- 04-29-2009, 11:01 PM
I am trying to figure out exactly how I want to supplement healthy fats into my diet, and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions/protocol that they enjoy to use. I am looking into bulk fish oil, primarily, plus getting several packages of CLA to incorporate into my summer recomp. Are there any others that I should try to get in there as well? But I didn't know if a combination thing, like Animal's Omega product is a better choice. Any thoughts?
BTW I am 21, 6'2" approx 205 lbs
- 04-29-2009, 11:30 PM
My routine was to take 5-10g fish oil before bed depending on training intensity that day (more efa's for more physiological stress). Taking them before bed prevents burping that will definitely happen with a dose that size of bulk fish oil. I've switched to neptune Krill oil as I can just take three small pills for the same benefits. I highly recommend neptune krill oil over fish oil, the cheapest i've found it is at swansons, for about $18 a month.
As far as CLA, thats pretty much been debunked as ineffective and potentially harmful to the liver. No studies have ever showed it to work for fat/weight loss in humans, but there have been reports of liver damage. I can link to a thread if you're interested in reading more.
04-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By C0rk in forum Weight LossReplies: 23Last Post: 02-25-2008, 12:26 PM
- By C0rk in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-21-2008, 05:38 PM
- By OmarJackson in forum Weight LossReplies: 15Last Post: 06-27-2005, 07:42 PM
- By tatortodd in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-21-2003, 11:59 PM
- By Sanosuke in forum General ChatReplies: 11Last Post: 10-28-2002, 02:25 PM