g WMS
Mix with H2O and crystal light or get Xtend and mix in the goodies
This is what I have been doing. I have Xtend and mix additional leucine and glutamine + WMS. I am looking at ordering BA and some Citrulline Malate in bulk and might add some of that in as well.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is what I have been doing. I have Xtend and mix additional leucine and glutamine + WMS. I am looking at ordering BA and some Citrulline Malate in bulk and might add some of that in as well.
I dont use glutamine at all, because from reading I was under the impression its mainly used only when cutting to maintiain muscle.

Is that true or can it be used bulking effectively as well? and is it best used intra workout like you do?

sorry for all the questions!

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
Glutamine gets used by your small intestine for energy before making it into the blood. It's the prefered source of energy for that organ. If you want to IV it, it could aid recovery.

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
The reason I have been using it is cause I have it laying around. Make myself feel good for throwing another thing in there!

Also, intra aid looks good, I just kinda wish it had some citrulline malate in there.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
It's a shame they use a proprietary blend thus leaving the consumer to rely on the manufacturer to sensibly formulate the product. But looking at the product label, I would think 2 servings are likely to be required thus making it quite pricey.
1 serving is plenty. With 1 serving of Intra-Aid you get 8 grms of high quality hydrolyzed whey, 10 grms of Free Form Amino Acids, 10 grms of carb & electrolytes.

I am not a big fan of prop blends either however I understand why they are used. It would do us no good to put out an underdosed product. We have a 30 year reputation and we are not going to risk it by putting out ineffective products to make a quick buck.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
1 serving is plenty. With 1 serving of Intra-Aid you get 8 grms of high quality hydrolyzed whey, 10 grms of Free Form Amino Acids, 10 grms of carb & electrolytes.

I am not a big fan of prop blends either however I understand why they are used. It would do us no good to put out an underdosed product. We have a 30 year reputation and we are not going to risk it by putting out ineffective products to make a quick buck.
Amen Brohiem.... Universal has been the real deal..... 30 years and still going....