- 04-30-2009, 12:01 AM
I am trying to figure out exactly how I want to supplement healthy fats into my diet, and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions/protocol that they enjoy to use. I am looking into bulk fish oil, primarily, plus getting several packages of CLA to incorporate into my summer recomp. Are there any others that I should try to get in there as well? But I didn't know if a combination thing, like Animal's Omega product is a better choice. Any thoughts?
BTW I am 21, 6'2" approx 205 lbs
- 04-30-2009, 12:30 AM
My routine was to take 5-10g fish oil before bed depending on training intensity that day (more efa's for more physiological stress). Taking them before bed prevents burping that will definitely happen with a dose that size of bulk fish oil. I've switched to neptune Krill oil as I can just take three small pills for the same benefits. I highly recommend neptune krill oil over fish oil, the cheapest i've found it is at swansons, for about $18 a month.
As far as CLA, thats pretty much been debunked as ineffective and potentially harmful to the liver. No studies have ever showed it to work for fat/weight loss in humans, but there have been reports of liver damage. I can link to a thread if you're interested in reading more.
04-30-2009, 12:43 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By YellowJacket in forum SupplementsReplies: 40Last Post: 08-04-2012, 09:46 PM
- By pavb10 in forum SupplementsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-28-2008, 10:33 PM
- By glg in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 16Last Post: 08-19-2006, 06:46 PM
- By PT3 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-17-2006, 12:44 AM
- By OmarJackson in forum Weight LossReplies: 15Last Post: 06-27-2005, 08:42 PM