Hydroxy-cut recall

H

hillbilly_210

Awards
Yhea and they just said on NBC nightly news that the gov said FDA oversite on supplements before they hit the shelves is long overdue. Get ready to kiss alot of supps goodbye because they are gonna run with this one just like they did with the ball player and ephedra.

-HB-

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
wow never really been a big fan of Hydroxy-cut

but yes things may change for the sup companies with all the ball players and everything else that has been in the news .

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Greaaaaat. Well they get that for taking MT products....

Anyhow....this does not bode well! What about Beer? It causes a hell of alot more deaths a year than 1-!!!!!!!! OMGWTF NO WAY!!!!!!

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
I think that they will clamp down on supplements in general soon. I searched but couldn't figure out what is in Hydroxycut that could cause liver problems. Because those ingredients are in a lot of different products. I am not sure Hydroxycut is to blame considering the ingredients and how many people have taken the product.

H

hillbilly_210

Awards
I think that they will clamp down on supplements in general soon. I searched but couldn't figure out what is in Hydroxycut that could cause liver problems. Because those ingredients are in a lot of different products. I am not sure Hydroxycut is to blame considering the ingredients and how many people have taken the product.
It doesn't matter if it caused it or not, the gov wants a complete take over of everything.

-HB-

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if hydroxycut is causing liver problems, imagine what all of these new age "cutting edge" supplements are doing to our bodies and brains. Who knows. I for one think that this is over due. I mean look at a list of ingredients on any BSN product. How long do you think those compounds have been studied? people literaly have no idea what they are doing to their bodies.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
I think they are claimining the Hydrocitric Acid is what is causing the liver problems!:wtf1:

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am so f'ing sick of this crap!

Swine flu - are you f'ing kidding me? Really is this a gag? Are people this stupid?

Hydroxycut - WTF?

Some a-hole I know had a seizure while taking it then the announcment came out that day and he blames it...

Jesus I hate people!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
agreed it always is pathetic. someone blames something else and doesnt take responsabilty. their fault and ignorance

i like to focus on the positive.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
noes! now i iz never gonz to got skinny!

hydroxycut sucks the donkey peen anyway.. lulz @ muscle-tech.

W

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
Greaaaaat. Well they get that for taking MT products....

Anyhow....this does not bode well! What about Beer? It causes a hell of alot more deaths a year than 1-!!!!!!!! OMGWTF NO WAY!!!!!!
yea but beer companies have lobbyists... and beer is as american as apple pie...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Such BS, don't we have real problems to tackle ? Besides, anyone buying MT products has to have some issues to begin with.

The supplement industry should never be judged by the FDA. I hope they don't get the power to regulate the supplement industry.

Phucking cheeseburgers have done much more damage than any supplement has !

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
Yeah this is BS, They say 23 cases linked to it, but they sold 9 million bottles last year alone.
I am not a big fan of Hydroxycut to begin with, but they always blow this stuff out of proportion.

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
9,000,000 bottles sold and 23 "cases". WTF?! There is no way they can blame hydroxycut for these "cases". Even at 230 it would be a huge leap. The general public is so stupid that they will eat this up. It's very sad.

This feels like their step one. Go after a Huge name supplement for no good reason. Then, once the public is concerned, they can open a can o whoopass on supplements in general. All in the name of "protecting" the people. Bullshit is all it is.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
9,000,000 bottles sold and 23 "cases". WTF?! There is no way they can blame hydroxycut for these "cases". Even at 230 it would be a huge leap. The general public is so stupid that they will eat this up. It's very sad.

This feels like their step one. Go after a Huge name supplement for no good reason. Then, once the public is concerned, they can open a can o whoopass on supplements in general. All in the name of "protecting" the people. Bullshit is all it is.
Hopefully the NNFA can do something about that. I'm also wondering if they'll just go after certain categories because if they mess with stuff like fish oil, calcium, vitamin C etc then there will be an uproar among the baby boomers.

I guess it's to go 100% black market with everything BBing related.

IvyLeaguePump

IvyLeaguePump

Awards
It might be difficult for massive government regulation as suggested above. Isn't there a law that allows supplement/herb/nutrient compounds to be unregulated if they existed before 1994?

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
Bastards. Tylenol kills more people every year than all supps combined ever has. The government does'nt care about your health,it's all about money and control.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Bastards. Tylenol kills more people every year than all supps combined ever has. The government does'nt care about your health,it's all about money and control.
I'm gonna keep this reply short. F@ck the gov and FDA. The above post is right on.

J

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree about most of the points on here, the only difference is alot of these substances have all been studied (tylenol etc.) From what it sounds like, people are having liver problems from taking recommended dosages. Now that being said, i don't want the goverment in my business, but i see a lot of young guys on here popping Superdrol, and god knows what else. And it seems as long as somene has done thier "homework" it is OK. The thing about illegal steroids is i can go on pubmed and read quite a bit, the thing about these new "designer" supplements is, their is no research, and who knows if the chemicals on the bottles are even correct. Someone on here posted an article out of pubmed about people being jaundice after a few weeks of Superdrol, well that is kind of scary because anadrol has been taken for months on end by anemia patients. That means things are available OTC that can cause harm quickly. I could probably write about this for hours, but that is the quick version, and we were actually haveing this talk in the gym the other day.